My NRoL book arrived yesterday...

Options
Saelina
Saelina Posts: 129 Member
I'm only a couple chapters in but apparently the entire workout the trainer gave me when I signed up a few weeks ago is exactly what the book says not to do lol Does that mean the last couple weeks was a waste? I thought I was doing good!

I haven't got to the part of the book that outlines the work out yet, but do I just bring it in and tell him to show me how to do the exercises the book recommends?

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm only a couple chapters in but apparently the entire workout the trainer gave me when I signed up a few weeks ago is exactly what the book says not to do lol Does that mean the last couple weeks was a waste? I thought I was doing good!

I haven't got to the part of the book that outlines the work out yet, but do I just bring it in and tell him to show me how to do the exercises the book recommends?

No, definitely not a waste. Different trainers just have different philosophies. If you want to do the NROLFW workouts, then definitely bring it in and show it to him/her. Remember, they work for you! If they arent willing to accomodate, it sounds like they are not the right person for the job!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    With strength training, almost anything will "work," eat least for a little while. But what "works" and what "works best" are two different things.

In my opinion, NROL has a decent beginners program. I'm not a fan of the rest of it.
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    alright so Ill do my routine till i finish the book then schedule an appointment to learn the new exercises.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    With strength training, almost anything will "work," eat least for a little while. But what "works" and what "works best" are two different things.

In my opinion, NROL has a decent beginners program. I'm not a fan of the rest of it.

i am totally new to lifting and liking NROLFW so far (except for my quads being about as useful as giant honey baked hams the day after lifting - i'm assuming this will pass once i'm good and into it) . i'm definitely a beginner, so you think this is a good place to start? what is the "rest of it" that you aren't a fan of? just curious.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    i am totally new to lifting and liking NROLFW so far (except for my quads being about as useful as giant honey baked hams the day after lifting - i'm assuming this will pass once i'm good and into it) . i'm definitely a beginner, so you think this is a good place to start? what is the "rest of it" that you aren't a fan of? just curious.

It deviates too far from the basic compound lifts.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Not a waste at all. Now you have the right tools to improve everything. I just started Phase 1 this week. Today is workout 2 for me! I like it so far.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Do you have to do these exercises in a gym or can you do it at home. I thought about buying the book, but HATE my gym's weight area.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Do you have to do these exercises in a gym or can you do it at home. I thought about buying the book, but HATE my gym's weight area.

You would have to modify quite a bit to do it at home, in my opinion. But if you have dumbells, bars, weights, etc. at home, then you should be fine.