Anyone want to give me some feedback?

Options
knowak82
knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
So, I posted this on my newsfeed, but thought I'd stick it here, just to see if I can get some feedback from my wonderful EM2WL family...:bigsmile:

"Was actually really surprised this morning when I stepped on the scale for my weekly weigh-in after a REALLY high sodium day on top of TOM coming for a visit yesterday. I stayed EXACTLY the same weight from last week, LOL. I had prepared myself to see a gain because I knew it was probably going to happen, but was pleasantly surprised to see no movement on the scale. Is that weird? Haha ;) I wonder once TOM has left me if the scale will actually go down or not. I think once TOM has passed, I will re-evaluate and think about bumping up to my maintenance cals for a reset (or a mini-reset?), since it appears that over the last few weeks I have been "maintaining" my weight. I think my body has mistaken my "cut" value for my full TDEE since I never technically did a full reset...hmmmm...thoughts?"

I have been eating at my full "cut" value since May 2nd, so a full 6 weeks, and have lost about 1.2 pounds since I started (that full loss coming with my weigh in last week-week 5)...

Thanks in advance for any feedback or thoughts you might have on my situation! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Well, after TOM has passed, maybe 2 days after if you weight yourself, see if the weight changes. That is a good sign if your body didnt gain during TOM and high sodium :)

Also how are your measurements looking?

Mike
  • knowak82
    Options
    Well, after TOM has passed, maybe 2 days after if you weight yourself, see if the weight changes. That is a good sign if your body didnt gain during TOM and high sodium :)

Also how are your measurements looking?

Mike

Was supposed to take my measurements today with my weigh in, but didn't due to the extenuating (sp?) factors mentioned before. It's been 2 weeks since I took measurements, soooo...

I totally suck at taking measurements, anyway, LOL :grumble: My clothes aren't really fitting any different at this point than they were a few weeks ago, so that's why I keep thinking my body thinks my "cut" is my TDEE...

Thanks, Mike, for chiming in...any other input is greatly appreciated! :bigsmile:

Kristin
  • techmom29
    techmom29 Posts: 103
    Options
    I was doing my cut for 10 weeks. During the first 6 I lost inches, then nothing. I went to tdee two weeks ago because I was thinking as you are now...my body thinks this cut is my new norm. I wasn't willing to cut anymore, so I went up. HTH.
  • knowak82
    Options
    I was doing my cut for 10 weeks. During the first 6 I lost inches, then nothing. I went to tdee two weeks ago because I was thinking as you are now...my body thinks this cut is my new norm. I wasn't willing to cut anymore, so I went up. HTH.

How have you been doing these last few weeks eating at full TDEE??? Gained??? Stayed the same???
  • techmom29
    techmom29 Posts: 103
    Options

How have you been doing these last few weeks eating at full TDEE??? Gained??? Stayed the same???
    Stayed the same...gonna give it two more weeks and evaluate.
  • knowak82
    Options
    I think I'll stay at cut for two more weeks-give myself time for any TOM water weight to go away-and then go up to TDEE for a few weeks and see how it goes...
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Stayed the same...gonna give it two more weeks and evaluate.

You rock TechMom...that was the right call right there. When you cut and cut and cut...the vicious cycle begins. I had kind of stalled out a bit myself and went up to tdee because I hadn't taken a diet break. When I learned about all this stuff it was from the "cut" perspective...Kiki introduced the "reset" perspective...but really it is a cycle that you must go through so the body never resets....so from what I am reading, a reset to start, a small cut for 12 wks, and back to TDEE for a week...repeat...
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I read an article yesterday that suggested eating TDEE for one week every 12 weeks. It also suggested that if you didn't lose for 2-3 weeks at a 15% cut, add another 10% to the cut. Not sure I stated that correctly - math is hard. Basically you would end up moving to a 16.5% cut. The author also pointed out that a 15% cut, though preferable to fat loss, is very small and doesn't allow for any calorie miscalculations.

On a side note, as a VERY general rule, the author said that TDEE is often equal to weight x 14. In my case, I know my actual TDEE is 2500. By his formula, it came out to 2324. Pretty close I'd say. His recommended cut formula is weight x 12. Mine is 1992. Again, really close to my 15% cut. I was surprised how close these general formulas are considering I :laugh: cardio crazy.
  • knowak82
    Options
    Just thought I'd update my post from 2 weeks ago...

Since my post my TOM has passed (exactly one week ago today), and I am down 3.4 lbs and 1/2in in my waist from that date :drinker:

Weird thing is, last week I actually decreased my exercise--not really the frequency, but the intensity--did nothing but yoga ALL week, and have actually seen the best results since starting to eat more (I started eating more on May 2nd, so exactly 8 weeks ago)! Does this mean that my activity level might be too low (like, because I did less strenuous activity the last week than I normally do I was actually in the right activity level, but when I start back up with my normal routine it will be too low)? I currently have my activity level set to 1-3 hours light based on the Scooby website. I don't exercise much more than 30-45 minutes 4-5 times a week, and my highest burns are around 250 calories, and I probably only hit that 1-2 days a week.

I will be going up to TDEE based on my current activity level starting next week, and will stay there for at least the next 2 weeks...I figured next week was as good a time as any since the 4th is coming up (lots of cookouts, etc. to come!) and that weekend we head out on vacation :glasses:

Just wanted to update my thread in case any one was curious! I know there are plenty of people who have their doubts about the process initially, and I just want to say that I love eating more to weigh less--this is the happiest I have been with my body since before I had children over 4 years ago, and I feel great! I finally feel like I can do this for the rest of my life and keep improving my body and my health along the way! :heart:

I've lost 4.3 lbs since starting EM2WL 8 weeks ago. Had an initial gain of .4 lbs, then pretty much maintained through TOM, and dropped to where I am today. I've also lost an inch off of my waist, and 1/2 an inch off of my hips. I've dropped over a full pant size (from a 12 to a loose fitting 10), and my tops now fit so much better than they did 8 weeks ago!

I have nothing but good things to say about eating more to weigh less! Now, I'm off to go and have my breakfast... :drinker:
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i am getting A LOT out of this thread right here. freaking myself over to start eating MORE than MORE from BEFORE LOL
  • knowak82
    Options
    i am getting A LOT out of this thread right here. freaking myself over to start eating MORE than MORE from BEFORE LOL

I'm pretty laid back about the whole thing, surprisingly enough...LOL!!! Maybe it has to do with getting to eat more food! :love:

The whole process just makes sense to me, and I always think to myself, "slow and steady wins the race". I'm at a really good place right now. No stress about food, no "have to eat this OR that", just living life, and enjoying it! I have so many other stressors in my life, that it is so empowering that food is not one of them anymore. :blushing:
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I read an article yesterday that suggested eating TDEE for one week every 12 weeks. It also suggested that if you didn't lose for 2-3 weeks at a 15% cut, add another 10% to the cut. Not sure I stated that correctly - math is hard. Basically you would end up moving to a 16.5% cut. The author also pointed out that a 15% cut, though preferable to fat loss, is very small and doesn't allow for any calorie miscalculations.

On a side note, as a VERY general rule, the author said that TDEE is often equal to weight x 14. In my case, I know my actual TDEE is 2500. By his formula, it came out to 2324. Pretty close I'd say. His recommended cut formula is weight x 12. Mine is 1992. Again, really close to my 15% cut. I was surprised how close these general formulas are considering I :laugh: cardio crazy.

Do you remeber where you found this article? It sounds interesting and I would like to read it.