Can you look at my diary?

Options
bewitchinglife
bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
I'm exercising regularly 4-6 times a week, tracking my calories and gaining weight. I can't tell if I should add more or less calories or what I should do.

I'm working very hard and frustrated.

Up 1.5 lbs in the last two weeks. With all the sweating, and all the things I've not been eating I should be going down. I just don't get it.

Replies

• Morgandobes
    Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Can you give us ur stats? Height, weight?(We can see your actvitity level)
    What calorie range are you currently eating?

When did you start the eat more to weigh less?

Were you on very low calorie before?
    Maybe you need a reset?

Lisa
  • Morgandobes
    Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Your calories for the last few days are all over the place.
    I am new to eat more to weigh less, but from my understanding, you should be eating all of your daily
    calories. I see on some days you have a 500 cal deficit from what you set your goal at.
    You dont want to put your body into starvation mode, so I would definintely pick where your calories/cut needs
    to be(using scooby) and make sure you are eating very close to that amount for day.
    Saving lots of calories we thought worked well in the old days, but with this groups way of thinking, that will just throw off
    your bodies metabolism and make it go in slower metabolism mode.(IE burn less calories)

Just my measly 2 cents worth :-)
    Lisa
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I took a look at your diary and without knowing what your numbers are off the bat there is no consistency. I am not sure what your daily caloric intake should be, it seems that you have changed it... like last week your intake was low, your protein is really low too.

The first thing I would say is to take a deep breath. It is so easy to half heartedly do this because of the fear of what will happen or not happen:frown: . But it works, what makes it not work is jumping all around in calories, in increasing calorie intake but increasing activity along with it so calculations are no longer valid, in not netting at least bmr..etc...

Ok so all hope is not lost:happy: , what I would like you to do is start with a clean slate, go and calculate your TDEE based on your true activity level and eat 15% of that if you are doing cut. Eat is consistently every single day my friend, rain, sleet or shine.:wink: Then on high cardio day if you have a high burn net no less than your bmr. Take measurements and do this for 6 wks straight and see how you trend. Since you bounce up and down in the calorie intake your body may think it is just a binge...so let's show it you will be consistent in fueling and your body will let go of the weight. :flowerforyou:
    Lucia
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Height 5'6"
    Weight 185
    Age 36

I'm working on keeping my calories between 1750-1900. I'm having a hard time finding food to eat that will satisfy that. I don't eat grains most of the time.

Scooby says 1860 for me, if I'm doing it right.

Last week I had a migraine all week and had a hard time eating or moving for that matter. I figured that since I wasn't moving that it probably wouldn't matter if my calories are low. I guess this is all new to me. I thought I knew what I was doing, but it doesn't seem so.

When I was at my heaviest (220lbs), I was eating around 1400 calories a day. Switched to Paleo, lost 40lbs eating roughly 1800-2000 calories a day. Went off the Paleo/work-out wagon over the winter. Gained 7 lbs.

Got back to eating well-ish, working out like mad.. and I've lost 2lbs in four weeks (gaining the last couple of weeks). I'm frustrated as heck right now, but I'll keep reading and working on getting more protein in. I'm really struggling with it. I have no clue how one would get 160 grams of protein in.