Recipes

Options

Replies

• zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My friend gave me this recipe and I LOVE IT!!! I call it Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Hummus.

1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, rinsed well and drained) (250g)

1/4 tsp salt

1/8 tsp baking soda

2 tsp pure vanilla extract

1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T. If you use peanut butter, it’ll have a very-slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so if you don’t want this, you can sub oil.)

up to 1/4 cup milk of choice (Start with 1 T, and add more as needed)

Sweetener (see note below, for amount)

1/3 cup chocolate chips or Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips

2 to 3 T oats (or flaxmeal) (You can omit, but also omit the milk if you do)

Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor (not blender), and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.

Sweetener Notes: I used 2/3 cup brown sugar . You can also use Liquid sweeteners (agave, maple, etc.) are fine as well, as is evaporated cane juice. You can easily get away with less sugar– some people will be perfectly fine with just 3 T for the whole recipe! And if you don’t want any sugar, be sure to check out the “no-sugar” version linked above. (You can also use stevia, if you like the taste of stevia-sweetened desserts. Try 2-3 packets of NuNaturals stevia, and add more sweetener if needed. I wouldn’t recommend serving an all-stevia version to party guests, though.)
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Curried Chicken Salad

• 1 large Chicken breast – 6 oz. (broiled or grilled, then chilled + chopped)
    • 1 carrot, roughly diced
    • 1 scallion, sliced
    • ½ c peas, lightly steamed

Sauce:
    • 2 TBSP Hellman’s light olive oil mayonnaise
    • 2 TBSP non-fat plain yogurt
    • TBSP yellow curry powder (or to taste)
    • 1tsp sriracha, or to taste
    • TBSP PB2 (or peanut butter, if you’d like)
    • TBSP shredded, unsweetened, reduced fat coconut

Mix up the sauce, chop up the chicken and veggies, mix it all together and serve on a heaping bed of baby spinach. ☺

CALORIES: 572
    CARBS: 29
    FAT: 19
    PROTEIN: 85
    FIBER: 7
    SODIUM: 1051

**I made this from leftover grilled chicken... This recipe is for 1 serving. Of course, you could modify it to feed more people. :)
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Curried Chicken Salad

• 1 large Chicken breast – 6 oz. (broiled or grilled, then chilled + chopped)
    • 1 carrot, roughly diced
    • 1 scallion, sliced
    • ½ c peas, lightly steamed

Sauce:
    • 2 TBSP Hellman’s light olive oil mayonnaise
    • 2 TBSP non-fat plain yogurt
    • TBSP yellow curry powder (or to taste)
    • 1tsp sriracha, or to taste
    • TBSP PB2 (or peanut butter, if you’d like)
    • TBSP shredded, unsweetened, reduced fat coconut

Mix up the sauce, chop up the chicken and veggies, mix it all together and serve on a heaping bed of baby spinach. ☺

CALORIES: 572
    CARBS: 29
    FAT: 19
    PROTEIN: 85
    FIBER: 7
    SODIUM: 1051

**I made this from leftover grilled chicken... This recipe is for 1 serving. Of course, you could modify it to feed more people. :)

Yummy!!!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    These muffins are in my oven right now. Crossing my fingers!!!! Not very high in calories, but I did add some chocolate chips, lol.
    http://dashingdish.com/recipe/banana-bread-protein-muffins/
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I am finally making this old Rachel Ray recipe. I will have it for breakfast tomorrow but I can't imagine that it wouldn't taste good! Its baking now but i will report back on the taste:

Spinach Ricotta Pie

One 10oz pkg of frozen spinach, thawed.
    One 15 ounce container of ricotta cheese (I used cottage cheese)
    8 ounces garlic-herb spreadable cheese (I used Athenos jalapeno spreadable cheese which is only 6.5oz)
    4 large eggs, lightly beaten (I used 5 eggs)
    1 cup chopped marinated artichokes (I used frozen hearts because I needed to use them up)

Grease a 9 inch pie pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wring the spinach dry. Whisk ricotta cheese, spreadable cheese and eggs. Add spinach and artichokes, salt and pepper to taste. Pour into prepared pan and bake until golden brown, about 45 min.
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    My above recipe took a little longer to cook through the middle but I did a test taste and it taste great!
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    Heres another egg recipe that I really love! I have never followed the Slimming World diet but I like many of the recipes on this site:

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/sweet-potato-and-spinach-frittata
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump to take a peek at later!

I too am a major CCK blog/recipe fan!:heart:
  • sweiland1
    sweiland1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bump... these are awesome, I can't wait to try!!!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Today for Father's Day, I made my hubby a breakfast casserole that has long been a family favorite. Made a few changes and it was still super yummy, high protein and surprisingly low calorie. You could definitely use full fat ingredients if you're trying to up your calories more.
    Its called Amish Egg Casserole. Here's the recipe:

6 potatoes, peeled and cubed, then boiled until fork tender, drained, and cooled to room temperature
    2 c. egg substitute (or 12 eggs)
    1 bag frozen southwest blend veggies (diced peppers/onions)
    1 T. garlic
    1 t. dry mustard
    1 t. paprika
    salt and pepper to taste
    16 oz. fat free cottage cheese
    4 oz. diced ham
    1 1/3 c. turkey sausage crumbles (I used Jimmy Dean)
    4 oz. each shredded light swiss and colby-jack cheese

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except swiss cheese, stir well to combine. Pour into sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan and top with swiss cheese. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting into 12 squares.
    When I ran it through the recipe builder I came up with 195 calories, 15 g carbs, 5 g fat, 23 g protein.

We've made it with all kinds of different breakfast meats (bacon, anyone?) and cheeses (pepper jack...yum), just kind of depends on what you like! Enjoy!
  • firecracker1026
    firecracker1026 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I thought I would share one of my favorite high protein, low carb recipes - Citrus Tilapia. I am generally not a seafood fan, but I love this dish! It's easy and quick to make. You can substitute any type of fish you prefer (I think the original recipe used seabass). Enjoy! :)

INGREDIENTS:

2 Tilapia Fillets (6 oz each)
    .5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
    1/2 onion, chopped
    2 cloves of garlic, minced
    1/2 lemon, juice
    1/2 lime, juice
    1 tsp hot sauce (more or less to taste - I use Franks Red Hot)
    salt
    pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 450. Heat extra-virgin olive oil in medium, OVEN PROOF skillet over medium heat until warm. Add onion and garlic and cook just until they start to brown (1-2 minutes).

Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, lime juice and hot sauce in a small bowl. Season tilapia on each side with salt and pepper.

Crank heat up to medium high (you want the skillet HOT when you add the fish). Add tilapia to the skillet and sear on each side for 1-2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and pour juices/hot sauce mixture over fish. Put skillet in the oven and cook for approximatley 8 minutes, until fish is done and flaky.

Serve immediately. Serves 2. Serving Size: 1 fillet

NUTRITION (per serving):

Calories - 208.3
    Fat - 6.4 g
    Sat. Fat - 1.3 g
    Cholesterol - 82.5 mg
    Sodium - 151.9 (varies depending on amount of salt used to season fish)
    Potassium - 580.4 mg
    Carbs - 4.3g
    Fiber - .5g
    Sugars - .5g
    Protein - 34.4g
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Today for Father's Day, I made my hubby a breakfast casserole that has long been a family favorite. Made a few changes and it was still super yummy, high protein and surprisingly low calorie. You could definitely use full fat ingredients if you're trying to up your calories more.
    Its called Amish Egg Casserole. Here's the recipe:

6 potatoes, peeled and cubed, then boiled until fork tender, drained, and cooled to room temperature
    2 c. egg substitute (or 12 eggs)
    1 bag frozen southwest blend veggies (diced peppers/onions)
    1 T. garlic
    1 t. dry mustard
    1 t. paprika
    salt and pepper to taste
    16 oz. fat free cottage cheese
    4 oz. diced ham
    1 1/3 c. turkey sausage crumbles (I used Jimmy Dean)
    4 oz. each shredded light swiss and colby-jack cheese

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except swiss cheese, stir well to combine. Pour into sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan and top with swiss cheese. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting into 12 squares.
    When I ran it through the recipe builder I came up with 195 calories, 15 g carbs, 5 g fat, 23 g protein.

We've made it with all kinds of different breakfast meats (bacon, anyone?) and cheeses (pepper jack...yum), just kind of depends on what you like! Enjoy!

Sounds yummy. I make a "breakfast casserole" for Christmas Morning. This one is new to me. I will have to try it. Thank you for sharing.
  • techmom29
    techmom29 Posts: 103
    Options
    I make these often: Oatmeal pancakes

They are relatively high in protein and you can even add a scoop of protein powder to them.

1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

Blend ingredients together and then add blueberries, banana, nuts etc. and pour spoonfuls into a hot pan to cook like pancakes. They are not really sweet but when topped with a tbsp of maple syrup or other topping they are a great and filling breakfast.

Recently I have been short on time so I actually cook the above just like oatmeal in a pot with some water and eat it like oatmeal instead of pancakes, with a TBSP of brown sugar and it is great also. It is really filling.

I've been making these. Thanks for posting. They are GOOD and very FILLING!
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING from Skinnytaste.com. I make 5+ meals a week from there and they are always great (even the hubs likes them).

you can find skinnytaste on Pinteretest too!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Quinoa stuffed Mushrooms
    I got this idea and then looked around online for some flavoring ideas. I am still playing with my measurements to put in the recipe database, my mixture was about 2x too much for my mushrooms, so I will just generalize here to give an idea and you can make it your own.

Cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup)
    onion (about 1/2)
    mushrooms for stuffing (1-2 packages)
    spices/seasonings to taste ( I used salt, pepper, garlic, onion, parsley)
    egg white
    Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup, I used the shredded kind, not powdered but either would work. I saw cream cheese and feta being used too)

Saute onions and chopped mushroom stems together in pan with spray or a little butter/oil until softened. Meanwhile, precook mushroom tops in a 350 degree oven. Mix onions and mushroom stems with cooked quinoa, spices, egg white and cheese (I added a little seasoned breadcrumbs to mine too because I like the taste/texture). Stuff into mushrooms and bake until heated through. Not sure yet due to my calculations being off, but it seems I will get a couple grams of protein for each one.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the leftover filling, I could just sit and eat it all, lol.
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    These sound soooo good! Do you have a nutrition breakdown on them and calorie count?
    I make these often: Oatmeal pancakes

They are relatively high in protein and you can even add a scoop of protein powder to them.

1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

Blend ingredients together and then add blueberries, banana, nuts etc. and pour spoonfuls into a hot pan to cook like pancakes. They are not really sweet but when topped with a tbsp of maple syrup or other topping they are a great and filling breakfast.

Recently I have been short on time so I actually cook the above just like oatmeal in a pot with some water and eat it like oatmeal instead of pancakes, with a TBSP of brown sugar and it is great also. It is really filling.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Those of you with a sweet tooth or pasta tooth? ahhaha

protein pancakes- 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 1/2 cup egg substitute, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder...mix and cook like a pancake, add berries or sugar free syrup. if you dont want carbs, skip the oats and double the egg substitute..

reeses oatmeal- however many oats you want, add choc protein and 3 TBSP of PB2 or 1 TBSP PB

casein dessert- 1 scoop chocolate or cookies n cream casein, add 1 TBSP nut butter, add almond milk and mix until its a pudding consistancy then freeze for half hr then eat!!

PIZZA- 1 cup egg substitute- cook then flip so its just round and cooked both sides- this is your crust....add sauce and low fat cheese ect... low carb high protein ;) my bf loves these and has it everyday

spaghetti- substitute pasta for spaghetti squash and lean ground turkey (i always eat this)

"apple cheese danish"- cut apple into small chunks and microwave until soft (approx 1 minute) then add to 3/4 cup cottage cheese. mix and add cinnamon, stevia and a dash of vanilla. leave in fridge overnight! SO YUMMY!! (you dont HAVE to leave it in the fridge, my bf eats asap but i like it the next day)
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    No Bake Oatmeal Protein Balls from the CandyFit blog/website:

http://www.candyfit.net/2012/06/revised-no-bake-gluten-free-oatmeal.html?spref=tw#

I just made some - with peanut butter added in and then I melted a square of dark choc and dipped the tops of the balls in the choc. YUMMM
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Chai Spice Mix (yields about 1/3 cup spice mix)

2 tbsp. ground ginger
    1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
    2 tsp. ground cloves
    2 1/2 tbsp. ground cardamom
    2 tsp. nutmeg
    2 tsp. allspice
    1/2 tsp. white pepper

add to whatever you want.. make your own chai latte's. :)
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    BUMP

these all sound so delicious.