Weight Loss Warriors, Challenges for 06/04-06/10

Options
Going4Healthy
Going4Healthy Posts: 38 Member
Alright, by popular demand..... Challenges are here.
I thought we'd start it off slow and easy by doing some "smaller" things we should be doing any way.

For this week:
:drinker: Drink 8 glasses of water each day. (This is a particular struggle for me so I need to make it a habit!), and
:smile: Exercise 20 minutes a day. (Break it up if you cannot find 20 minutes at one time during the day. Take 2-ten minute walks, etc.)

Together we can succeed in this journey. We need to push each other, support each other, and encourage each other.

Let's Do This!!! :happy:

(If you have any ideas for challenges, just let me know. And spread the word about our group. It's open for any and all that want to join!)

Replies

• Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Water is a big issue for me also.....i stopped drinking diet soda so now i will have to drink water :). So challenge accepted. I'm hoping for a great week this week :)
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am totally in. :happy: One thing I do to make sure I drink 8 glasses of water is I put 8 rubber bands on my wrist in the morning. I take one off every time I drink a glass of water. The rubber bands help remind me to drink.

Question-does ice tea or flavored water count?
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm all in. This may help me with not drinking enough water on the weekends!!!! :drinker:
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yay....I am all for challenging myself :)
  • debrapeterson
    debrapeterson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Challenge excepted, but won't be easy. How long will this one last?
  • Going4Healthy
    Options

Absolutely... any beverage counts toward your water count. If ice-tea didn't count, I would be in BIG trouble. :wink:
  • Going4Healthy
    Options
    How long will this one last?

This is the challenge for the week. Because water seems to be an issue for so many people, me included, I am sure it will be included most if not all weeks.... I might even throw in a few weeks where we try to get in MORE than our 64 ounces.
  • debrapeterson
    Options

Absolutely... any beverage counts toward your water count. If ice-tea didn't count, I would be in BIG trouble. :wink:

Oh my gosh I drink so many cups of black coffee a day so I should start counting them as water. If thats the case I drink way over 8 glasses a day. I know I should cut back on my coffee but I love it so much and it keeps me warm.
  • Going4Healthy
    Options
    [/quote]
    Oh my gosh I drink so many cups of black coffee a day so I should start counting them as water. If thats the case I drink way over 8 glasses a day. I know I should cut back on my coffee but I love it so much and it keeps me warm.
    [/quote]
    Keep in mind that all of that caffeine can actually make you thirstier and that caffeine can make you feel hungrier. It can also cause things like high blood pressure and anxiety over long term use. Have you thought about changing just half of that to de-caf tea? It would still warm you up!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Great challenge idea!
  • elpalacio79
    elpalacio79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This one is not much of a challenge for me since i LOVE to drink water. i think sometimes i drink too much water. But i'm up for anything since i'm back on again. Got exited when i saw that there was going to be a challenge. Went to the water park this weekend and got really motivated to start back up again.

i think my challenge is going to be the exercise part. sometimes i just dont feel like it. so here i go.
  • BHRussell
    BHRussell Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love the rubber band idea because I don't get enough water on my days off. Maybe it will encourage my kids for the water they drink. They like being like their Momma.:) Ididn't think anything with caffine counted... oh goodie. I got this one.
  • rejie1
    rejie1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Finally an answer to my question about does other liquids count. If that is the case I drink at least glasses of water plus other liquids like juice, coffee, milk. My poor kidneys and bladder. Hahaha.
    Challenge accepted. Sounds good to me except for today 6-4 took off exercising.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted. Good luck everybody:smile:
  • Going4Healthy
    Options
    How did everyone do on day one of the challenge? I got my water AND my exercise in.

Last night my husband and I went to the 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour and looked at over 3000 hot rods an muscle cars. It's too bad drooling doesn't burn calories because I did a lot of that while walking!!! If you want to see some of the pics, you can check them out at http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4147655055472.180538.1406686419&type=3&l=1e96e7f900. My inner-tomboy had a great time!
  • debrapeterson
    Options
    Water yes exercise no, but will work on it.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I got through Day 1 okay, and I have the exercise part of today down. Doing 30DS helps because that commits me to 25 minutes a day, though I'm trying to get another 20-30 in at the gym before work as well.
  • tlctrace
    tlctrace Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    8 glasses of water and 50 minutes of exercise!
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do on day one of the challenge? I got my water AND my exercise in.

Yesterday I walked 4 miles :) wahooo. And water is never a problem for me. I drink that exclusively except for unsweet tea with dinner (with some Stevia)

Today I did 2.5 miles on the Gazelle before work, will walk 3 miles after work this evening, barring no rain. If so I'll use the Gazelle again. On my 3rd 32oz cup of water for today!
  • debrapeterson
    Options
    Water yes exercise no, but will work on it.

Tuesday water done for the day. Exercise won't happen this week due to family needs. But I'm walking the stairs a little