NSV that not everyone would get

Options
2»

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! I used to do WW and always receive the emails from them begging me to come back. I totally and 100% understand you holding on to those items for so long. I've always gone back to WW when nothing else worked and I hated every second of it.

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Oh...and I finally started spamming WW emails!

I can't believe this thread~ I JUST threw my WW stuff out one week ago!!! And they are begging me to come back too~ DELETE!!
    Maybe I look through my "office" too and see what else can go in the garbage!!

GOOD FOR ALL OF US!!!:heart:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I did the same not too long ago. and I lost 100 pounds on the program prior to marriage:)

I actually did plug in my tracker on here for the first few weeks I was giving MFP a try... I had 38 points a day to eat, and it was coming in around 1400-1500 cals... Now I never could eat my flex points or activity points, so had I actually learned how to do that, Im guessing it would have been closer to 1700 ish for me.. which is still below BMR.

Congrats on getting rid of them:)

Wow. That sounds right honestly. The sad part is I was breastfeeding several of the times that I did weight watchers. I've always had supply issues. I did add the extra points for breastfeeding, but I now know that it wasn't enough. There's a reason that I was shaky and irritable and had no energy!

Woot for all of us! I didn't realize that there would be so many others! Woohoo for being all done with weightwatchers!
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If you start second guessing yourself, keep in mind they changed from Points to PointsPlus in 12/10 or so. It is likely that unless your WW books were purchased after then, they wouldn't sync with the new program.

Rule of thumb for Points was 50 calories per point. PP is approximately 40 calories per point.
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too was on WW twice. The first time was really hard only 18 points per day. Hardly any food.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I know that must have been tough but you are a strong lady!!!!

I was on WW at the beginning of this year but quit after a few weeks. I was starving all the time and had a hard time with the fact that most good fats were so high in points. I have to have peanut butter or almonds or sunflower seeds at least once a day and that would add 5 points...it killed me every day!!!
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! Kudos to you, that's amazing and I'm glad you were able to do it. I started losing weight on WW and it was torture for me. Now that I'm eating a more sensible calorie deficit I feel so much better and less deprived. Just like you, I found my old Weight Watchers food diary a few months ago and could not believe I was eating 1300 calories a day (I did the calculations because I was curious). Their Points system is so flawed and unhealthy!

I wish more people knew about EM2WL. I would definitely talk people out of WW if I ever heard them thinking about joining.

Glad we both found the path to health and happiness! (Who knew they could go hand in hand!?)
  • mrsred79
    mrsred79 Posts: 79
    Options
    That's awesome! I totally get it, and need to do it myself.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV ... you have inspired me to do the same as I know that they are stashed away somewhere .. just needto figure out where though! hehehe

Awesome stuff girl!!!
    I hear ya! I did the same not too long ago. and I lost 100 pounds on the program prior to marriage:)

I actually did plug in my tracker on here for the first few weeks I was giving MFP a try... I had 38 points a day to eat, and it was coming in around 1400-1500 cals... Now I never could eat my flex points or activity points, so had I actually learned how to do that, Im guessing it would have been closer to 1700 ish for me.. which is still below BMR.

And this cracks me up ... I was on 23 points at some stage years ago and so that must have been real low going by your calculations ... scary!!!! No wonder I didn't last on it ... thing is i must have gone back prob 4 times in total ... so wrong!!!

Good stuff to you others who have thrown out too. Well done
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I was on 23 too and mostly ate under. They could never give me a good figure of what to eat back due to my fitness, now i know it was proably double my daily allowance. What gets me now is the majority of my ex-group were on the same amount of points. We were all so different in age weight etc. I was at goal(18mths later still the same, they mucked up my height so technically shouldn't have got lifetime) eating the same as someone who was 20 years older and probably about 30-40kg heavier....go figure.:tongue:
    That is a great NSV ... you have inspired me to do the same as I know that they are stashed away somewhere .. just needto figure out where though! hehehe

Awesome stuff girl!!!

And this cracks me up ... I was on 23 points at some stage years ago and so that must have been real low going by your calculations ... scary!!!! No wonder I didn't last on it ... thing is i must have gone back prob 4 times in total ... so wrong!!!

Good stuff to you others who have thrown out too. Well done
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I get it !! I keep spotting my WW books on the kitchen shelf and thinking I should bin them. Today when I get in from work. I promise. I'll also empty out the file where I still have my weekly planners from ooooooo 6 years ago. WHY? Why did I keep them???

I will keep the recipe books though because they have a couple of decent recipes and show calories too ;)

I'm also going to clear my bookshelves of diet magazines and magazines that I bought because they promised the miracle diet.

Thanks for inspiring and giving me the push to do this :flowerforyou:
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have also been on WW several times in the past and could never stick to it longer than 2 months. I was miserable!!! So glad I found this group and have given up my obsession with the scale!
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Another WW user here as well...oh and South Beach....and 17 day diet...and (hangs head in shame) Isagenix Cleanser...

I NEVER was able to stick with any of the above diets for any length because I always felt I was "on a diet".

Now with EM2WL - it's a life thing....

Good for you for throwing your stuff out. I should really do the same thing....