Commercially Produced bars?

Options
twinmom01
twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
Does anyone have a source for Primal/Paleo friendly commercially produced bars?

I know Larabars are considered clean for Paleo but I was wondering if anyone knows of any others - preferably that have a decent amount of protien in them.

This morning I realized I forgot to boil eggs last night to grab and go (usually have 2 hard boiled eggs and some turkey sausage for breakfast on the weeks I dont' make a breakfast quiche or meat muffns)

So i went digging in my cupboard because my fridge is pretty bare bones too...I came up with a few larabars and some Perfectly simple Zone bars. I grabbed the Zone bar because it had more protien (10 grams) - but it isn't Paleo friendly (uses soy) - I am going to eat it today cause I am hungry.

I know the bulk of "bars" are higher in carbs and sugars - I don't mind adjusting for the higher in carbs/sugars IF the Protien is higher. I am not looking at bars for weekly use - more so to have 2-3 on hand for days like today, which happens 1-2 x's per month - so if they are a bit on the higher price side I don't mind. I am primal and do fine with dairy so if the protien source is Whey I am fine with that...

So any recomendations?

Replies

• kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    http://www.bdpaleo.com/ - Paleo bars made by people on a Paleo diet

http://www.nogii.com/ - gluten free bars marketed as being Paleo but contain honey
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It's not a bar, but Mark Sisson's company has a Primal Protein Shake. The only thing is, if you buy, you're signing up for a delivery of it every 30 days. Maybe there's a way to only buy one container of it?
  • MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It's not a bar, but Mark Sisson's company has a Primal Protein Shake. The only thing is, if you buy, you're signing up for a delivery of it every 30 days. Maybe there's a way to only buy one container of it?

Missy, you can buy it without auto-ship. It's the same price ($79.00), but auto -ship saves you s&h.
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love the Good Greens+ bars. They're raw, organic, but it's not 100% paleo. It has some non-gmo soy powder and gluten-free oats, as well as non-gmo flax. It's way better than most bars out there, they taste pretty darn good, and they're cheap as heck (which is the main selling point for me, a poor college kid. I can get them for a dollar each when they're on sale, and I buy around 20 when they are.) It's sweented with agave and brown rice syrup (the brown rice syrup is the last ingredient). It has 10 grams of protein and 9 grams of fat from the plant-based omegas and sunflower butter.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if they are 100% paleo approved but Quest bars are really good.
  • PALEOMOM3
    PALEOMOM3 Posts: 9
    Options
    I just purchased the Quest bars "Natural" variety as well. Probably not 100% Paleo, but better than many go-to snacks in a pinch. Bought a handful for an upcoming trip.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    http://www.tankabar.com/cgi-bin/nanf/public/main.cvw

Take a look at these. Very Paleo. They are made from Buffalo and cranberries. Most of their meat is grass fed.