I want to hear your em2wl success stories! =)

Options
Hi! I was hoping to hear some success stories of those who've been on em2wl, no matter how small! All of them are an inspiration, and I find it so motivating to hear about the accomplishments everyone has reached. Please share! =)

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Nothing big to report really. I am on week two of my reset and I am doing 5 weeks of EM2WL altogether.

I think not having gained a lot of weight by jumping from about 1200 to 2400 kcal a day is a success in a way. I don't have much to lose if any, so I am working on repairing my metabolism.

But there are a lot of people on here who actually have been losing weight and inches on their way with EM2WL :)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was hoping to hear some success stories of those who've been on em2wl, no matter how small! All of them are an inspiration, and I find it so motivating to hear about the accomplishments everyone has reached. Please share! =)

I'm glad you worded your post this way~ my successes are NOT about losing weight.

I'm pretty sure I haven't gained TOO much weight in the last 8 weeks and my clothes are fiting the same.

BUT~ I do NOT have the HAIR LOSS that I was experiencing on VLCD; I have MS and fatigue is a BIG part of it and now I have MUCH more energy and have recently started to skip my afternoon "naps" thus being able to "stay awake" for an entire day; I am MUCH stronger and last week did my first "boy push-up" with perfect form and range of motion.

The biggest success is the change in my mental state since starting EM2WL~ my anxiety and obsession about food and that freakin' SCALE are much, much less now and I am so much more calm and peaceful.

I am also motivated enough to start NROL4W tomorrow and was able to complete JMs Body Revolution last week!!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    If youre interested, my success story and kind of the story to how I ended up here is at : http://eatmore2weighless.com/beccas-journey-to-progress-not-perfection/
    Im not at my goal yet, and its constantly a work in progress, but I feel like I have my life back. I can enjoy life with my family instead of feeling like my life is being overrun by food. Im doing the metabolism reset and the scale is up a few pounds, but honestly, I dont really care. I'll be cutting in a few weeks. But honestly, the scale is really losing its hold on me. I'm seeing that muscle mass is much more important in the way I look and my clothes fit. For example, I'm up 5 lbs. since Christmas time, but people who see me want to know what I've been doing. I'm down 2 sizes. Im not gonna say I've put on 5 lbs of muscle or anything, but I think there is some body recomposition stuff going on in my body that wouldnt have been possible on a low calorie diet, no matter what my lifting schedule was like.
    After a lifetime of struggling with various eating disorders, its like a breath of fresh air. I really do feel freed from those demons. Glory to God for Him putting the right people in my life, and using such wonderful people to do so. I love that everyone on here is so positive, encouraging, and hard working to make the right changes in their lives.
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I joined this group after 11 months of eating between bmr and tdee just because it felt right for my body. 1200 net seemed too low, and I wasn't in a hurry, because I didn't want it coming back. I've never tried to lose weight before, just got more miserable as I went up in weight the last 6 years. Eating between bmr and tdee, I lost over 75 lbs in a year, and am still losing about 2 per month eating at 2200 calories. My results are here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/617006-1-yr-results-without-netting-below-bmr

I wad lucky in that I never did a vlcd and did not need a reset, so I didn't have to go through that first stage, which I think is the hardest mentally. But I did gain 15 lbs in 2 weeks time last April so I do get how much it sucks to see the weight come on quickly. But I also lost quite quickly and I never plateaued. Sure I might have one week where it didn't move, but never 2 weeks in a row. I have on the other hand seen my mfp friends hit plateaus left and right and get quite frustrated by it.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6.5 lbs, gained a ton of energy, I'm happier, sleep better and I'm no longer constipated.
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Btw, part of why I stared upping cals was because I was lifting, and I needed more to feel good doing my workout. With lifting, I have some great muscles. At my annual check up 2 weeks ago, my doctor kept stressing that what I have done by working my muscle will be so beneficial when I am older because my bones will be stronger and I will be less likely to have any osteo issues. All because I added weights onto my routine. That was great to hear, since I have a grandma who gets stress fractures all the time from weak bones. The benefits go beyond the present.

When eating vlcd, you don't have the fuel to keep your muscle, so you end up robbing your future health.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I have been at this since November 2010. For the last year I was pretty much at a plateau. At the same time I started strength training so I didn't mind too much, my body was still changing. In order to lose the last few pounds, I tried to do a traditional cut cycle and went from 1500 to 1300 calories. I was horrible, I got sick over and over again, the weight I was lifting came way down and I could barely run without being exhausted. All that for not losing any weight.

I did a 3 weeks reset at 2000 calories then lowered to 1700. The scale is going down, my lifting is going up and my running is getting faster. It work for me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    If youre interested, my success story and kind of the story to how I ended up here is at : http://eatmore2weighless.com/beccas-journey-to-progress-not-perfection/
    Im not at my goal yet, and its constantly a work in progress, but I feel like I have my life back. I can enjoy life with my family instead of feeling like my life is being overrun by food. Im doing the metabolism reset and the scale is up a few pounds, but honestly, I dont really care. I'll be cutting in a few weeks. But honestly, the scale is really losing its hold on me. I'm seeing that muscle mass is much more important in the way I look and my clothes fit. For example, I'm up 5 lbs. since Christmas time, but people who see me want to know what I've been doing. I'm down 2 sizes. Im not gonna say I've put on 5 lbs of muscle or anything, but I think there is some body recomposition stuff going on in my body that wouldnt have been possible on a low calorie diet, no matter what my lifting schedule was like.
    After a lifetime of struggling with various eating disorders, its like a breath of fresh air. I really do feel freed from those demons. Glory to God for Him putting the right people in my life, and using such wonderful people to do so. I love that everyone on here is so positive, encouraging, and hard working to make the right changes in their lives.

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Good morning !!!! Posted mine last week ...but it's also on my blog.

Welcome!!!

Jen

My Blog: This Isn't My First Rodeo
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/harlanJEN
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Jen - the link to your blog didn't work... Would you mind reposting it? Thanks!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Still a huge work in progress here, but I am now eating 1400 calories MORE a day than I did when I first began, and my weight is basically unchanged. I think thats a pretty big accomplishment. I feel better, my hair isnt falling out so badly, I sleep better and I am not so obsessed with eating a little over my daily totals..
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Jen - the link to your blog didn't work... Would you mind reposting it? Thanks!

DONE! Thanks for letting me know : )
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I joined this group after 11 months of eating between bmr and tdee just because it felt right for my body. 1200 net seemed too low, and I wasn't in a hurry, because I didn't want it coming back. I've never tried to lose weight before, just got more miserable as I went up in weight the last 6 years. Eating between bmr and tdee, I lost over 75 lbs in a year, and am still losing about 2 per month eating at 2200 calories. My results are here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/617006-1-yr-results-without-netting-below-bmr

I wad lucky in that I never did a vlcd and did not need a reset, so I didn't have to go through that first stage, which I think is the hardest mentally. But I did gain 15 lbs in 2 weeks time last April so I do get how much it sucks to see the weight come on quickly. But I also lost quite quickly and I never plateaued. Sure I might have one week where it didn't move, but never 2 weeks in a row. I have on the other hand seen my mfp friends hit plateaus left and right and get quite frustrated by it.

I just checked out your thread and your blog and all I can say is AMAZING and Thank you so much for sharing your success with us!!! You are truly an inspiration and reinforcement for me that this works!!! Thank you for that!! :)

ETA: Also, the good things for me so far are that for once in my life my nails are growing and staying long....I guess b/c I was eating so little before I didn't have enough nutrients to help them grow and not be brittle...This is a big thing for me b/c I have always always wanted nice looking hands and now I do...Another thing is that my hair stays in my head way more than before...It's growing faster as well - to me anyways...And my skin seems smoother and softer especially my face...I have that 'youthful' glow sort of...lol These are all good things for me...I haven't gained much either only a pound or so and I have been doing the cut for a month or more and now I am doing the reset and am on my 3rd wk of that so gaining a couple of pounds is -in my eyes- not a bad thing at all...I never thought I would say that gaining was a good thing...lol I am looking forward to seeing my progress as the weeks go by and can't wait to start my cut and start losing FINALLY!!!!

Thank you to everyone who has shared their success stories - No matter how small - it is all so encouraging to us!!!! :happy:
  • csearcher34
    Options
    Wow, reading all of your stories is so inspiring! =) Thanks for sharing! Like autumnk921 said, they really are encouraging. :bigsmile:
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I started EM2WL on May 14th and bumped my calories up from 1,200 to 1,880 a day. (not a full re-set, but a 15% cut based on Scooby calculator) . I had been eating 1200 calories a day and not ever eating back my exercise calories since October 1, 2011...

I have been doing strength training at home (Supreme 90 DVDs) and trying to walk several miles a day @ 4 mph. - just a way to de-stress after work.

Original Starting Weight on Oct 1, 2011 = 210

Starting Weight for EM2WL = 156.6 (May 14, 2012)

Goal Weight = 150.0

First week on EM2WL - no gain, no loss

Second week = 155.4 (1.2 pound loss)

Third week = 155.0 (.4 pound loss) - purchased BodyMedia Fit to see real TDEE

Fourth week = 154.0 ( 1 pound loss) - raised calories to 2,000/day based on new BodyMedia Fit TDEE readings

Fifth week = 153.0 (1 pound loss)

3 more pounds to goal :-)
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I did from January to the end of April the VLC then switched to em2wl & 1650 ( older & sedentary) and have been going strong since then! I am down 29 pounds all together. I have 52 pounds to go and it is about a pound a week so I hope to be at goal in a year.