Chris' (Gerbies) 90-day journey with JM...

Options

Replies

• gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm still chugging along. Eating is still terrible. I really need to just get a handle on this. I continue to work out every day, though I have not done all of my workouts in the morning. I'm sure my poor eating is affecting my sleep, thus making it challenging to wake up. I will be back on track...doing an extra week of 7/8 next week as well. I am, by no means, not working at the highest level in these workouts. Though I do not expect to be as strong and proficient as the individuals on the DVD, I want to feel like I can do these moves well, before I move on. Either way, it's Phase 3, starting 6/4. I've gained and lost the same pound this entire month. I anticipate being the same weight 5/31 that I was at the start, but I will work to lose a bit of weight this coming week, so the month is not a complete loss (no pun intended). I started the month at 232.4; I hope to be in the 220's (even if it's 229.9) by 5/31. Even though this isn't a big monthly loss, I can feel good about progress of being in the 220s.
  • gerbies
    Options
    Finished week 8 of the program (my 9th week doing JMBR). I have felt stonger these last few days doing workouts 7 & 8 and cardio 2. The workouts are still very challenging, so, as planned, I'll be adding an additional week. Though I haven't been eating great, I hope the fact that I have been doing the workouts is helping prepare me for future weeks. I have to remember that my weight gain did not happen in a matter of weeks, and losing weight I have held onto for more than 10 years is going to take time. I'm not in a rush, but want to continue seeing results. A big goal is to see my weight start with a 1 (I am just over 30 lbs away). I have been over 200 lbs for almost 13 years (though my weight has fluctuated during that time from 205 lbs to a high of 285 right after I had my son). I'll continue to move towards that goal!
  • WTJS
    WTJS Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello! Miss seeing your updates on how you are doing. Hope you'll come back and keep us posted!
  • gerbies
    Options
    I'm back! After a 2-week hiatus, I'm back and in full effect (or something like that...lol). I decided that due to my 2-week break and gaining a few pounds, I would start phase 2 over. I had great results in phase 1 and during my "first" phase 2, I did the workouts, but didn't eat great, hence, I ended up not losing much. SO, after 2-weeks off that started with one day that I was unable to work out due to a work function (doesn't it always start with just one day??), I need to be back. I remeasured yesterday (I actually gained 1/2 inch in my chest, waist and hips since my last measure 6 weeks ago) and weighed in today. This morning I did workout 5 and FEEL GREAT! I felt strong (except for my first attempt at the one-legged squats...felt shaky) and was able to really go hard throughout the workout. I will definitely challenge myself this time. I'm ready, in terms of food (my fav breakfast and lunch foods are ready) and I'm just determined. My husband has also committed to eating better. In fact, I completed my workout a little while ago (and am updating this before getting in the shower for work) and he's out jogging. I'm feeling better than I have in weeks. I'm recommitted and here and ready for results!
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great to see you back! You have a really great approach to the program and have been an inspiration to us here on the board.
  • gerbies
    Options
    Great to see you back! You have a really great approach to the program and have been an inspiration to us here on the board.

Thanks!
  • gerbies
    Options
    Back in action...first full day back was great. I ate well, didn't feel deprived and even slept better. Workout this morning felt good....workout 6. I still feel a difference in my balance; that was the first thing to get weaker after 2 weeks off. I'm excited to see how much stronger I am after these two weeks of 5 & 6 again. So far, feeling good!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    It's so awesome that you didn't let a small setback derail you! We can all learn from this. Keep going! I am right behind you!!!!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Great attitude and spirit and way to get back on the horse!
  • gerbies
    Options
    Oh, how I love you, Cardio 2! O.k., not love in the usual "always thinking about you" sort of way, but I do love how it makes me feel. Cardio 2 makes me feel like an athlete. It's challenging, I can push myself as hard as I want and I get a great workout. I always add a few minutes at the end doing additional cardio for a better cooldown; her transition from workout to stretching is just too abrupt for me. I typically do some kickboxing moves/combinations until the end (about 4 additional minutes), then go back to the cooldown/stretch. I feel much better afterwards and I get 4 additional minutes of cardio. I don't know about you, but somehow I feel more accomplished when my cardio time is at least 30 minutes (versus 28). I know that's silly, but whatever works to motivate, right? O.k., going to have another good eating day. I'm working from home, so everything I need is available here. Maybe I can try and get another workout in, but I seriously doubt it. Though I feel great after doing Cardio 2 this morning, I am pooped! Another day down!
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You do have a great attitude.Your doing great.I can't wait to get to cardio 2 like you.
  • WTJS
    WTJS Posts: 14
    Options
    Yeah! Great to see you back. Good luck with your journey, as always!
  • gerbies
    Options
    Day 4 done...workout 5 for a second time. I definitely felt a bit tight this morning, since I've been working out this week. My balance is still challenged, but getting better. I read a person's blog on this site who has lost 120 lbs. What was interesting was a blog about "what she did" to get where she is. She worked out six days a week, 3 days strength training and 3 days cardio for about an hour a day...nothing crazy. She also ate relatively clean, but nothing too crazy; she noted that she had 2-3 days a month she didn't track and just didn't worry about these days (though I doubt she went nuts). She also noted that she ate 1500-1700 calories for the first 5-6 months, then raised that to 1700 or so (no lower than her RMR). She has lost 120 lbs in 10 months. I eat less than that most days and some weeks, when I thought I should lose more, I didn't lose much. I think I'm going to experiment with at least eating my RMR and htne not caring about exercise calories. Ultimately, with my current workouts, my RMR is higher than what myfitnesspal says anyway. We'll see what happens. I'm thinking of adding some jogging, too. I always loved running...maybe a couple of times a week for "flavor".
  • gerbies
    Options
    Almost done with my week of 5/6. I'm already feeling less bloated than a week ago. I also had to start going through my drawers for summer clothes (we're going on vacation next week). Many items that I haven't been able to wear now fits or is loose. I fact, I might not have many pairs of shorts to wear. That's alright...Ithink I'll just wear some baggy ones fr the beach days and not worry about the rest :). Feeling very focused and motivated :).
  • gerbies
    Options
    My first week back is complete! I'm looking forward to weighing in tomorrow to see what my results are. I woke up early this lovely Saturday morninng to get my cardio workout in (Cardio 2) and to ensure I could leave by 7:00 a.m to take my car to the dealer for maintenance. When I got home, we cleaned out our basement (yea, more exercise). I'm now definitely tired.

One bummer for the day. I have a wedding to attend in 3 weeks and ordered a few dresses as possibilities to wear. Unfortunately, none of them fit. I had a feeling that I wouldn't fit into them yet (typically I have to size up for dresses since I'm bigger up top than on the bottom; I tend to have a broad back (even when I was think, my back was harder to fit). From my perspective, with Lane Bryant, if the item is fitted and not a stretchy/giving fabric, I need to size up in shirts. I ordered dresses in 14 and 16. The one I love the most is the 16 and I can get it on, but i needs to be bigger. Sadly, they no longer have it in an 18 on-line. I'm going to see if the stores have it, so I can exchange. I don't think I can lose enough to fit into it well in 3 weeks. I'm going to keep it because it's super cute and I will wear it eventually, but I'm back to the drawing board...ugh.
  • gerbies
    Options
    My first week back was a success! I lost 4.7 lbs and I feel great! I started reading more about upping my calorie intake as a means to feel even better and have more energy for my workouts. I'm excited to try it. Right now, I'm average 1600 calories or so a day. I'm going to increase to my RMR (about 1750) to see if that helps. I also will allow myself in upwards of 2000 or more (whatever my total calories per day to break even) on one day a week to break up the monotony. This seems to work for a huge group of people (there's a group on MFP called "Eat More 2 Lose More" that's been very interesting. Looking forward to next week!
  • gerbies
    Options
    My second week of workouts 5/6. Completed workout 5 today; already found myself to be stronger than last week. I leave on vacation next Saturday and need to figure out what I'm going to do while away. I will not have access to all of my weights, so I'm not sure what to do for weights. I think I'll bring the cord and maybe 3 lb weights and see what I can do. With the choppers, maybe I can find something heavy to use?? I don't know what to do. I also thought about creating my own "mix" of intervals, Jillian style ,combining all of her faves that do not require a specific weight (either body weight or the cord).

Any other ideas?
  • gerbies
    Options
    Workout 6 is done! I also spent time today trying to prepare for vacation; we're leaving to NH on Saturday. I decided that I'm going to try and do a "Jillian Body Revolution" workout on vacation. I can't bring weights, but I can bring my cable, so I'm going to make a custom workout with the equipment that's available (me, cable, cans, bottled water, etc.). I reviewed workouts 5, 6, 7 & 8 today and made notes of all of the moves, and what's need to complete them (e.g., weights, cable, if I could use cans or something else, body weight, etc.). I am going to review the list while we drive to our vacation house in NH and create a custom workout, with one workout being a combo of 5 & 7 (same body parts worked) and 6 & 8. There are enough moves/circuits that I should be able to build two 4-circuit workouts. There are some circuits that are all body weight and/or a combo with body weight/cables. There are also moves tha use dumbbells that I should be able to use the cable (squats, bent over row, etc.). I also plan to bring Cardio 2 and Jillian's kickboxing workout. I'm bringing my ipod (for doing the circuit training), so I'll be able to jog as well. I hope all of this planning will keep me on plan. I will have this "custom" week as my third week back on JMBR and then move into workouts 7 & 8 the week we return.
  • gerbies
    Options
    Forgot to post here yesterday, but I completed Cardio 2 as planned. Woke up this morning and also got my workout in...last time for workout 5! As noted, I'll be combining moves from her workouts to create a custom circuit on vacation. I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out. Feeling good. I'm looking forward to weighing in on Saturday (normally, I weigh in on Sunday, but we leave for vacation on Saturday). Feeling very grateful for this program!
  • gerbies
    Options
    Completed workout 6 for the last time. We go on vacation tomorrow for a week and I will do some custom workouts. When we return, I'll start on workout 7 & 8.

I'm feeling pretty happy with my food choices tonight. We have little food in the house (preparing for vacation), so we ordered Chinese food. Usually, I order a pork egg roll and sesame chicken (which is fried with lots of sweet sauce). Tonight (and by the time we ordered I was already hungry), I ordered egg drop soup, teriyaki chicken skewers and chicken and broccoli. I feel very good about what I ordered and how much I ate. I now sit here...typing this update...satisfied, but not stuffed. That's a win to me! And though it looks like I went over my daily calories by 100, I've actually been trying to hit my BMR each day (1740), which I didn't even hit. This makes me confident I can eat well on vacation.