Excercise every day..........come on!

Options
mini72
mini72 Posts: 59 Member
Got this from another group.

Challenge for the month that we do something every day.It doesnt matter if its the 30DS,a 5k run ,10 mins walking to the local park or 5 jumping jacks.We just need to get ourselves moving!

Yesterday I tried 30DS but hated it LOL
Today I am going to go for a run.

What are you going to do?

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Hated the 30DS really and Jillian is so likable...LOL
    It was tough for me and I vowed to make it through but I did make it to level 2.

Hmm it is another rainy day here and jam packed! I have a full day of deliveries and a few other errand. Promise to sneak something in just not too sure what the day will bring!
  • mini72
    Options
    It was my 2nd time trying it and though the reason I hated it last time is because I was still smoking and foubd it too difficult.Alas,no I just hate all the hopping around!

Rainy day here too and I had planned on going out for a run but looks like it will be the treadmill.
  • mrdth6686
    mrdth6686 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym to do my usual elliptical routine then going to walk around the farmer's market, finding healthy yummy produce and eggs :)
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I try and get on the treadmill for 45 minutes a day. Unfortunately its in my living room and my bf , his daughter and her friend are here today and i don't like working out infront of people. Luck enough for me I work in a very active dementia unit and burn over 1200 calories per night at work. That will be my workout today!
  • kristynkayte
    Options
    Although I really do want to try the 30 DS...I don't do well with videos. Wondering if I should purchase it or if it would be a waste of $.
  • danadew18nj
    danadew18nj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love this!

Yesterday I did 30 min on the elliptical.

Today: 60 min of Barbell blast (weight training class @ the gym).
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I did Jilian's Ripped in 30 (week 3) today! Tough, tough workout but I'm glad I did it! Keep it up, Ladies!!!
  • mini72
    Options
    Well done everyone!

Well I have only recently started running.Doing my own version of C25K.

Today I was on treadmill for 33 mins and ran for 25 mins of that @ 8km/ph .Only took 90 second intervals so really pleased!!!i covered 4.01km!

kristynkayte

I would see if you could borrow it somewhere or maybe even at the library?
  • danadew18nj
    Options
    I absent mindedly (is that a word?) kepy my HRM on while I have been cleaning the house since I've returned to the gym... So far (including my 450ish workout this AM) & I just saw my HRM hit 2,007 Calories woohoo. I def don't feel guilty drinking a skinny girl margharita while scrubbing & dubbing the house!! woop woop... back to my 3rd load of laundry and time to run the vaccum ;)
  • deannalynne73
    deannalynne73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I did 30 mins on the treadmill and 30 mins on the bike at the gym yesterday. Today I swam in the pool with my daughter for 45 mins doing laps and relays :) Getting ready to go out and mow the yard now!
  • mini72
    Options
    What type of HRM are you all using?
  • mini72
    Options
    I did 15 mins of kettlebells earlier and was planning to go for a run but dont feel very well so the couch it is!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    20 minutes of just dance 3 and LOTS of cleaning today!!
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I absent mindedly (is that a word?) kepy my HRM on while I have been cleaning the house since I've returned to the gym... So far (including my 450ish workout this AM) & I just saw my HRM hit 2,007 Calories woohoo. I def don't feel guilty drinking a skinny girl margharita while scrubbing & dubbing the house!! woop woop... back to my 3rd load of laundry and time to run the vaccum ;)
    [/quote

That's awesome. I mowed the lawn... according to my ped. that's almost 4 miles!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Haha, that's awesome! If I was drinking a margarita while scrubbing... well, let's just say I wouldn't be scrubbing long. I've got to look into these skinny girl margaritas. And making pina coladas with my Silk Pure Coconut Milk. Guess I'll have to burn a lot of cals during the day for that reward!

I need to (a) find my HRM and (b) get some batteries in it so I can figure out what I'm actually burning instead of using the MFP estimate. I bought it a few years ago but never could figure out how to work the thing. I'm pretty technologically minded but not terribly coordinated, ha!
  • kristynkayte
    Options
    Ok...i may be a big dummy here...but what the heck is an HRM??????
  • danadew18nj
    Options
    morning all! I did the first day of 30DS.
    I can see where it could be a little tricky. I'm a little sore from Saturday's gym/cleaning session. Sunday I took the day off from "sports bra activity" but I'm sure I did enough around the house to justify my handful of chocolate covered raisins... mmmm :)
  • mini72
    Options
    HRM-Heart rate monitor!

Did 40mins in total on treadmill today and covered 4.7km.
  • kristynkayte
    Options
    Just got off my treadmill as well! Did 2.56 miles and burned 423 cals! I do this daily and love it! It's really helping my 'trouble spots' which are my legs and bootie :)
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I already workout every day :)
    on my "days off" I go for a 30-90 min walk