Welcome!

Options

Replies

• Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I usually delete the post that shows up on my wall that reads "Southpaw211 replied to topic blah, blah, blah", mostly because I'm anal about other people reading my posts. I'm not really sure how it works if you're in a group and not just posting on a message board though. (And yet I spy the hell out of people on Facebook - there's a hypocrite for you, ha ha!)

thats funny :)

You can go into Settings, News Feed and uncheck the relevant box so it won't post that on your wall in the first place. :)
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ladies, how do I post pics? Thanks in advance :)

You need to upload a photo in photobucket (you can join for free - I just joined to post here). Once your photo is in photobucket, pull up your photo and there will be a "links" box (mine appeared on the far right hand side of the screen). Copy the IMG code and then paste it into a post on MFP but you'll need to change the IMG (it appears at beginning and end of the link) from upper case to lower case (img). I'm new at posting pics - hope this helps!
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Soooo glad I found this group! This is me exactly. I started my journey at 186 lbs and am now 176...hoping to make it to 139! I know I can do it...and to find a group that everyone is on the same weight level and goal weight is great!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

You can go into Settings, News Feed and uncheck the relevant box so it won't post that on your wall in the first place. :)

Thank you for that! I'm still relatively new to the site and starting to figure it out.
  • Databear89
    Databear89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiyo everyone!
    This month I hope to be in the 170's but my end goal is there. Would love to join with you guys. My current goal is to lose 5-6 pounds this month. I've learned BIG goals for each month dont really work for me :(. Glad to have joined this group!
    I'll post a picture later on today.

Height: 5' 7"

SW: 183 :frown:
    CW: 182.6:ohwell:
    GW: 139 :happy:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Ok WOW!

I *think* this board is public so anyone can join but I can lock it up if that is what everyone wants? I wasn't sure if I had to friend everyone or approve everyone so I left it public.

Sheesh better grab my bagel and sit down to read a bit...lol
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    What a great group!

SW: 173 (before MFP)
    CW: 152
    GW: In the 130's but at this point the 140's would be nice

I have been on MFP for a while and did well in the beginning but now I am just stuck losing the same 2 to 3 lbs over and over! :(
  • mebohan
    mebohan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ready for a restart! I joined MFP in January, but had been logging exercise on a private calendar since September..

I'm 27
    I'm 5'2
    I started in September at 178 (after being laid off and extremely lost all motivation for anything!)
    Joined MFP in January at 164
    Now I am close to 158 (but it is definatly not a firm 158 even though I've been here for a month)
    Hope to get to the 140s before my brothers wedding in September!
  • danadew18nj
    danadew18nj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    SO happy to have found this group! I really need the motivation / inspiration and you ladies to help light some fire!!

I have hit a plateau after losing 10 lbs with WW. I feel I wasn't eating things that were well rounded in my Daily Pts, so I'm happy to be counting calories and tracking items. So far, So good. I have only been tracking for about 10 days but hey, gotta start somewhere. I also just ordered Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I hope it comes sooner than the 9-14 days amazon told me so I can get crackin on that in the AM. WHAT a HUGE INSPIRATION to see the before / after pics of REAL GIRLS doing the JM videos and eating healthily!!

27 yrs old
    5'4"

CW 170
    gw 155
    ugw:
    ....I think I would be "happy" at 140-145 but to tell you the truth I really want to feel more comfortable in my own skin. 2 yrs ago I did a Duathlon (run 2 miles, bike 12 miles run 5k) and I felt like I was "in the best shape of my life" and i was at 158.
  • danadew18nj
    danadew18nj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    (edit: I meant Lisseth, not AJ)
    Lisseth , I think people CAN read posts without being in the group. I've read posts in groups that I didn't join to see if I was interested.

I'm 55, like some other posted, I was also thin in childhood through early 20's and gradually put on weight over the years. It's nice to see so many others that I can identify with on MFP. Thanks, WarmDon'tBurn for making the group!

SW 169
    GW, ~135 or whatever seems right when I get there.
    CW 160, currently in a plateau :(

I had my metabolic rate measured and it's very low (RMR=1007). I'm doing interval cardio and strength training with a trainer (for a couple of months anyway) to try and get that rate up. In only 3 weeks I can already tell a difference in the cardio conditioning. My main goals are to reduce body fat % and try to get my BP down and get off BP meds.

Hi, where did you get your metabolic rate measured? I know there are a ton of online tools... but I feel like i need to do something accurate and really get on track with MY body. Not some internet thing...
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This sounds like a great group for me!

I'm 30, 5'6" and currently 174.6 down from 187-190 in mid-February. My goal weight isn't specific, but I am totally over being overweight and slightly obese. I don't know where the best place BMI wise will be for me, but I was 145 in high school so I feel confident that in awesome shape I could be 135-ish. I just want to be healthy and see my stomach muscles for the first time. I bet they're beautiful. I would like to be looking pretty good by Halloween so I can be something sexy... a genie or something.

I work out using a circuit training kinect program for our xBox and am thinking about adding in more weights after starting to read NROLFW. I started running a few weeks ago and loved it, but after failing to learn how to work a treadmill :blushing: :noway: , a sprained foot is keeping me from hitting the roads for a bit longer. Here and I just got new running shoes for hitting 180 that I haven't even tried out!
  • deannalynne73
    deannalynne73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Wow!! You sound like me describing myself pretty much! I don't even need to tell about myself, really! lol However I gave up on Power 90. But I have recently joined a gym and am trying to get into a routine of going.

I am currently 176 and my goal is 135 :) Oh and I also recently bought a rice cooker (another similarity, lol) but I haven't really been using it. I think I will start, now that I am trying to eat healthier :)

Ha! That is really funny!! Now tell me that you're a geek boy stuck in a working mom's body and I'll know we're soulmates. Star Wars, Video Games (rpg's mostly), anime, comics - pretty much anything geeky is right up my alley. That's where I usually lose people - even my own friends, ha ha!

PS - The rice cooker is the bees knees. I've used it to make brown rice (so much nicer than that wet mushy stuff on my stovetop) and steel cut oats so far. I meant to make quinoa last night but forgot to pick it up at the store, so it was brown rice mixed with my summer veggies. Turned out just fine though.

I love brown rice, never made quinoa... will have to give that a try! I love how you can cook the rice and then steam veggies in the top part of the cooker... I think I might break mine out tonight to cook dinner!
    I love Star Wars, Transformers... all those type movies! I like video games but never really get a chance to play them! lol
    My daughters are 12 and 14.... the 14 yo being the one that has ADHD and not really sure what else that hasn't been diagnosed yet... : /
  • deannalynne73
    Options
    Wow, we're similar in a lot of ways! I'm 5'3", graduated at 116 lbs, and thought I was huge! Now that I'm 182 lbs, I think back to my old self and think darn it!! I should have enjoyed it back then! I got married young too, and the husband and I both let ourselves go a little. We're both working at getting more in shape, but our big issue is staying motivated. I have OCD/anxiety problems, and so much job stress o.o It's hard to devote my attention so many places at once, so I always let myself go first. Not anymore! Before I even logged on here I started up my own personal June Challenge journal, so it's such a nice coincidence that I found this one! I'm 182 lbs right now, but I'm close enough to join this group :)

What is Power 90? I bought P90x, but I'm much too out of shape for that right now!!

My goals are to be a size 6 again, and more importantly to feel better about the way I look and to buy clothes because they're my style, not because they hide the fat. Oh! And I'm a south paw too :) Looking forward to making some progress with everyone! :D

Yeah, Power 90 is a step down from P90X. But trust me, it is still difficult... and awesome! It also has different levels. It is perfect for the beginner :) Oh, and I am a southpaw too. You know what they say.... ;)
  • deannalynne73
    Options
    Hey there!

I am excited to join!

Height: 5'5"
    CW: 178.8
    GW: 139

Happy Belated Birthday!! :)
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Hi, where did you get your metabolic rate measured? I know there are a ton of online tools... but I feel like i need to do something accurate and really get on track with MY body. Not some internet thing...

There is a physical therapy/smart exercise place here that I am doing a program at, that my doctor told me about. They have a machine where you wear a mask and it measures your oxygen and CO2 levels (during rest and during exercise) and figures out your metabolic rate, at what heart rate you are burning fat and at what HR you are just burning carbs/fuel other than fat.

Then they give you a printout that tells you what your zones are, how many cals you burn at what heart rates, and what % of those cals is from fat. They give you a cardio program to follow using intervals to improve your condition. And 2 days/week with a trainer for strength training. After 8 weeks they will retest and recalculate the zones (which have hopefully changed!), and generate the next phase cardio plan.

Then there's another 8 week cycle but I don't think I will continue it that long, since it's very expensive (I think of it as an investment though). I hope to learn enough by the end of the first 8 weeks cycle that I can go on my own from there. On the other hand if the first cycle gives me really great results I may splurge and do the second cycle.

You can probably find a place in your area to do the metabolic testing. I;ve seen posts that sound like you can get it done pretty cheaply at some places.
  • stephnerR
    stephnerR Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 46 and I'm currently 168 pounds. I am 5'6 with a medium build. I have five boys and work full-time. This will be a great motivator - I need all the help I can find. I avoid pictures - whenever I see them I want to hide. I may post pictures when some of the rolls go away. Thanks for creating this group!

SW - 187
    CW - 168
    GW - 135
  • saltyraisins
    saltyraisins Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Perfect group!

I'm 27, 5'7"ish, and currently 175.6. I've been thinking that my goal weight is 135, but anywhere between 140-145 would be wonderful. I ~unofficially~ have Halloween as my goal end-date. But now that I typed it I think it's binding/official.

SW: 184
    CW: 175.6
    GW: 140

I'm excited to lose with you all... Let's get serious!
  • April1201
    April1201 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 46 and I'm currently 168 pounds. I am 5'6 with a medium build. I have five boys and work full-time. This will be a great motivator - I need all the help I can find. I avoid pictures - whenever I see them I want to hide. I may post pictures when some of the rolls go away. Thanks for creating this group!

SW - 187
    CW - 168
    GW - 135

I know what you mean about the pictures! I absolutely hate when people tag me in pictures on Facebook. It's just such a reminder of what I really look like. I'm ready to make a change, and be comfortable in my own skin. I want some memories this summer that I can capture on camera, and in order to do that I need to lose some weight! I'm so excited about this!
  • AndreaKZ
    AndreaKZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

This group sounds like a good group for me. In my 20's I had no problems staying in shape. I usually bounced around in the high 130's to low 140's and had no problems maintaining. But then I hit 30 and got pregnant. I got up to 188 pounds by the end of my pregnancy and after I had my baby I eventually leveled off around 170. My daughter is now 2 years old and I still haven't lost the weight. It just seems so much harder now to lose anything. I thought I would be back to normal in no time but no such luck. I am now slowly starting to lose the weight so I am hoping to be back in the 130's again soon. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

SW - 170
    CW - 163
    GW - 135
  • karawilliamson
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined MFP today and am happy to have discovered this group. I'm still exploring the site and trying to get the hang of everything.

SW: 166.6 (When I hopped on the scale this morning for the first time in a month or so and saw 666 staring at me, I knew it was time for a change!)
    CW: 166.6
    GW: 138