6 weeks in - i think its working *no jinxies!*

Options
bsinno
bsinno Posts: 358 Member
hearing even small successes has been a huge help & motivator for me so i thought i would share my 'lil progress.

i was on a VLCD for about 4 months before i decided to try em2wl. here is my journey in a nutshell:
weeks 1 & 2- so bloated & panicked over it, but no weight change
week 3 - weight loss of about 2lbs that put me below 150 for the first time in a long time. happy dancing
week 4 - "gained" it back, plus about 2 more lbs. panic dancing
- after that i decided that the SCALE was doing more harm than good. I took some before pics and measurements and then i LITERALLY sent my scale packing to grandmas house.
weeks 5 & 6 - weight ??? ive just been eating my cut, trying my darndest to hit those macros and trying to get it 30 minute of some sort of activity in each day. it doesn't always work out.

Today I took my measurements again (from 2 weeks ago) and im down about a half inch in my waist, and inch in the chest and another half inch in both my arm & thigh. I also noticed that the size 10 slacks i bought a month ago are too big now. I'm relieved some inches (er, half inches) went away - and im certainly NOT saying that i dropped a pant size in 2 weeks - my guess is that is has been gradual but i just couldn't see past the numbers that the scale was showing me.

The next goal i've set for myself is to fit into my wedding dress on my daughters 1st birthday. It had been to be 135lbs (my wedding weight) but ive realized that i have put to much focus on the scale and its time to shift my thinking and preserve my sanity. I have been missing lots of little NSV's because the darn thing told me i wasn't making any progress! Tell that to my size 16 pants that are collecting dust in the attic....

Keep on keepin' on everybody!

Replies

• pmanco2009
    pmanco2009 Posts: 76
    Options
    Gosh! This is so fab to read. I am panic dancing at the moment as I feel and look bloated and overweight... :cry: But hopefully, it will kick in soon. Thanks for the motivation.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!
  • Sid422
    Sid422 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for sharing!
  • Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome to hear :)
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB! I love hearing every little piece of success! It's so motivating! I can't wait to start my cut.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job - keep it up! :)
  • angsellis
    angsellis Posts: 44
    Options
    That's fantastic!
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    Happy to hear that!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this....I love to hear success stories...It is so motivating and shows me that this really works if you stick with it!! Can I ask - Are you doing the Metabolism Reset or eating at CUT???? Just curious...Thanks again for sharing... :)
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Did u reset or cut? Just wondering, I'm pretty stable now but only day 17, think I'll cut at 4 or 6.