Fatkini Movement...what do you think??

Options
soosweet1920
soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
What do you all think about this? I mean some of them I do not agree with but I do think some of the ladies did this in a vary tasteful way. I am not saying I would do it but I will say that I applaud them for going for it. This doesn't not in any way make me not want to continue my weight loss journey. I have a personal goal of being out of the 200s and I will do it it! I will never be a size 6 but I do need to be comfortable in the skin I am in!!

http://www.xojane.com/fun/gallery/fatkini

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Really happy about. I actually have been reading Gabi's blog for about 2 years now. Forgot how I found it, but I was really excited because she had lots of cute clothes and was my size/body shape. So when she posted her bikini pic, I thought that is a super cute bathing suit. I should really try a bikini.

I am fine with getting a swimsuit, but not showing off my tummy. I have had a few tankinis in the past that were OK, but in reality they fit me poorly in the bust. When I finally got a bra-sized one piece I felt like I was in bathing suit heaven. (This was the suit I got 2 years ago). I was at a beach wedding in Hawaii, and everyone told me "OMG that is suck a cute and flattering bathing suit, where did you get it, you look great!"

I am an ardent supporter of appreciating the skin you are in and wearing what you want. I also notice with all of the new "fat acceptance movements etc" that a lot more women who are larger are way more comfortable wearing the so called "don'ts" for plus size women.

One of my aunts has always been larger. At her smallest that I can recall, she was around a size 16 or so. For her adult life she has been bigger. She has never been very stylish at all. One day we were talking about "plus sized clothes," (My sister, and 2 cousins my age group on that side of the family are all hovering in the size 16-22 range) and she noticed that the younger women are showing off a lot more these days. Cleavage, tight clothing, midriff tops, short skirts, the whole nine yards.

For me, I like being "on trend" and classic, so these new fashion forwardness is great! It gives (gave me) a lot more options. It took me way too long to find skinny jeans that were actually skinny at size 18-20. And I was always on a mission for a knee length pencil skirt that was an actual pencil skirt, and not a straight skirt that was mislabeled as a pencil skirt.

It really doesn't mater what size you are, you should be able to wear what you want, as long as it is appropriate.

Some of the women in the collage were wearing things that I don't have the confidence to wear, but the whole time I was cheering them on (and wondering where I could get some of the suits and the confidence to wear one.)

In fact one of my goals now is to wear a retro high-waisted bikini. I don't know if it will be this summer (swimming occasions are rare for me, so I don't want to buy a suit that I wear once or twice this summer and then outgrow once I hit my goal, supportive swimsuits are expensive!), but definitely next. Wearing a bikini wasn't even on my radar as a goal before.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I think the women look GREAT!! If they have the confidence to wear bikini's then they should. Honestly, when I'm at the beach or pool I'm too busy worrying about how I look to have time to focus on anyone else.
  • shellbee823
    shellbee823 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful and that swimsuit looks amazing! Kudos to her for having the confidence to rock that!