princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Fresh bread slathered in butter.....

Then pizza...

Then Cake!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I gave up nothing. I can have 2 free meals or 2 free days if I do high impact cardio each weeks.
    Whatever I want I can eat on my free days.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I gave up nothing. I can have 2 free meals or 2 free days if I do high impact cardio each weeks.

My husband and I plan on starting this in March after our 6 month program ends and we'll be on our own. One free meal a week whatever we want. My first three free meals will be: sushi, a Publix sub, burrito.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options

My husband and I plan on starting this in March after our 6 month program ends and we'll be on our own. One free meal a week whatever we want. My first three free meals will be: sushi, a Publix sub, burrito.

Just be careful and watch the cravings. Sometimes a little slack works fine (my wife and I used to eat popcorn at the theater when we were getting lower in weight) but sometimes can cause a trigger that leads you down the wrong path.

I would say that I don't really personally miss much, but I have a weakness for corn chips and nachos. While I know that I can make substitues, they are not quite the same. While I would prefer to avoid all grains in the future as much as possible, I think that some corn in some form very occasionally won't hurt, for me my slide back into fatness really happened with sugary junk more than anything. It WILL NOT happen this time, and I will certainly catch it at 10lbs instead of 80+lbs if it starts.
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cereal!

Take pork rinds and crunch up a little....add cinnamon and splenda and use as a cinnamon toast crunch cereal.....also take pork rinds and drizzle with butter and add splenda and cinnamon for the Taco Bell treats :)..you can warm up in the micro briefly

Ug! I tried the butter and cinnamon and splenda on pork rinds and it was TERRIBLE! Are there any brands of pork rinds that don't have that strong of a flavor to them?
  • Glamaz0n
    Options
    Bread. I love bread. I love it slathered with butter. Now I have bread once a month on my cheat day. I make sure to earn it too.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options

Ditto. Well, kinda.

Is everybody here moving up the carb ladder? Doing so adds some flexibility which makes lower-carb eating much easier to stick to. I usually have about 80-100 grams/daily and still lose just fine. I eat lower some days, higher other days, but generally stay in that range. When I eat lower it's usually because I've had a high-carb day or two enjoying some pizza or pasta or some other higher-carb treat so I go back to eating lower for a day or two to help balance out my system. It works well for me.

When I made the mistake of trying to stay on induction levels, I found it extremely hard to stick to and that's when a carb binge would result in going off-plan for days, weeks, even months a few times. I was like a heroin addict back on the smack. But allowing myself a bit more carbs on daily basis has eliminated that problem. It's now easy to stick to because I eliminate nothing. I just eat it less often and in smaller portions.
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Cereal!

Take pork rinds and crunch up a little....add cinnamon and splenda and use as a cinnamon toast crunch cereal.....also take pork rinds and drizzle with butter and add splenda and cinnamon for the Taco Bell treats :)..you can warm up in the micro briefly

That sounds horrible!! HAHAHAHA But I guess it might be good? lol
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Cereal!

It's super good! I can't stand pork rinds but when you put butter, cinnamon and Splenda on them they become a whole new thing!
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cereal!

It's super good! I can't stand pork rinds but when you put butter, cinnamon and Splenda on them they become a whole new thing!

I tried doing this and it was horrible tasting! What brand of pork rinds do you use? Maybe the ones I got are just super strong flavored? Know of any mild flavored ones?

16621806.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I miss pretzel! Especially the Utz sourdough specials. Those were my favorite!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Oh cinnamon donuts, pizza and pasta on a friday night. Mmmmm....
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I miss decent ale. I used to grab some Hobgoblin or something from the import shop and loved that.

Having said that ,I do appreciate a decent Shiraz, or a rubbish one for that matter.

I did go out the other week and binge on Guinness ... I reframed that event as a "Metabolic Reset" ;)
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    "metabolic reset" - I'll have to remember that one.

Pasta. I love bread, too, but pasta is so great for making easy meals. I can't find spaghetti squash here in northern UK, but I'm wondering how hard it would be to grow some!

I've been thinking about reintroducing pasta once I've reached goal weight and start running again...but perhaps an alternative version...AND as a small side dish. That's the pipe dream, anyway.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Bread-like things are the hardest for me, but the MIMs are really helping when I need a fix!
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    potatoes..like sooo effin' hard it ridiculous..i can't even cook them without dyyying to have a bite and i'm a chef at work and the only cook for my family who doesn't eat low-carb...

You HAVE to try Faux Potatoes..... It's too close to mashed potatoes to tell

1 medium head cauliflower
    1/2 package (4 oz) Philli Cream Cheese
    1/2 stick butter

Steam the cauliflower until really soft, drain as much water you can
    Combine in a big bowl the cauliflower and the cheese and butter.
    I use a hand Blender and mix the fire out of them.

Super good....great fiber !!!
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh....and my weakness is hot Krispy Kreme Donuts......it's a Southern thing too LOL
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter cap'n crunch :sad: