Would you move...

Options
13»

Replies

• NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've moved around the country many times for my job but have never really considered if I would do that for the right person, wow! I guess I would say yes. My family is in OH, I'm in NC, I've lived in AZ, MI, TX, etc... so I feel like I know people everywhere!

I will admit though, for the first time, I LOVE where I live in North Carolina so it would take a pretty amazing guy to get me to think about moving. I would be tough to step away from the life I have built here, and quite frankly, feel like I'm fighting a losing battle to avoid being Negative Nancy when I say I'm not expecting to meet anyone that amazing!
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    For a "might" - No.
    For a "do" - maybe/probably. It would honestly have to be a compromise and we'd have to look at which is better - them moving to me or me moving to them.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I'm totally open to the idea.

Miss Canada I'm seeing on my trip loves Australia and wants to come back... Maybe I'll just propose whilst I'm there :-/
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    My gf and I have been talking about this. So much of this decision depends on where you are in your life and how attached you are to a location.

I want to move down there (to the beach), but I'm in my peak earning years and a daughter in college. If she were to move where I live, she isn't sure she'd make the kind of money she's making now (and she has a daughter starting college next fall). So, we're talking and seeing what makes sense.

In the end, I know I'm going to end up down there. But it will probably be a few years away (that is unless I win the lottery).
  • stargreen25
    Options
    YEP for the right person! I love to move!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Depends...is there snow there? Does the city suck?
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I am facing this right now actually.

Met a guy from New York who is here until the 27th. What started out as fun and games has become pretty serious. I can definitely see myself uprooting and moving to New York City. I intend on finishing my second degree in Australia first, though.

My plan is to see where he's at by then (end of 2016), and if it all still seems plausible, then I am going to do some work experience in New York City and go from there. And if we were to end up together, we would always visit home because he loves it here, so I wouldn't be saying goodbye to Sydney for good or anything.

So yes, I absolutely would move. But you'd wanna make sure that you are still doing it for you too. Don't move anywhere that would make you unhappy, or would be unrealistic for you career-wise
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    Absolutely. I would move to another country for the right person.....and I think that might be happening sooner rather than later!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    The more I think about this, the more location would be a huge part of my decision. When I was last looking for a new job I was also looking in Austin, the Bay Area, and Eastern Virginia /Maryland in addition to my native New England and it wouldn't take much at all to get me to move to any of those areas. I would gladly switch to the metric system to move back to Austria particularly Vienna or Salzburg. But I'd have to be pretty head over heels to move to some places like Florida, Ohio or Illinois. And if she were from Western Oklahoma, Northern Minnesota or Vegas, well I hope she likes Massachusetts because I am not moving there. This is all assuming of course I can find a job there or can continue my current job being on the road 100% of the time as opposed to 75% of the time.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Yes! There isnt much I wouldnt do for the right person, as long as the feeling was mutual :bigsmile:
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I would never do it again. I know so many guys who have done this and the girl either cheated or they broke up. Too many people cheat today, (in fact, I only know 4 women that dont cheat, its a attention thing more than a sex thing) for me to ever recommend moving solely based on a girl. Before anyone bashes me, you all know how many on here are married and do what they do. You have to move not just because of her, you have to move for you too and be sure its a place you will be happy. Whatever you choose, I wish you luck.