Hi and all that. Here!

Options
phodujour
phodujour Posts: 11 Member
Hey everyone,

I'm Phoebe. I'm a Jew(ish) Atheist lesbian calorie counting pro. I'm also a senior at Temple University and I'm going to lose 60 pounds to get to my goal weight.

My girlfriend and I started our new active lifestyle a few months ago, and now that we've figured out our strengths, we work as a great team. I'm the calorie counter- I keep track of what we eat and when and how much, and she's our exercise guru, and plans out our weekly work-out schedule.

We've been reading Eric Harr's The Portable Personal Trainer for really (really) great training tips and motivation. Highly recommended!

Happy fitnessing!

Replies

• RayofSunshine73
    RayofSunshine73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

I'm Marcia and I'm about halfway through my goal of losing 60 pounds. I've stalled a bit. Expat living in Sweden for the past 17 years.
  • raritypancake
    Options
    Hi my name is Amanda. I just about died laughing at this group name and knew I had to join immediately. Epic!
    I'm halfway through losing 15 lbs.
  • Andromeda173
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Shelby and I'm trying to get to the lower end of a healthy BMI and tone up!
    Basically, the "last ten pounds" stage. :P
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm Morgan. Just trying to tone up. Med school made me too lazy.
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone :-) The group name is awesome so I just had to join. I'm a triathlete and weight loss needs to be a part of my training plan.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Hi there. My name is Sean and I am an aspie living in Pittsburgh, PA. I have already lost ~120 or so lbs and am only about 15 or so lbs away from my goal (but realistically speaking I'm not attaching a number to it).

I had unhealthy eating habits my whole life but as a kid and young teen I was active enough from swimming and bicycling to keep it from affecting my body. But puberty's metabolic changes combine with no longer doing those activities let me blow up. I was never motivated enough to try to lose the weight until in 2008 I bought a motorcycle and my weight made the bike too top heavy to be able to master the low speed manuevering techniques they make you practice in the license exam training course (basic U-turns, etc). So I found the motivation I needed through my newly acquired motorcycle hobby to finally drop the pounds and here I am. =)
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Greetings Atheists! I find Atheists to be funny, compassionate, and interesting. I'm an "I have no idea what is beyond the life we physically see" person -- not really ruling anything out, except that the bible (or any 'holy' text really) doesn't hold any relevance for me. Churches can be a way to get involved in local community and can do nice things but I don't feel comfortable there. I prefer other community organizations. I am really enjoying this site and like that I can learn and develop my own path to fitness.
  • babydollcheshire
    Options
    Hello from Phoenix, AZ!! I LOVE the name of this group! I'm new to MFP, and so far I'm loving it. My goal is to lose 60 lbs. I recently joined a gym and they did a fitness evaluation on me and although I'm only 33 years old, my 'real' age is 57!!! That was motivation. So now I train with a trainer 2 x a week, and go to Zumba or kick box classes 5 days a week. Good luck fellow Athiests!!!

Erica
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • shelly0013
    shelly0013 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi everybody, I wanted a new site to join and this looks like the one. I want to lose about 20 more pounds and keep it off for life. Love the name of this group
  • Nielasan
    Nielasan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yo, yo, yo. I consider myself a PASTAFARI and I love others with open minds. I've been trying to get fit for a long time and I've finally figured out how to combine all the weight loss and training advice I've collected into a great sustainable plan. I'm really passionate about radical social politics and environmentalism so I love the added benefit of reducing my meat and processed food intake as I get healthier and happier. I love the comraderie of this site and I think its a real blessing lol. Let's do this!
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    Hello everyone! I saw this group too and about choked on my water! My name is Quana and I live in Phoenix too. I started MFP at 219 lbs and I'm currently sitting at 195 lbs. My ultimate goal is to be between 135-145 lbs. I'm glad you're all trying to do this for a healthier you!
  • mmurelli
    mmurelli Posts: 26
    Options
    hi i'm mike from denver. when i saw the name of this group i had to join. i started this journey weighing 255, i'm down to 237 and want to get down to 175-185. it's time to unite fellow atheists!
  • babydollcheshire
    Options
    Hey, a fellow desert rat! Seems like we have similar goals. I want to get to 135 lbs... I've been working out like crazy and have managed to only lose 1.2 lbs in a month... needless to say I was disappointed... but I'm still trucking along :)
  • _onYxx_
    _onYxx_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, folks! Great idea for a group. I've been on the fitness and nutrition road for a while, long enough to also have taken a few detours now and then. Currently doing P90X with the goal to lower my body fat percentage and hold on to as much lean mass as possible. I'm halfway through the 90 days and I am seeing some good results already.

All hail the FSM and his Noodely Appendages!
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Vicki. I don't know if I'd call myself an Atheists since I don't want to be killed (I live in the Bible Belt). I also want to believe there's something bigger out there but it sort of feels like believing in Santa. Anyway, I've lost about 11 lbs since January of 2012 and want to lose about 10 more lbs.
  • JessFMurray
    JessFMurray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi There!!

Oh, I LOVE the name of this group!! I'm Jessica & I have to confess I am from Canada, and not America, but I'm sure you guys are cool with that!! Us Future Skinny Athiests need to stick together!! The photo for this group is HILARIOUS!! I used to have a FSM emblem on my old car, but forgot to remove it when I sold it :( . Now I have an Evolve Fish!!

I need to lose around 20 - 25 pounds. I do a lot of hiking and the excess fat I'm carrying around isn't so kind to my knees. I also just turned 40 and want to set myself for a healthy second half of life!!!

I am following South Beach diet & have been successful so far, 7 lbs!!!... but still have a ways to go.

I Look forward to some interesting discussions!!!

Jessica
  • StephD1185
    StephD1185 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I don't think that I would say I am a true atheist... but I think everyone should believe in what they want without judgement, so I tend to avoid organized religion. I have been on MFP for a few months now and it is great! I am currently at 248 and would love to weigh around 150-160 lbs! I just finished week 5 on a couch to 5k program!

Please add me. I love having friends to encourage and get words of advice from.
  • SAAM08
    SAAM08 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I too read the group name and had to join! I'm from the Phoenix area and I have quite a bit of weight to lose. I'm 228 pounds (weighed in today) and I would like to start by getting under 200 pounds. Ultimate goal weight would be somewhere around 150.

I'm new mfp and I've only been using the site for about a week. Anyway...glad to be here!
  • adamsurpren
    Options
    Hi all...saw the picture (which I have a bumper sticker for on my car) and joined immediately. Love the group. Anyone here feel free to add, as atheists, you are all my friends at heart. Good luck to you all on your weigh loss journeys!