Monday, June 18 - Sunday, June 24

Options

Replies

• whitelilly1
    Options

Were you not eating the yoghurt and fruit? That's my favourite part of this programme!

Yes , thats basically what I've been eating the yogurt and fruit for breakfast, but I think I need to add in eggs and smoked salmon or something to boost my calories up a bit during this Cycle. However It is Day 18 today, still doing Accelerate for one more day because I want the carb and red meat day to fall on Saturday, so hopefully that will help to get my calories up

How are you doing on Cycle 2?
  • whitelilly1
    Options
    Morning everyone

Sum is shining which has been a rare thing in the UK this summer so more incentive to stick to this plan if I have to bare some skin!

Opinions required , I'm giving blood this afternoon.
    1) Do you think it's a good idea and
    2) should I eat the complementary carbs after donating. They are always high carb like biscuits, crisps or cereal bars. They must have a reason to give this type of snack probably to increase blood sugar
  • theresamcd2
    theresamcd2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Had a rough weekend. Planned to have a cheat on Friday night, which wasn't too bad and I didn't get much satisfaction from it...but then it lead to cheating most of the rest of the weekend. Today (Sunday) was the WORST! Cinnamon buns, burger & fries...yuck!

So, if you had a rough weekend like me, let's dust ourselves off and get back in the saddle tomorrow!! I did cheat and feel bad, but I'm sticking to the 17 Days on C1. Sure is better than giving up and going back to all my bad habits.

Yes I totall agree with you.......I am sticking to the 17 days too.....no matter how imperfectly I did it......I am still doing it!!! Those carbs are certainly a slippery slope aren't they. AND I made the mistake of measuring myself this morning......nada...not one damn inch....not even a quarter inch:brokenheart: I was sooooo bummed! BUT I am going to continue on anyway.....this time.....I. WILL.NOT.GIVE.UP!! Please do not give up with me. Take gentle care sweetie:flowerforyou:

Yeh me too, just sticking to it no matter what. I didn't have such a good weekend and so I'm bummed but just got to keep going. Was tempted for a second to just throw in the towel but what would be the point of that - I'm trying to conquer my yo-yo dieting and this will be my year!
  • theresamcd2
    theresamcd2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was feeling like Trish the beginning of this week...not seeing losses and cheating my way through the entire weekend (Fri-Sun) and wondering if this is for me or not. I got lots from all your posts so I'm sticking to it and not getting discouraged.

There are so many different things to take into consideration, and we can't all figure it out in a week or so...the fact that we're all here supporting each other and sharing what works and what doesn't for us individually is motivation for me!

You said it.. I had the same trouble this weekend. dealing with computer trouble. I know I need to come in here and log in my food.. This weekend I had no time but I noticed i got lazy!..
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Sum is shining which has been a rare thing in the UK this summer so more incentive to stick to this plan if I have to bare some skin!

Opinions required , I'm giving blood this afternoon.
    1) Do you think it's a good idea and
    2) should I eat the complementary carbs after donating. They are always high carb like biscuits, crisps or cereal bars. They must have a reason to give this type of snack probably to increase blood sugar

Will this be your first time donating? If so, make sure you eat and drink plenty before you go. If not your first time, you should already have a general feel for how you feel after, and i would say it's fine to donate provided you've eaten and drank water before hand. As for after, they usually have fruit and yogurt as well as donuts and other sugary options (at least they do here, in Canada). Even if it's a regular yogurt, it's gotta be better than a cookie or donut.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Before, I start with my sad story:wink: .......let me say.....that if it were not for this message board and all of you here......I would not be here anymore.....Thank you from the bottom of my heart for hanging in here with me! Love you all!!:heart:
    Today is day 17 for me on cycle 1............but is it really? When I started I did not have the book...........so I did what I could which was mostly lower carb. Then I found this board and got the book last week (still reading). But all I can really say is I did do lemon/hot water every morning, drank gallons of iced tea, ate tons of fish, loads of veggies/salads, yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shakes and fruit. But I truly did not follow the plan closely. BUT I did do much better than I had for a long while and I I have decided I will continue forward into cycle 2 and when cycle one comes around again, I will hopefully do much better next round. I have 40 lbs to lose..........I keep playing around with different things.......this time I am going to stay with this.....not matter what! (please feel free to remind me of this from time to time :)
    So heres to doing this very imperfectly and hopefully reaching my goals anyway! HUGS, Dyanna
    p.s. I did lose 4 lbs in cycle 1.......which is not fabulous..........but I am grateful for it anyway.....
  • whitelilly1
    Options
    Dyanna dieting is never easy at the best of times and it's been pretty tough going these last 17 days. I think you have to move on to cycle 2 and maybe the different foods you can eat on the activate days will make it easier. I haven't been perfect. I still drink skimmed milk in my coffee and have eaten peas and courgettes which arent on the vegetables list and I dont drink hot water first thing or Green tea either so you are doing better than me . Maybe thats why I only lost 7 lbs who knows, but 7 lbs is more than I've lost in the last 4 months.

Think positive 4 lbs is 2 lbs a week, 20 weeks and you could be at goal.

Hold on in there and keep posting, We can be here for each other..
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    Dyanna dieting is never easy at the best of times and it's been pretty tough going these last 17 days. I think you have to move on to cycle 2 and maybe the different foods you can eat on the activate days will make it easier. I haven't been perfect. I still drink skimmed milk in my coffee and have eaten peas and courgettes which arent on the vegetables list and I dont drink hot water first thing or Green tea either so you are doing better than me . Maybe thats why I only lost 7 lbs who knows, but 7 lbs is more than I've lost in the last 4 months.

Think positive 4 lbs is 2 lbs a week, 20 weeks and you could be at goal.

Hold on in there and keep posting, We can be here for each other..

awwww thanks sweetie. Your encouragement helps alot! And yes, weiight loss is weight loss.......and no matter what......it is all good!:flowerforyou:
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: LOVE the positive attitudes in this group!
  • xoxo99
    xoxo99 Posts: 36
    Options
    Before, I start with my sad story:wink: .......let me say.....that if it were not for this message board and all of you here......I would not be here anymore.....Thank you from the bottom of my heart for hanging in here with me! Love you all!!:heart:
    Today is day 17 for me on cycle 1............but is it really? When I started I did not have the book...........so I did what I could which was mostly lower carb. Then I found this board and got the book last week (still reading). But all I can really say is I did do lemon/hot water every morning, drank gallons of iced tea, ate tons of fish, loads of veggies/salads, yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shakes and fruit. But I truly did not follow the plan closely. BUT I did do much better than I had for a long while and I I have decided I will continue forward into cycle 2 and when cycle one comes around again, I will hopefully do much better next round. I have 40 lbs to lose..........I keep playing around with different things.......this time I am going to stay with this.....not matter what! (please feel free to remind me of this from time to time :)
    So heres to doing this very imperfectly and hopefully reaching my goals anyway! HUGS, Dyanna
    p.s. I did lose 4 lbs in cycle 1.......which is not fabulous..........but I am grateful for it anyway.....

Dyanna - 4 pounds is great!!! And maybe we should be focusing more on how we feel too? Do you feel better/healthier/more energy?? I know I do when I follow the plan and I don't follow it to a T. I don't drink the hot water with lemon or green tea b/c both make me gag ! ha

Cycle 1 is TOUGH but I know from before that it does get much easier and is very manageable long-term. Just think...even if it comes off slowly....at least it's coming off!!!!!

Good job on the 4 pounds!!!! xo
  • rayne78
    Options

Dyanna, 4 lbs is a good loss! Slow and steady wins the race! I'm so happy to hear you are sticking with it. The second time around on cycle 1 will be much easier, I promise. By then you'll have been making changes for 51 days, which is almost 2 months, or just over 7 weeks. They say it takes 3 weeks of something to create a habit, so by the second time around, it'll be like second nature to you. For me, once I'm nearing the end of cycle 3, I start to crave the restrictive simplicity of cycle 1 as I mostly eat chicken and ground turkey on it, and so it's much easier to plan for. But anyways, congrats on your 4 lbs, and well wishes for cycle 2!
  • dyannajoy
    Options

Dyanna - 4 pounds is great!!! And maybe we should be focusing more on how we feel too? Do you feel better/healthier/more energy?? I know I do when I follow the plan and I don't follow it to a T. I don't drink the hot water with lemon or green tea b/c both make me gag ! ha

Cycle 1 is TOUGH but I know from before that it does get much easier and is very manageable long-term. Just think...even if it comes off slowly....at least it's coming off!!!!!

Good job on the 4 pounds!!!! xo

yes yes yes focus on how we feel! I do feel better! much better actually. When I started this 17 days ago, I was having a very bad flare of fibromylagia......for the most part (unless I really overdo) my pain is GONE!! And I truly do not crave carbs like I did before either. In fact, I just made a single serving cookie dough recipe :noway: and took two small bites and threw the rest in the garbage!! Truly, this is a MIRACLE for me. I also feel better emotionally and energy wise. So yes........it is working in many ways! Thank you for reminding me of this.:flowerforyou:
    p.s. how are you feeling? Are you able to go back to work yet? and how long have you been doing 17 day? Take gentle care dear...
  • dyannajoy
    Options

Dyanna, 4 lbs is a good loss! Slow and steady wins the race! I'm so happy to hear you are sticking with it. The second time around on cycle 1 will be much easier, I promise. By then you'll have been making changes for 51 days, which is almost 2 months, or just over 7 weeks. They say it takes 3 weeks of something to create a habit, so by the second time around, it'll be like second nature to you. For me, once I'm nearing the end of cycle 3, I start to crave the restrictive simplicity of cycle 1 as I mostly eat chicken and ground turkey on it, and so it's much easier to plan for. But anyways, congrats on your 4 lbs, and well wishes for cycle 2!
    thank you soooooooo much! It helps to hear from someone successful and further down the road! I really appreciate your input:heart:
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    :flowerforyou: LOVE the positive attitudes in this group!

I do too! It is what keeps me going :love:
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I didn't do too well yesterday on cycle 2, going through some things and turned to food. Also, I can be very negative when I put in the work but don't see the results. Need more positivity!! Just keep going forward.
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    I didn't do too well yesterday on cycle 2, going through some things and turned to food. Also, I can be very negative when I put in the work but don't see the results. Need more positivity!! Just keep going forward.

Oh how well I understand the emotional eating...........that is what got me 50 lbs overweight :noway: And I too get discouraged at times........but this time........I believe that if I continue on, NO MATTER WHAT....I WILL succeed.......AND SO WILL YOU!! Hang in there sweetie.......tomorrow is a new day:flowerforyou:
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Oh how well I understand the emotional eating...........that is what got me 50 lbs overweight :noway: And I too get discouraged at times........but this time........I believe that if I continue on, NO MATTER WHAT....I WILL succeed.......AND SO WILL YOU!! Hang in there sweetie.......tomorrow is a new day:flowerforyou:

Definitely we will succeed. Tomorrow is already here for me - Thursday morning in Australia 21 June - and had a lovely tuna and salad wrap.
  • rayne78
    Options

Keep on keeping on!! Everyone slips from time to time, whether it be intentional or emotional or what not. The trick is to brush it off and keep going. The longer you go, the more you realize that you don't have to be perfect, and that one bad day doesn't set you back, and then eventually something changes and you learn to not "need" that food for comfort... this is kinda where I'm at now, and it feels great!
  • rayne78
    Options
    thank you soooooooo much! It helps to hear from someone successful and further down the road! I really appreciate your input:heart:

You're welcome!
  • whitelilly1
    Options
    Day 1 of Cycle 2 , Oatmeal for breakfast and Fillet steak tonight to celebrate getting through Cycle 1 with an 8 lb Loss :happy:
    Usually i would have celebrated with a glass of wine, oh how life changes