Today was my day of W5D3.....

Options
strawberrygashes
strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
And I DID IT!!

I was nervous, but I got up at 5:30am and just went out and went for it. I did find it difficult though, about half way through my breathing became rapid, so I told myself to relax my body a bit and try to focus on tightening my core (seems to help me) I got my breathing back under control and finished it. I added on an extra 30 seconds just because I wanted to go over the 20 mins lol

I'm happy I did it and managed it (even if I didn't find it a walk in the park)... It did cross my mind if I had still succeeded seen as I didn't find it easy peasy. My partner told me not to be stupid, and that I did succeed because I did it without stopping. There is also the factor that where I run is very hilly, and I have to push myself up some of those hills. I dont really have any long stretches of flat terrain. So I guess I did do good.

Before moving onto week 6, I go for a 'free run' without the app and see how I do. Sometimes I feel less pressure when I see it as a 'free run', and like to do that before moving on.

To those coming upto W5D3, I guarantee you, the only thing that is held against you is your mind!! If you get to a point where it seems difficult, tell yourself 'I've come this far, why would I want to stop now?'... That's what kept me going :)

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Nice job!! I knew you could do it!! W5D3 is a huge milestone. You should be really proud!
  • spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was right there with ya this morning, W5D3 for me too. And I did it! There's no feeling to describe how awesome it is to finish....plus I had absolute knowledge that I could've gone further.

Way to go!!!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! I just started yesterday, so running for 20 minutes straight definately seems daunting right now. This motivates me to keep moving! Great job!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude! Really well done.
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Great job! :bigsmile:
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done. Now I'm all inspired I think I'll tie my sneakers on and go do w1d3 again.
  • Devolucien
    Devolucien Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm just starting C25K again for the umpteenth time but I have a 5k coming up in July so I've got to do it this time!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks for the kind words everyone :-) It isn't the easiest thing, but it's so rewarding :-)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm just starting C25K again for the umpteenth time but I have a 5k coming up in July so I've got to do it this time!

** Cheering you on! ***
  • kssnyd65
    kssnyd65 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on W5D3, I did it this morning also and was really worried about going 20 minutes. I found that the first 10 was worse than the last 10! It was not easy, but what a feeling :) Keep up the good work!
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    Great job! My W5D3 would normally be this Friday but since I have to bring my daughter to a doctor's appointment 4 hours away, I think that I'm going to have to delay it until Saturday or Sunday. Why does life have to get in the way???? I really don't want to put this one off because I DO want to put it off!!!! I just did W5D1 today so I can't do it before Friday unless I skip D2 or skip a rest day. Dilemmas!!!!