Options
suziecue66
suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
Its day 17 for me.

Replies

• aasshhll33yy
    Options
    I go on to day 8 tomorrow..
    Wondering if I'm the only one struggling with dizzyness/lightheaded feelings. I'm thinking it's going to be a mind over matter--I was hugely addicted to sweets and breads--just carbs in general, so this is really kicking my butt, but i'm wondering if anyone else has been feeling it, or did in the beginning when they started--sorry I didn't know where else to post! :)
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Wondering if I'm the only one struggling with dizzyness/lightheaded feelings. I'm thinking it's going to be a mind over matter--I was hugely addicted to sweets and breads--just carbs in general, so this is really kicking my butt, but i'm wondering if anyone else has been feeling it, or did in the beginning when they started--sorry I didn't know where else to post! :)

Your electrolytes may be a bit out of wack. Buy some of the salt that is 50% sodium and 50% potassium and sprinkle onto your foods. With low carb you lose a lot of water along with electrolytes.
  • Lesvel
    Lesvel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Had a rough weekend. Planned to have a cheat on Friday night, which wasn't too bad and I didn't get much satisfaction from it...but then it lead to cheating most of the rest of the weekend. Today (Sunday) was the WORST! Cinnamon buns, burger & fries...yuck!

So, if you had a rough weekend like me, let's dust ourselves off and get back in the saddle tomorrow!! I did cheat and feel bad, but I'm sticking to the 17 Days on C1. Sure is better than giving up and going back to all my bad habits.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I had a rough day too. OVERTIRED and it always does me in:sad: However it was very interesting.....because none of the food I ate that was off plan tasted good at all. Has anyone else noticed that those carbs taste weird now?? I started the day well, went for a walk, ate a healthy brekkie, ate a healthy dinner..........and then tried to eat a few carbs and they were awful.....but I kept trying.......and then had to give up......so weird. So yes back on track for sure. I have 3 days left of C1 and I did not do it even remotely perfect........but I am okay with that. I do know that things are definitely changing and that in the long run this will work.....so I continue limping forward........hope everyone else had a better day than I. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    Had a rough weekend. Planned to have a cheat on Friday night, which wasn't too bad and I didn't get much satisfaction from it...but then it lead to cheating most of the rest of the weekend. Today (Sunday) was the WORST! Cinnamon buns, burger & fries...yuck!

So, if you had a rough weekend like me, let's dust ourselves off and get back in the saddle tomorrow!! I did cheat and feel bad, but I'm sticking to the 17 Days on C1. Sure is better than giving up and going back to all my bad habits.

Yes I totall agree with you.......I am sticking to the 17 days too.....no matter how imperfectly I did it......I am still doing it!!! Those carbs are certainly a slippery slope aren't they. AND I made the mistake of measuring myself this morning......nada...not one damn inch....not even a quarter inch:brokenheart: I was sooooo bummed! BUT I am going to continue on anyway.....this time.....I. WILL.NOT.GIVE.UP!! Please do not give up with me. Take gentle care sweetie:flowerforyou:
  • aasshhll33yy
    Options

Your electrolytes may be a bit out of wack. Buy some of the salt that is 50% sodium and 50% potassium and sprinkle onto your foods. With low carb you lose a lot of water along with electrolytes.

Thank - You!!.. I've always with new changes found this--but this time around it's been that much worse--That all makes sense though. lol.. Thanks for the reply--greatly appreciated :)
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I was the same way in the beginning. My first week and a half was rough. A massage really helped and I got through it. Stick with it, and you'll get through it

Thank - You!!.. I've always with new changes found this--but this time around it's been that much worse--That all makes sense though. lol.. Thanks for the reply--greatly appreciated :)
  • abrellenthin
    Options
    What's the general opinion of the PMS exception, everyone?

I don't want to lose steam by adding things back in, but I am SUPER cranky and I cry at the drop of a hat. Should I alter my diet plan for my period? I'm on D5C1.

Thoughts, please! ~ Ashton
  • suziecue66
    Options

Yes I totall agree with you.......I am sticking to the 17 days too.....no matter how imperfectly I did it......I am still doing it!!! Those carbs are certainly a slippery slope aren't they. AND I made the mistake of measuring myself this morning......nada...not one damn inch....not even a quarter inch:brokenheart: I was sooooo bummed! BUT I am going to continue on anyway.....this time.....I. WILL.NOT.GIVE.UP!! Please do not give up with me. Take gentle care sweetie:flowerforyou:

Yeh me too, just sticking to it no matter what. I didn't have such a good weekend and so I'm bummed but just got to keep going. Was tempted for a second to just throw in the towel but what would be the point of that - I'm trying to conquer my yo-yo dieting and this will be my year!
  • suziecue66
    Options
    What's the general opinion of the PMS exception, everyone?

I don't want to lose steam by adding things back in, but I am SUPER cranky and I cry at the drop of a hat. Should I alter my diet plan for my period? I'm on D5C1.

Thoughts, please! ~ Ashton

If you can just keep to plan that obviously would be best. Include a lot of vegies with the protein to bulk up your meals.
    Also around PMS time magnesium and B6 supplementation may be helpful.
    Check out this:
    http://www.truestarhealth.com/members/archives.asp?content=14ml3p1a97
    See the different types of PMS - you may be 1 of them or usually combinations.
  • whitelilly1
    Options
    Day 16 for me and although I really missed the glass or two of wine this weekend I'm feeling OK. Was really looking forward to my yogurt and fruit for breakfast!!. I have more or less stuck to the plan for the 2 weeks although I did have a few squares of dark chocolate last week ( PMT) and I have been drinking one or two flavoured waters in the evening . Also I am not rigid in sticking to the vegetable list., I have eaten courgettte and also ate peas as part of the Birdseye steamfresh vegetable puches,

I'm going to stay on this cycle for one extra day though as its my sons birthday Saturday and we are going out so wanted to make sure the higher calorie day was a Saturday to give me some flexibility.

As for energy, seem to have lots more of it. I do a lot more than the requires 17 mins a day , I walk the dog for 5 miles and I also go to the gym every other day . Not sure how I'm going to be able to increase this in cycle 3 !

Hope we all have a good week
  • moniew24
    moniew24 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is day 8 for me as well, had several off plan meals this weekend, but I wasnt too worried about it, I am back on track now. The good news is I could not wait for the 1st cycle to be over before I weighed and I lost 4.6lbs. I feel really good and cant wait to get to the gym tonight.
  • trishDC
    trishDC Posts: 51
    Options
    Hey gals! Before I go on my rant - I'd like to say:

suziecue66 - Congrats on Day 17 and for staying motivated. And, THANKS for setting up the new topic / thread.

moniew24 - Glad to see that you are having success - despite a few slips.

whitelilly1 - Congrats on making it to Day 16. I've been also wondering about the exercise piece...but, I think keeping active is the theme.

abrellenthin - I think suziecue66 has some great suggestions on the vitamins.

Now - I'm very discouraged and trying not to throw in the towel. It's Day 8 Cycle 1 and when weighing myself I've actually gained 1.6 lbs. I've stuck to the approved foods and almost complete plan (except no lemon water, missing some green teas and a few fruit portions). I was very active with exercise the first few days, but did the minimum due to feeling week and being sick with a cold and/or allergies. My thoughts for the next few days are to add a bit more fat and calories into my diet - still with the approved ...but if anyone has any ides or suggestions I'm very open to any ideas...
  • dyannajoy
    Options

suziecue66 - Congrats on Day 17 and for staying motivated. And, THANKS for setting up the new topic / thread.

whitelilly1 - Congrats on making it to Day 16. I've been also wondering about the exercise piece...but, I think keeping active is the theme.

Now - I'm very discouraged and trying not to throw in the towel. It's Day 8 Cycle 1 and when weighing myself I've actually gained 1.6 lbs. I've stuck to the approved foods and almost complete plan (except no lemon water, missing some green teas and a few fruit portions). I was very active with exercise the first few days, but did the minimum due to feeling week and being sick with a cold and/or allergies. My thoughts for the next few days are to add a bit more fat and calories into my diet - still with the approved ...but if anyone has any ides or suggestions I'm very open to any ideas...

A couple of things to check on.........make sure you are drinking TONS of water. The days I drink the most water are the days I am down the next day. Also are you eating enough? I run my food through the calorie counter from day to day......and I usually come up pretty short on this plan. Make sure you are getting your oil in. And I usually have an extra fruit/yogurt each day. I know it will slow things down for me.......but I am okay with that.......as I am here for the long haul. Good luck sweetie.......and hang in there......I need you here!:flowerforyou: Dyanna
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    This is day 8 for me as well, had several off plan meals this weekend, but I wasnt too worried about it, I am back on track now. The good news is I could not wait for the 1st cycle to be over before I weighed and I lost 4.6lbs. I feel really good and cant wait to get to the gym tonight.

So proud of you!! I am not perfect either and have lost 4 lbs so far.......and am fine with that! I will be done with cycle 1 on Wed. woohoo!!
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    Day 16 for me and although I really missed the glass or two of wine this weekend I'm feeling OK. Was really looking forward to my yogurt and fruit for breakfast!!. I have more or less stuck to the plan for the 2 weeks although I did have a few squares of dark chocolate last week ( PMT) and I have been drinking one or two flavoured waters in the evening . Also I am not rigid in sticking to the vegetable list., I have eaten courgettte and also ate peas as part of the Birdseye steamfresh vegetable puches,

I'm going to stay on this cycle for one extra day though as its my sons birthday Saturday and we are going out so wanted to make sure the higher calorie day was a Saturday to give me some flexibility.

As for energy, seem to have lots more of it. I do a lot more than the requires 17 mins a day , I walk the dog for 5 miles and I also go to the gym every other day . Not sure how I'm going to be able to increase this in cycle 3 !

Hope we all have a good week

Wow! you are doing GREAT!! And you are really exercising ALOT! I am not anywhere close to rigid with any of this........but it seems to be working really well. Yesterday I tried really hard to eat some (refined) carbs and just could not do it.......they tasted AWFUL! You have no idea how wonderful that was for me to experience. So all in all, I feel like i have found my hope with truly getting this extra weight off! Hope you have a great week too!
  • trishDC
    trishDC Posts: 51
    Options

A couple of things to check on.........make sure you are drinking TONS of water. The days I drink the most water are the days I am down the next day. Also are you eating enough? I run my food through the calorie counter from day to day......and I usually come up pretty short on this plan. Make sure you are getting your oil in. And I usually have an extra fruit/yogurt each day. I know it will slow things down for me.......but I am okay with that.......as I am here for the long haul. Good luck sweetie.......and hang in there......I need you here!:flowerforyou: Dyanna

Thanks Dyanna! Yes, I drink tons of water. I've always have drank lots of water, because I don't drink soda (except seltzer) or juices! I have been tracking and logging my food (except yesterday) and I'm just around 1200 or less. So, hence why I said I need to eat even more and up my oil/fat. I just ordered some protein powders and hope they comes soon. I haven't given up yet, but it has been discouraging.
  • dyannajoy
    Options

Thanks Dyanna! Yes, I drink tons of water. I've always have drank lots of water, because I don't drink soda (except seltzer) or juices! I have been tracking and logging my food (except yesterday) and I'm just around 1200 or less. So, hence why I said I need to eat even more and up my oil/fat. I just ordered some protein powders and hope they comes soon. I haven't given up yet, but it has been discouraging.

((((((((((I am sure it is))))))))))) I am sure if you keep *tweaking* you will find what works!! Don't give up!!:heart:
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Trish, i was gonna suggest similar to Dyanna. I think you may need to up your calories, I know it's hard but it's for your benefit. If you're waiting on protein powder, try adding 1 or 2 cheese strings and some almonds each day. Also, how much do you need to lose, if it's not a whole bunch, it may not come off as quickly as others who have a lot to lose
  • suziecue66
    Options

Trish, i was gonna suggest similar to Dyanna. I think you may need to up your calories, I know it's hard but it's for your benefit. If you're waiting on protein powder, try adding 1 or 2 cheese strings and some almonds each day. Also, how much do you need to lose, if it's not a whole bunch, it may not come off as quickly as others who have a lot to lose

I have 40 pounds to lose my loss seems quite slow compared to a lot.
    Dynna have you checked your sodium amount in your diary? I don't think its high looking at your foods but just take a look. Actually perhaps you need some sodium and potassium salt to sprinkle on your foods? Are you urinating a lot or not?
    Do you have any inflammation which may cause water retention?

Not saying you have this but maybe something to think about as on this diet sodium could be too low:

"Diet. A low-sodium, high-water diet can sometimes disturb the proper balance between sodium and fluids in your blood."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hyponatremia/ds00974/dsection=causes
    Hyponatremia - means hypo = low, natremia = sodium