Starting today... advice?

amymimi12
amymimi12 Posts: 51 Member
I'm finally getting off my *kitten* and starting BR today after work. Excited and nervous! Any advice from those who've been doing it? What worked for you and what didn't? When did you start feeling results (on the scale or in your clothes or just feeling stronger)? How important is the meal plan? How to push through the pain and keep from cursing Jillian out? Thanks!! Reading your posts has been inspiring and is helping me get started!

Replies

• tra428
    tra428 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm starting today too! Are you also doing the 7 day kickstart (diet and everything)?
  • amymimi12
    Yay! Probably not following the kick start diet - I think it's too few calories to give me enough energy for the workouts. And I'm kind of a carb addict. I think I'm going to stick with MFP for tracking my food... we'll see how it goes! Good luck and keep me posted!
  • I did the kick start for metabolism..but not the diet. Workout 3&4 are harder than 1&2. Dont let the scale stop you from trucking through this!! Measure yourself! KEEP GOING!
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Hi :happy: Welcome. Were glad your here.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    As noted, do not do one more workout without taking some measurements...it will show you your progress more quickly than the scale. I've been doing JMBR since late March, but added in some additional weeks here and there because I didn't want to move on to the next level, then took a 2-week break before I was going to move on to workouts 9/10. I came back last week and decided to start with weeks 5 & 6. Overall, I LOVE this workout program. Just continue to push play and stay the course. In terms of the kickstart, I didn't follow the diet, but kept calories around 1500 per day. I did double workouts on the workout days and only did a single workout on the cardio days.

I've lost almost 18 lbs so far.
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    I'm starting today too! Are you also doing the 7 day kickstart (diet and everything)?

I started today (diet and 2 workouts). So far, so good! Didn't enjoy the Greek Yogurt with Cinnamon. I could've eaten it plain with almonds. The salad was good or maybe I was too hungry from greek yogurt concoction? lol. I had enough salad for dinner and didn't make the steak meal. How did the day go for you?
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member

I started today (diet and 2 workouts). So far, so good! Didn't enjoy the Greek Yogurt with Cinnamon. I could've eaten it plain with almonds. The salad was good or maybe I was too hungry from greek yogurt concoction? lol. I had enough salad for dinner and didn't make the steak meal. How did the day go for you?
  • amymimi12
    Thanks everybody! I appreciate the encouragement and advice, and to hear from other folks who just started too... I need the accountability! Day 1 and 2 workouts done. Not too bad, although SO tired when I got up this morning and started workout 2. And I'm already sore. Hopefully my body will get used to being up 40 minutes earlier soon, because I can already tell that most days I'm going to have to do this in the morning or I'll talk myself out of it by the end of the day.

Good advice about taking measurements, I'll do that today. I can tell that at the beginning my muscles are gonna be retaining water, so I'll try not to let the number on the scale bother me too much (ha ha). How long did it take for you all (who've been doing it for awhile) to start seeing noticeable results?
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Welcome!!!

The only advice I have for u is to invest in good shoes!!!

Good luck!!!
  • tra428
    tra428 Posts: 17 Member
    Exact same problem with the greek yogurt, chicatita! Blech. But everything else has been great so far! Looking forward to tomorrow with just two cardio workouts cuz I can do those both at home. How bruuuutal are those kick outs from cardio 1? My aaaarrrrrrrms.
  • amymimi12
    Ugh that cardio 1 workout was exhausting. Or I'm still really out of shape. Or both. I was panting after 20 minutes and I hate the running man and the fast feet! Still sore from the last 2 days, and again I spent the morning cursing Jillian, and now I'm happy that I pushed through it. I can't say I'm excited about doing it again on Saturday though! I'm having a hard time motivating to do more than one workout in a day. Have you folks found that it makes a big difference? 3 days down, 87 to go! (I can't wait for that number to be the other way around!) :drinker:
  • After a while you'll love fast feet! I actually look forward to them now (although I still loathe running man)!

Definitely take your measurements, you'll notice results there more than the scale during phase 1.
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Just got mine in the mail today. Ordered on Sunday so that was super fast! I plan on starting in the morning. Plan on trying to follow the diet as much as possible, but no drinking? :laugh: I think I will just make sure to save 100 calories for my glass of wine a few times a week. Cheers to success:drinker:
  • KellyH2012
    KellyH2012 Posts: 14
    Good luck!! Weeks 1& 2 I think are pretty easy if you've done Jillians other workouts (Ripped in 30, 30 day Shred...) But don't let that fool you! It gets tougher but YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • amymimi12
    It hurts so good! KellyH2012 I have to tell you, I'm a bit scared to move past weeks 1&2 if it gets that much harder! I'm already so sore and exhausted, but I'm trying not to beat myself up over how out of shape I've let myself get. Gotta start somewhere, right?! I did notice that I was able to do more of workout 1 today. Only had to take a break and breathe once, which was an improvement over Monday. Hopefully a sign of good things to come... although I wish I could see results already! (Instant gratification please! Unreasonable expectations much?) Good luck to us all... 4 days down. Thanks for the encouragement and accountability here, it really helps!
  • Maiello1970
    Maiello1970 Posts: 73 Member
    This is so cool, my wife and I also started this week. Love the workouts, but I have to be honest in saying I AM STARVING!!! We are doing the Kickstart as well. I have good will power, so I just keep drinking alot of water... at 10 glasses already today and its only 3pm. I cannot wait to see what the results are. I have been hitting the workouts hard and eating right, and I can't wait to do the measurements and weight. I have learned that the best results are from measurements, not the scale (although i would be real happy to see it there too).

Please feel free to friend me, and we can encourage each other!
  • amymimi12
    I still hate Cardio 1!!! The running man sucks. I could do suicides all day if I didn't have to mix it up with the running man. Getting better with the strength workouts... trying to resist getting on the scale for fear of being disappointed. One more week and I'll measure again. Hope it's going well for all of you!
  • Maiello1970
    Running Man is the ONLY exercise i do not do... i just cant get it right, so i jog with high knees instead! LOL
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Running man is the worst thing ever.
  • Maiello1970
    I just weighed in and lost 3.7 pounds this week!!!!!