3 days of UPPING and down a pound???

Options
Just wanted to share a bit of into (I am "new" here but not to MFP and have posted a few things in the last couple days). I have been eating around 2000cal for the last couple months (after deciding that I needed to up from 1500 due to reading some info online about starvation mode, TDEE, etc.) but then recently came across this group and decided to do the total metabolism reset. Last week when I weighed myself I almost cried my eyes out when I saw 154 on the scale (I had gotten down to 147 last summer after losing 70 pounds on 1500cal a day),,,,my weight has been fluctuating from 147-153 for an entire year and I'm STRUGGLING to get the last 10 off (goal weight is 135/140. Anyway, Monday morning I decided to go all in and up my cals to 2500 and do the total metabolism reset (TDEE is approximately 2500) and today I weighed myself and the scale says 152.8!!!! That's down from 154 last week! Now granted, i KNOW that it's most definitely probably all water weight BUT I wanted this to hopefully serve as some encouragement to those of you afraid that you'll just instantly pack on the pounds if you up your calories! I've consumed 1500 MORE calories in the last 3 days than I normally would (went from 2000 to 2500 starting monday) and I'm DOWN 1.2 pounds! Gives me hope that this may actually work! ;)

Replies

• Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    congrats! :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    It will definitely work!!

YOu might still see some ups and downs but it's all due to water.
  • hoosmi
    hoosmi Posts: 18
    Options
    Well, that was perfect timing for me to read! We have basically the same numbers (starting weight, goal weight) and I've been eating close to 2000 calories over the last 3 weeks (a little more than TDEE less 15%). I gained a little at first, but then dropped back down to about my starting weight. I've been thinking I may need to up my calories and do a reset....

I'm going on a road trip with my mom and two of my kids tomorrow. My mom and I get along well, but her idea of lunch is the four of us sharing a 12 inch sub. :wink: I haven't told her about the EM2WL idea- I'll be thinking of all of you as I try to ignore her well-intended attempts to make me cut back!

Thanks for sharing!