New to website

Options
Joanne_8595
Joanne_8595 Posts: 64 Member
Hi! I'm 47 years old and over the last two years have lost 45 lbs. I am currently 193 lbs, and lost 20 lbs over the last two months. I am actually working on a new way of eating for the rest of my life, rather than trying to drop pounds in a hurry. I make some sacrifices of course, but mostly I am working on finding things that I can live without and things that I can't. I try to make sure I keep my protein levels up, and my veggie count up. I actually lost weight the first 1 1/2 by simply dropping half and half from my coffee, and then dropped several things that I ate every day but decided I really didn't need. It really surprised me when I lost 25 lbs over that time, and got me started on researching bmr and what happens if you aren't feeding your body enough to maintain you. It's no wonder those 1200 calorie diets gave me no energy, headaches, and just made me feel lousy, plus they never worked and I felt like I was starving! I am a firm believer in splitting calories up during the day and that if your body is saying, "FEED ME" it really does mean it, but it doesn't mean stuff myself with a bazillion calories. Start with 100 and go up if it doesn't help within a half hour seems to work real well for me. The bmr etc is a little new to me, so I'm bound to make mistakes with following it.

I joined this group to meet people, since there really isn't a local support system in my area. I just need a place where I can get to know people and talk things through if I have questions or issues. This seemed like a good group to start with.

Replies

• lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think you will like this website. There are so many inspirational stories and support. Its better than a Weight Watchers meeting !!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!
  • escobar80103
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on all your hard work do far:keep it up!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome :happy:
  • Leimaro
    Leimaro Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    What a nice story. I was on WW online for a while. I like this site better; it works for me. you will get a lot of support here.
  • Joanne_8595
    Options
    Thanks! I am looking forward to participating. Hoping to get to know some of you better as time goes by.

I will probably only use the diary when I am having problems figuring something out, since I track it elsewhere. I tend towards 3 meals, 3 snacks, and drink about 50 oz of water a day, plus coffee. I split my calories to about 300 a meal and 200 a snack, but mostly I try to keep my calories under the adjusted amounts found on http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ using all my info and a 20% calorie reduction. I also adjust for any exercise I do. (I found this website through another posting on this site, so if there is a better one let me know!)

My biggest frustration/joy: watching my husband lose weight so quickly! Ok, don't get me wrong here, I love him, but man he thinks of eating healthier and immediately starts losing quickly.
  • Joanne_8595
    Options
    Would it be ok to add some of you as friends? I am noticing that seems to be what most people do. :smile:
  • escobar80103
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! :flowerforyou: