Anyone doing a Workout and Cardio in the same day???

I am not sure where I read it. Seems you can do a workout in the AM and a cardio in the PM.. Or back to back for that matter???
Help is it written anyway you can????? Without increasing your food????

Thanks for any and all responses...

Newbie, week one...

Have done many of her DVD's as well as, Shaun T, Tony Horton etc...

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    HI, first of all want to welcome you to this site !!! :)))
    I am currently ding JMBR and I'm finishing week 8- I used to do 2 workouts a day, but I would increase my food intake because my net cals for that day would be around 1100 , and that's too low for me. I didn't do her cardio and regular workout , I did her kickboxing . But then I had to stop because it found it was too much pressure on my knees .
    Right now I only do my daily workout and I take 3-4 km walks everyday with my toddler so I count that as a workout as well lol
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    I just finished the program this week! Welcome!

The workouts in the AM and PM are for the kickstart week (if you choose to do it). You stick to the schedule for week 1 but add cardio 1 to each day (you can do them back to back if you want). Kickstart also has you eating very few calories. HOWEVER, (and I've heard Jillian say this before) a diet of 1200 calories is for people who have over 50 pounds to lose. I would up your cals on the program. I aim for 1200 calories plus I eat back a lot (or all) of my exercise calories. Just do whatever makes you feel good.
  • raasch
    raasch Posts: 2
    Thank you sooo much, I thought it was a kickstart thing.. I truly love Jillian!!!

J
  • melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Hi everyone!

I am recommitting myself to this Body Revolution. Today I did JMBR Cardio and Phase 1 Week 1 work out. It was awesome!
    Where do I post them for credit in the Exercise tab?

Lookin forward to staying on track :)
    Melissa
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    I just finished the program this week! Welcome!

The workouts in the AM and PM are for the kickstart week (if you choose to do it). You stick to the schedule for week 1 but add cardio 1 to each day (you can do them back to back if you want). Kickstart also has you eating very few calories. HOWEVER, (and I've heard Jillian say this before) a diet of 1200 calories is for people who have over 50 pounds to lose. I would up your cals on the program. I aim for 1200 calories plus I eat back a lot (or all) of my exercise calories. Just do whatever makes you feel good.

I've heard her say the same thing about 1200 calories. This doesn't make sense to me. When you're larger (e.g., over 50 lbs to lose), your basal metabolic rate is higher (takes more calories to carry a bigger body around). I don't see why that's appropriate for someone larger...especially with these workouts. Not for me. My lowest days are in the high 1300s and that's not my norm. I'm usually 1500-1700 calories on average. With these workouts, it's just too few calories, and I have 75 lbs to lose.