destined to be a cat lady

Options
2»

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    To the OP-Where are you meeting men? There may be something askew about your day to day activities. It could be something simple easily fixed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've begun to take on that mind set myself. Every guy I have had in my life has just taken advantage of me. Honestly, I don't blame the guys. I'm sure there are nice ones out there, but if they are interested in me, then I'm not interested in them. So I pretty much think it is my fault. And since I have tried to change who I am attracted to and still ended up with the same crap. It must be me and I don't know how to change it. Guess I'll be a cat lady too. After the kids move out though. It might be too embarrassing growing up in a house with the cat lady. I've got a starter though so I'll spoil that one rotten first.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm already the crazy dog lady. (at least that's what landlords around here think...) Then I had to stay for my PhD, making me even MORE unsuitable for most guys.

I have figured one thing out, though. Guys in my general dating range my tend to be more superficial and judgmental about looks and such... but older guys are more likely to have their priorities in order. Too bad I refuse to date someone my Mom's age. So... I just have to wait until I get old enough that mid-40s isn't out of my comfort zone.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    another problem is that now I'm just pessimistic. i feel like true love never can happen because there will always be someone who loves the other more. i feel like its impossible for those couples who have been together for so long to truly feel in love like they first did.. even weddings make me sad because I'm secretly thinking "wow, chances are you will join the 50% of couples who divorce"
    I agree with this 100%.

If you actually become a cat lady, then I'll pop by from time to time for a cat sandwich (I know a few very good recipes, and really 67 or 66 cats doesn't make a huge difference - you wouldn't even notice).
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think we all feel like that once in a while. It's a mindset and we just need to remind ourselves to be positive. But just in case, I've already made my SIL promise that she needs to warn me if I start turning into a crazy dog lady (not into cats)...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Ha just posted on the forever alone thread how I feel the same way :tongue:
  • Ragel27
    Ragel27 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same,im a nice person,but just seem to get hurt whenever i do meet anyone i like-there are men interested in me,but they either just want to get laid or already have a girlfriend-same thing i guess!

I want & deserve more,but it feels like im destined to be alone forever.
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way - except when I retire (and if I'm still alone) I'm going to be a dog lady. :-)

Don't give up. Who knows, maybe you'll find that guy or maybe you'll come across something far better!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    When I start to think like this I realize I need to try to change my mindset. That is when I will get myself out doing something for me to improve my mental and emotional state. If I feel like a negative Nancy, no one would want to be around me, so it is up to me to change that. We all have times in life where we feel like this.

I am not ready to be a cat lady ..... yet. Hope you arent ready either!