PHASE 3 WORKOUTS 9 & 10

Options

Replies

• adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I survived! Once again...the boat pose. Into hollow man WTF Jillian? Haha. I just keep tipping over! I feel so stupid. But I think I did OK with most stuff, took a few tries on some to finally figure it out. Push up jacks? Squat jacks? Hard, challenging stuff! Easiest part was Kenta's move. Oh, and....Natalie got in trouble! Lol

One thing that surprised me. Crabs with the weight in the lap? No problem! All these arm workouts must really be working, because I was completely surprised that I could do it. I remember being so afraid earlier in phase 1 when I heard she added weights later on...OK I'll shut up.

On to 10 tomorrow! We can do it!

The weights kept falling off my lap... felt bad because I was working out in the early morning and I'm sure the downstairs neighbors did not appreciate the "THUMP... THUMP.... THUMP!" every time a weigh rolled off.
  • adamb83
    Options
    Ok, so workout #10 wasn't nearly as bad as I was anticipating...hard for sure, but not as impossible as #9. Maybe I just have significantly stronger legs than I do chest/triceps? I feel invigorated doing the back/bicep/hamstring workouts, but man do I hate the front of the body ones. My first time with cardio #3 is tomorrow--I really, really hope I don't feel like throwing up. :-)

I always have a harder time with the odd # workouts than the evens
  • lchapoton
    lchapoton Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I just did workout 7 yesterday and thought the plank work was...challenging. I can't imagine what 9 must be like.
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Workout 9 was so tough for me too :(
    I'm hoping when I do it today I can do a little better.
    Cardio 3 is INSANE but I enjoyed it :D
  • Missy5792
    Missy5792 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I finished workout 9 yesterday for the first time and workout 10 today and I HATE them! Workout 10 is a little bit better but ugh, I can't imagine doing these for the next 2 weeks. I know I'm going to see killer results doing these 2 workouts but they suck! lol
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm not crazy about 9 & 10 either. plus I've got an angry butt muscle LOL so all the lunges and stuff were not fun this morning. I modified what I could though! :) looking forward to 11 & 12 and finishing!
  • FitBrunette
    FitBrunette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was HURTING after workout 9 the next morning. I don't know if I did the moves wrong or if I strained my neck too much but I could barely turn my neck the next day. All the plank moves... ay yai yai. Workout 10 I LOVE. I dread Cardio 3 but it's doable.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I finished workout 9 yesterday for the first time and workout 10 today and I HATE them! Workout 10 is a little bit better but ugh, I can't imagine doing these for the next 2 weeks. I know I'm going to see killer results doing these 2 workouts but they suck! lol
    I agree workout 10 is much easier than workout 9, I was actually swearing the whole workout :) I thought I was gonna die :ohwell: Did workout 10 still very challenging, but I did the best I could. Not looking forward to cardio 3 tomorrow, I heard it's super hard.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I was HURTING after workout 9 the next morning. I don't know if I did the moves wrong or if I strained my neck too much but I could barely turn my neck the next day. All the plank moves... ay yai yai. Workout 10 I LOVE. I dread Cardio 3 but it's doable.

My neck muscles were killing me too!! thought I was stressed out LOL took a few days for those muscles to calm down too... I prefer cardio 2 to 1 and 3. I think 1 is worse than 3!
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    I did workout 9 for the first time today and while it was a challenge, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I certainly have room for improvement and need to work on my form with Dive bombers but the only modification were the plank crunches where I rested on my elbow. Looking forward to workout 10 tomorrow
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I started this morning....and man it took all of me to get thru this one...I knew this last month was going to be some challenging.....Those jumping jack pushup's....and the Plank series...I know I called to GOD I don't know how many times.....I am going to push though.....didn't come this way to fail.....Let's try to keep it going....
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I did workout 9 for the first time and it was hard. I hurt tonight! I am curious to see what 10 brings tomorrow.
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    Starting Workout 9 today.......kinda skeered:embarassed:

I just previewed workout 9 for next Monday; YIKES! I didn't even know there were such evils like side burpees. And all the yoga is going to kill me. I can't believe she did all those exercises in 30 minutes!
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I struggled through 9 yesterday, off to do 10 today. hopefully I'll be back, lol.
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just watched wo9 as I ll start ie on Saturday ... Why she has to put all the difficult exercises in the first circuit??? She did the same with wo7....
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    workout 10 today and personally found it more challenging than 9!
  • adamb83
    Options
    Yeah... 9 and 10 were killer!

I start 11 & 12 this week. o.O
  • adamb83
    Options
    I did workout 9 for the first time and it was hard. I hurt tonight! I am curious to see what 10 brings tomorrow.

Yep - first time with any of the workouts that I actually was sore the next day.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I did wrk-out 9 yesterday and am off to do 10! Yes I agree 9 is a tough mother but she got these moves from Shawn Tof the Insanity series and Tim Horton of the P90X series! I have done BOTH of them series so yes I could do these moves! My hrm showed 330 cals burned in that 35 minutes! My neck muscles were sore this morning but before I did wrk-out 9 yesterday, I had just painted for 2.5 hours !
    I will post after I get #10 in!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I just did work-out 10 and I believe my @ss will be sore tomorrow!:laugh: :laugh: I like both 9 & 10 but I'd say 9 is harder than 10!