Marathon Training Mode

Options
2»

Replies

• B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm another one that is pretty much always in training mode. Next up is the Cape Cod marathon in October. Keeping the long runs in the 15 mile range makes it easier to ramp up when you actually decide on which one to do next. Helps to have training partners with similar approaches.

I am doing the Cape Cod marathon in Falmouth too! It will be my first marathon. Ran the 1/2 there last year.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start training for my first, which will be the Grand Rapids Marathon in Michigan in October. I've only been running for 2 years but I think I'm ready to try this and knock it off my bucket list. I've done 2 half marathons and a 25k and I'm also finishing up round one of P90X so I'm hoping to keep up with some strength training while ramping up the running here in a couple weeks. Planning to do another training plan from Runner's World Smartcoach as they have served me well on all my other races. Just hoping to finish, hopefully under 4:30 and not be completely dead for a week afterward!!!!