Help! I'm starving to death

Options
Ok, when I started this several weeks ago I wanted to lose weight quickly for my college graduation end of June (who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks)! ;) But, I'm starving at 1200 calories a day and never making it. I'm averging at least 1500 calories a day or more. Does anyone know how to reset the calorie tracker or something? I'm 5'3", 158lbs (as of today...ugh), 45 yo female diabetic type II. I am walking on my Gazelle a minimum of 30 minutes a day three times a week. Help! Any ideas, suggestions, name of a doctor who can wire my jaw shut?

Replies

• marshamccorkle
    Options
    Have you been to a nutritionist...mine saved my life. I am type 2 and she figured everything for me. I plugged the numbers in here and pick and choose foods that meet those set requirements. I do not add the calories back that I walked off. Good luck...fiber one helps fill me up. I add it to my first morning water. And I eat a fiber one bar for my evening snack.

I just graduated in May. Congrats on your achievement.

I wish you much success!
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Are you setting aggressive target on weight loss? You may want to choose 1/2 pound a week. With added exercise and intensity, you may feel more hungry at the beginning, need time to adjust, but don't starve yourself, take down what you eat slowly. Eg, I cut my rice out at night, when I started out. And now I usually dont feel that hungry at night unless I exercise in the night.

Good luck and congrats on your achievement.
  • escobar80103
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I'll try your suggestions. I have found that if I have that glass of wine in the evening I eat way more than I should. Someone else on here mention that they only have one drink a week and that helps them loose weight.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A glass of red wine has 177 calories, yet, it doesn't make you feel full, in fact you need cheese, meat to go with red wine. Yes, certainly good idea to keep the number of glasses of of wine down.