Hello!

Options
crhaws
crhaws Posts: 19 Member
Hi! I'm Colleen - I'm 42 with a 2 year old. Glad to see this group!! So few people are in this boat it seems like!

Replies

• jenfuss
    jenfuss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jennifer. I'm 43 with a three-year-old daughter. I lost 40 pounds last year but gained 25 of it back. Trying to get back on the wagon. I'm so glad to find this group because I think our situation is unique -- being an older mom, I feel a lot of pressure to lose weight and be more active so I can live a long, healthy life for my daughter's sake.
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...I am 45 and have a 15 month old. Not a first time Mom over 40 as I have an 8 year old as well. But there is such a gap in the ages it seems like I am starting over. We are a lucky select group. ;) It aggregates me that all the Moms in their 20s are back in fighting shape within 6 months of giving birth. My metabolism is way messed up...I can't lose weight for anything it seems. It is much harder than it was in my mid 30s with DD. Anyhow I am determined. My oldest is in a great summer camp for most of the summer, I am at home with my little one. I will be focusing on eating clean and using my lap pool at least once a day for 45-60 minutes. By the time school starts in August, I hope to be at my half way point. My 10 year anniversary is in October and I hope to be down another 10 lbs for that.

My Mom had me when she was 40 and that was back in the 1960s. 40 Moms rock! Look forward to getting to know you all.
  • washcapfan
    washcapfan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Robin. I will be 43 in August and my one and only child, my son Chance will be 3 in November. He was and is the best surprise I ever could have hoped for in life. I am so glad to find ohters in the same boat as me. I am trying very hard to exercise and eat right but working full time and haveing such a young child does not leave much free time. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Please feel free to friend me!
  • plgshaffer
    Options
    Hello, my name is Patty, I am 42 with a 1 year old but I also have 2 boys, 10 & 11. So it's like it's new all over again! I've always struggled with my weight but with more on my shoulders, support seems to be my problem area. I was hoping that gaining some new efriends would help me push through my struggles and lose weight and make positive and permanent changes! I started My Fitness Pal about 2 weeks ago and so far so good, the first 2 times I just winged it, but this time with help it's going well. I have 64 pounds to lose to be at the top of my "range", so I've got a long way to go. I would love to be a support for anyone who needs it, so if you'd like to be friends, please do so. I live in South Florida and like most of the country it's very hot and with my (our) age, heat is the last thing I want! Ideas for activities for preteens and a baby would be appreciated. Hope everyone does great with their goals, have a great week! :smile: