looking for breakfast ideas, but I can't have eggs or dairy

Options
kiku76
kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
Hi everyone. I have gone little or no carb before and I always lose weight. I gave up thinking "I need carbs!"
However, I noticed when I eat them, I just cant lose weight. I'm going to go back to eating low carbs, eliminating wheat and grains is a big one for me, but im a little stuck on breakfast ideas.
Im nursing my 16mo old and hes allergic to dairy, egg whites and peanuts. Any breakfast ideas would be appreciated very much.
Thank you

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Ooh, that is a little tough but I guess you'll just have to go with meat and veggies? You could do a bit of berries or other low carb fruit. Maybe a salad or sauteed veggies with bacon or grilled chicken. It might be kinda weird at first to eat "non-breakfast" items for breakfast but I bet you'll get used to it!

Have you made the muffin in a minute recipe? Maybe you can figure out how to make it without egg...I wonder if just egg yolk would work? I add a teaspoon or two of sour cream to it instead of the butter in the regular recipe. You could maybe spread almond butter on it?

Also, here's a wheat free, dairy free, egg free almond cookie that might be a nice morning pastry for you, if you replace the agave/honey with sf sweetener. I haven't made this particular one, but I do make one that contains egg that is pretty yummy.
    http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/364519/365870.aspx#365870
  • Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
    how about a protein shake with unsweetened almond milk? To add fat, you can eat half-avocado.
    Or what about a couple of slices of Canadian bacon?

And it's probably none of my business, but why are you still nursing a 16 month old? Maybe you should start thinking about how to slowly finish breast-feeding? Just a thought, no offense, please.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    To be honest, why limit yourself to the typical breakfast foods?

Im a big fan of having leftovers from dinner, for my breakfast.

Ill also get my rabbit-food-freak on and have a big salad with some grilled chicken or grilled steak tips

You can really have anything you want - OHHHHHHHHHHH, a CBLT salad!!!! Fresh roasted chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato and bleu cheese crumbles with a light drizzle of balsamic reduction... OH MY GAWD, OHHHH SOOO GOOD!
  • Sandown54
    Sandown54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How about ham and tomatoes or cucumber?

Or last night's supper, cold (I love cold curry and chilli for breakfast).

If you can't have dairy you could think about having a can of sardines to up your calcium intake.

Think 'food' not 'breakfast'

Good luck
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Don't been afraid of non-breakfast foods - if it tastes good for lunch or dinner, it'll taste good in the morning, too :)

I often make a smoothie with coconut milk, spinach, frozen berries, and protein powder (although I image you'll have a hard time finding a powder without egg or dairy in it).
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    thank you for the great ideas!
    Last night I cooked some breakfast sausage (it turned into crumbles) in olive oil with chopped up red and green bell pepper and broccoli. It's going to be breakfast for a few days and it's awesome. I noticed when I did have oatmeal for breakfast, I was starving an hour or 2 later. so hopefully changing to more protein in the morning helps.
    I did find a pea protein powder and it just came in the mail so I'm kinda stoked about that.
  • Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
    Also, how about tuna salad: canned tuna with some mayo, you can add some cucumbers, pickles, black olives, celery to it too.