Is it okay for my largest meal to be at dinner?

Options
irunsf85
irunsf85 Posts: 74 Member
I eat about every two hours but all my meals/snacks before dinner tend to be pretty small. Ever since I was young, my main meal has always been at dinner time. It was the time where the whole family sat down together and just hashed out our day with each other.

Right now, about half of my day's calories are at dinner time. They are in the 700-800 range when my other meals during the day are 200-300 and snacks are about 100-200. You can look at my food diary. I'm wondering if this is okay to eat so much during the evening. Previously, when I used to binge, it always happened in the evening. I find that eating these large dinners help curb the binges.

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    For me, I dont see why not. I usually eat a larger meal for dinner as well.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Generally - fasted training aside - It doesn't matter when you eat, so much as what you eat.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My largest meal is always dinner. The bulk of my calories I eat from 7pm-11pm.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I tried making lunch my biggest meal but that was crazy. If you think about it if you eat dinner at 6pm you wake at 7 am. That is 13 hours you go without fuel. So dinner should be the biggest in my opinion. (for what my opinion is worth)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you are done eating by 7 is good but you will just need to test it out to see
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    on most days, i try to eat most my calories during the day and have a smaller dinner...only reason being, i sleep better when i'm not as full.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you are done eating by 7 is good but you will just need to test it out to see
    ?It doesn't matter how late you eat as long as you're within your daily goal. ;-)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    ?It doesn't matter how late you eat as long as you're within your daily goal. ;-)

I agree with graysmom :)

Supper is always my largest meal.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I do the same as you guys also eat a larger dinner. I am losing weight. I would think it would be okay
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I also think it does not really matter

As for me I don't like to eat too late, cause I don't sleep very well when I eat a lot at night.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yes if that's works for you! Just make sure you get all your calories in. Now FOR ME I am more active and hungry during the day so most of my calories are eaten then. Also eating more earlier insures I get every last calorie I need and I am not struggling later that night to get them in. DO YOU!
  • irunsf85
    irunsf85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Now I don't feel so stressed about eating such large meals at night and worried about it going all to my waist!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I eat about every two hours but all my meals/snacks before dinner tend to be pretty small. Ever since I was young, my main meal has always been at dinner time. It was the time where the whole family sat down together and just hashed out our day with each other.

Right now, about half of my day's calories are at dinner time. They are in the 700-800 range when my other meals during the day are 200-300 and snacks are about 100-200. You can look at my food diary. I'm wondering if this is okay to eat so much during the evening. Previously, when I used to binge, it always happened in the evening. I find that eating these large dinners help curb the binges.

It doesn't matter what time your largest meal is just as long as you eat. For me I like to make sure I eat at least 2 hours before i go to bed due to sometimes I get acid reflux if I lay down to early!!
  • Sid422
    Sid422 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good to hear it's probably OK since you are all still losing. My largest calorie meal is dinner too but trying to spread out the other calories more evenly during the day. :::sigh::: sometimes a challenge. By the time I get home from work, take our walk and then dinner it's already 6 or later. I just want the scale to start moving!!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I know there are those who would disagree, but I find it works for me to save my calories so I can enjoy my biggest meal with my family at dinner time. Also, I ALWAYS save calories for a good snack before bed. Its my down time with my hubby and its like our ritual together. So far it hasnt affected things too much for me.