Workouts 7&8

Options
willow3eb
willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
No Yankees on tonight so I think it's prime time to watch what I'm getting into next week, which is workouts 7&8. Should I be scared?

Replies

• gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Watch them and post your thoughts...lol. The first circuit for workout 7 is challenging; I personally love it, but I know I've seen some posts that people are nervous about that one.
  • willow3eb
    Options
    Watch them and post your thoughts...lol. The first circuit for workout 7 is challenging; I personally love it, but I know I've seen some posts that people are nervous about that one.

Ok, just watched 7. Circuit 1 does look like a nightmare, lots of plant and I can tell already that my arms/shoulders are not gonna be happy about it. Its funny that the first move in every odd workout (frontside) is some form of push-up. Its like its her evolution of the push-up. The rest looks good. Star jumps look like a jumping jack on crack. Going for a walk now and then I'll watch 8.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Let me know what you think of circuit 3 in workout 8. The side raises in crescent pose to weighted warrior 3 is a KILLER.
  • willow3eb
    Options
    Let me know what you think of circuit 3 in workout 8. The side raises in crescent pose to weighted warrior 3 is a KILLER.

I was just going to post that! Not looking forward to the crescent into warrior 3. The rest of it looks pretty good though. The bicycles in circuit 4 don't look thrilling, and not psyched that suicides are back. Overall, 8 looks easier than 7. Excited to move on now though, less scared!
  • willow3eb
    Options
    Oh! And I fogot to mention: what the HELL is up with that HORRIBLE see-through "dress" shirt they have on Omar? That thing would be too long on the tall guys, and they stick it on him? So wrong...
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ;)))))
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh! And I fogot to mention: what the HELL is up with that HORRIBLE see-through "dress" shirt they have on Omar? That thing would be too long on the tall guys, and they stick it on him? So wrong...

U made me laught!!!!
  • willow3eb
    Options

U made me laught!!!!

Seriously though, even my husband was like "what the hell is that thing?" lol. :laugh:
  • ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    Ugh.... getting ready to do 7 since it is almost nap time.... not looking forward to it....
  • willow3eb
    Options
    Ugh.... getting ready to do 7 since it is almost nap time.... not looking forward to it....

I'm doing it sometime this afternoon. I am being cautiously optimistic about circuit 1 in 7. If I can get through that, I can get through anything.
  • ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    Getting ready to redo... I made it through circuit 1 and on to 2 but the munchkins woke up.... Oh boy I hope I can make it back through....
  • willow3eb
    Options
    Just finished it for the first time. Not bad, but I could have done better. The first circuit is tougher than I expected, but I muddled through. The Crow Push-ups actually hurt my hip sockets, so I need to watch those. Walking planks were ok, and plank-ups we done on my knees, as were the 1-legged pushups in the 3rd circuit. "W" presses hurt, but I was suprised how stable I was on each leg. Hoping my sunburn is healed before I have to attempt again on Thursday, and I'm really gonna push it then.

Looking forward to 8 tomorrow!
  • willow3eb
    Options
    So 8 wasn't so bad last night. I had an easier time with it than 7, but that seems to be the pattern with all the workouts so far that the "backside" is easier than the "frontside". I had a little bit of trouble with the sufer get-ups in the warm-up, and with the leg presses. There's no way I am doing that w/ the cable right now because I can barely do it with one leg up in the air alone. So overall, so far so good with 7&8 and I hate know that as soon as I get them down I'll be moving on to Phase 3 9&10, AHHH!
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I start 7 and 8 next monday. Phase two so far is kicking my *kitten*. But I like the cardio more I think, easier to push for 30 seconds then switch. Everytime I start a new video I get a little nervous, but love how much of a workout her videos give me!
  • willow3eb
    Options
    I start 7 and 8 next monday. Phase two so far is kicking my *kitten*. But I like the cardio more I think, easier to push for 30 seconds then switch. Everytime I start a new video I get a little nervous, but love how much of a workout her videos give me!

I like phase 2 so much better than 1 so far, but it is a bit tougher, especially 7&8, but still doable! I actually started doing Cardio 2 while in P1 still because I liked it so much better. Beware, suicides come back in 8.
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

I agree about the first circuit! Ugh. ;) Hurts so good!
  • Stardam
    Stardam Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey guys! I recently completed the whole program & I have to say week 7-8 were the weeks I noticed the biggest difference in my abs! So the planks are definitely worth it. Keep it up!
  • Jennifer_lynn85
    Options
    I start 7 & 8 on Monday!! I am so nervous!! You know I've noticed that the second workout of the week is usually more tolerable than the first one, like this week I am on 5 & 6 and 5 is a killer for me, I burn a lot and 6 is easier and I dont burn as much! I am excited for a new set of workouts but nervous because I am headed on Vacation the 29-7th to PA!! Congrats on getting through this week!!
  • willow3eb
    Options
    Just did 7 for the 2nd time last night. Pushed harder than I did on Monday. Planks were a little easier, but Boat and Jackknives were killer. And I actually was doing the 1-legged pushups! I had to cross one leg onto the other, but I was doing them!!! :bigsmile:
  • ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    Yay Willow! Yeah I found 7 a little easier yesterday and totally just bust out 50 more burned calories than last time on 8 :) Sweating like crazy!!!

How are you all doing on loss??