How long til you see differences?

Options
shrednyc85
shrednyc85 Posts: 46 Member
Like many here, I don't have *too* much weight to lose, somewhere between 5-7 lbs.

That said, I am wondering how long it will take me to see differences. I am on day 9 of the 30 day shred, also eating under 1500 calories per day, and while I DEFINITELY feel fitter and have much more energy, I don't know that I see that much difference YET.

I just dont want to lose motivation even though I know logically 5 lbs are going to come off a person a lot slower than a person who has, e.g., 150 pounds to lose.

Thoughts?

Replies

• jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    For me and alot of other people, it can take your brain awhile to adjust and see the difference. It is a mental barrier; your brain gets used to you being a certain size and doesn't recognize the changes for a long time.

For me it was a couple months.The first thing I noticed when I started losing was the scale dropping, and then my clothes weren't fitting, then other people started noticing, and THEN I started noticing. Also looking at old pictures of yourself helps.

Good luck! Trust the scale to a certain extent. Also taking measurements with tape helps. Hang in there, because it IS happening.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have been told that it wouldn't be noticable until I lose 10 pounds. Well, that isn't going to work for you....you don't have that much to lose. But, look at what you typed: you are feeling better and have much more energy. So, I would say that there is a difference. You are getting healthier.
  • deedlit90
    deedlit90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements of yourself? I am on Day 8 of 30 day shred and I have lost 1 inch from my hips, but only 1lb on the scale. Last time I did 30DS I lost very little weight but was nicely surprised by the inches I lost!
  • andreabrightside
    Options
    Take measurements and before/after pictures. Every two weeks, redo the measurements/pictures (try to get same light and clothing if possible). That way you'll be able to qualify the difference. You see your body every day, so if you're shrinking by micrometers then you won't notice the difference. Also, the fat could be coming off parts of your body that you can't see (your back) or parts that no one can see (around your organs).