MENOPAUSE IS NOT A DISEASE!

Options
Menopause is a natural phase of life it is not a disease! When was the menopause medicalised and stigmatised? Why has this natural end of our reproductive cycle been 'shoved in the bottom draw' and not talked about? Why is it taboo?

If we all start talking to each other about our menopausal experiences then we 'normalise' it. Once menopause is normalised and spoken about freely then we can openly deal with the many symptoms and free ourselves from the stigma!

A woman standing alone can do many things but women standing together are awesome!!

Check out this website - www.thechangeexplained.com

Replies

• rolloffat
    rolloffat Posts: 17
    Options
    Well said, if we can remember this :smile
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am finding that it's something not talked about much either. But, it's up to us to change attitudes. I have no qualms about letting someone know that I need just a few minutes to come back from a hot flash. The more we make it to be normal, the more people might start accepting it as such.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Ha - I talk about it all the time! I am in a perpetual state of hotflashes, even with my prescription med, so I proudly tell people who stare and me and wonder why I'm red and pulling on my shirt. Though it can be a nuisance, I prefer it over monthly periods and pregnancy scares. I'm quite happy to be in this phase of life.
  • Mary831331
    Mary831331 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes I definitely agree. I would take hot flashes over cramps, headaches, etc. anytime!!