Are you going to do it every day or less?

Options
I read that you are supposed to work out 2 days then take a day off to recuperate. What are you planning to do? If I am super sore tomorrow then I may just take it off and only walk and then go back at it the next day...

Replies

• quruuxley
    quruuxley Posts: 20
    Options
    I think the point of the shred is to work through the soreness....its one month intensive, and as much as we're going to want to stop ( i had to resist pushing pause after the 4th "i need a break!") we gotta push through!

although if youre seriously in pain, not just sore, then id cut back =D
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    I think the point of the shred is to work through the soreness....its one month intensive, and as much as we're going to want to stop ( i had to resist pushing pause after the 4th "i need a break!") we gotta push through!

although if youre seriously in pain, not just sore, then id cut back =D

Oh yeah, I will work through normal soreness but I know the last time I did the 30DS the first day after I could barely MOVE I was soo sore LOL
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's the morning after Day 1 and I am feeling it! Thighs and glutes are aching but I am gonna do it after work today. The way I see it, yes it's painful but for the sake of burning approx 300 cals yesterday, I'm not gonna let that prevent me from exercising today.

I'm obviously using muscles that aren't used to it so I guess if I leave out a day and try it again, they will only hurt again so decided to work through the pain. Going by the philosophy that for each pound of muscle I have, it burns an extra 100 cals just by being there. Earlier I build them up, easier it will be to hit my goal.

It's also weigh-in day for me so if I skip the shred today and get lower results than expected, I'll be mad at myself lol
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I suppose it can't hurt to take days off, I've done the shred twice before this and of course there were days that I skipped. However it's definitely best to do it every day, with one rest day a week. It REALLY helps with the soreness to just push through it every day. Especially the first week, that's when you're going to be the most sore, but I always felt a lot better if I worked through the soreness. Anyway, I'm 24 weeks pregnant and will be modifying the workout (no jumping or ab work) but I plan to do it at least 3 times a week, (I don't want to overdo it) supplementing with a rest day and my elliptical.
  • quruuxley
    quruuxley Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm not sore...I guess I should work harder. My thighs felt it immediately afterwards, but the limping I was hoping for today (signs Im using new muscles) isnt there. lol boooo.

Just going to push harder then. =)
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm going to try to do it everyday because I feel that it will keep me more on track and more motivated I may take a break every once in a while.
  • SaucyPeas
    SaucyPeas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Im doing mine everyday. I actually considered doing it twice a day once in the morning and once in the evening some days.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Almost evey day. There are a few days this month where my schedule is filled from 7am to 11pm, where I know that I probably won't be able to fit it in. But I have resolved that if I have 25 minutes in my house, I'll do it.