INTRODUCE YOURSELVES

Options
OK SO THIS IS LATE BUT LETS HEAR IT YOUR STARTING WEIGHT YOUR GOAL WEIGHT WHAT YOUR WEAKNESS AND YOUR STRENGTH IS , AND WHAT GOT YOU INTO MFP ... AND WHAT WILL KEEP YOU MOTIVATED...

OK SO TAKE A DEEP BREATHE AND SPILL IT ALL OUT .

Replies

• Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My name is Justine. I don't have a large weight loss goal (5lbs), mostly toning. I love mfp because everyone one here is so supportive about everything. I do alot of long distance running and fitness classes and it's nice to talk to people who do them as well.
    You do a really great job with this group and getting people motivated at work! i started my first desk job about 8 months ago and i can't sit still. lol. so seeing other people finding little secret workouts for at work is awesome to take part in. Great job and thanks for doing it :0)
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    HELLO,
    I am Linette and I work as a Medical Records Coder. It is a sedentary job for sure. :ohwell:

A co-worker and I will go and walk on breaks :glasses: and it does help somewhat but only with that stiff feeling.

I have a weight loss goal of about 80 pounds :frown:
    I am watching my calories and increasing the intensity or length of the walks now :bigsmile:
  • Miztif
    Miztif Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    HELLO,
    I am Linette and I work as a Medical Records Coder. It is a sedentary job for sure. :ohwell:

A co-worker and I will go and walk on breaks :glasses: and it does help somewhat but only with that stiff feeling.

I have a weight loss goal of about 80 pounds :frown:
    I am watching my calories and increasing the intensity or length of the walks now :bigsmile:

The waling on your break also raises your heart rate and helps with your metaloblism...
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I am not new to MFP but I am new to this group and am very excited about this new format that has been introduced which makes it much easier to find more topic specific threads.

I have been your classic yo-yo dieter since having kids. Before them I was in good shape and at an acceptable weight for my age and height. Of course I would never trade them to have my old body back since they are the light of my life...lol. Nope, that is something I am going to have to just keep on working at.

The first time I joined MFP I lost 80 lbs but then crashed and burned and put it all back on and then some. I did the same thing last year but here I am again, feeling positive, motivated, and optimistic about doing this again.

So relating this to the topic of the discussion board... I work full-time as a Techology Support Analyst (a computer help desk) and part-time as an Administrative Officer for a local Air Cadet Squadron. Both jobs are desk jobs and keep me chained to my cubicle day in and day out which makes it that much harder to engage in an active lifestyle. Many people might suggest that it should give me plenty of energy then to exercise outside of work but it is so mentally draining it actually has the opposite effect. I am too tired both mentally and physically to get fit and be active.

On top of this I have a severe sensitivity to perfumes, colognes, scented hand creams etc which means I pretty much stay in my cubicle at work and do not go out much where there are crowds of people such as the gym.

Well I hope to share, learn, and support with you all.

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • Hello! My name is Tina. I just joined MFP today because my sister has asked me to for months. I've been trying to lose weight for about a year now with NO LUCK. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything right. So, this is just to help me keep on track with my goals.

I'm currently at 139, and my goal is 120. I'm only 5'2", and I have a pretty small build. I'm not fitting in my clothes very well, and I'm tired of feeling chunky. Time to stop whining about it and actually get something done!

I have the classic desk job-- secretary work for about 8 hours a day doing nothing more than typing and filing and answering the phone. By the time I go home the last thing I want to do is go to the gym--but I need to get my rear in gear if I'm ever going to get in shape. Thanks for creating a group like this!
  • chorrinda
    chorrinda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My name is Chorrinda. I am looking to lose 63 pounds total. So far I have lost 6.