Alcohol

Options
kristinx
kristinx Posts: 5 Member
Ok, so obviously in an ideal world I would just count alcohol and it's empty calories out. But I love my wine and I'm not giving it up :)

I am loving eating more to weigh less and after 6 weeks or so the weight seems to be coming off...awesome!

Anyway, my question is....when I do have wine, I always count it so I usually still stay within my calorie goal. My question is though...is it better for me to eat ALL those calories and consider wine a splurge that makes me go over? I probably have 2-3 glasses 3 times a week or so...about 400 calories worth

I just worry that if I EAT under my BMR and wine is making up theextra calories....in the long run my metabolism will suffer.

Replies

• artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is a GREAT question! I do the same thing a few times a week and didn't even think about the possibility it could mess up my metabolism!
  • allieguerra22
    Options
    bump
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow, really great question. I have been doing the same with alcohol. I guess if I considered it over, then maybe I wouldn't drink as much, too? But I have been doing EMTWL for a month now, with only a gain, so perhaps this is messing me up (yo).
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    It is better to eat your calories but I don't think you should be counting it as a splurge unless you are okay with maintaining.

You could be splurging more than you think and might end up not losing.
  • cinblog1965
    cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I work the calories of 2 light beers in every night. If I don't lose doing EM2WL (just started a week ago) my beloved beer will have to go. I also drink a few glasses of merlot on the weekends and really havent been counting them but I am planning to track them now along with everything else, just so I can see my actual calories and see what changes I need to make if I am not successful.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i add it into my calories and don't consider it a splurge, and have been losing inches (not weight... im stuck at 145) pretty regularly...

i just have to be careful that i pre-plan my drinks, stay away from sugary mixers, and EAT before i have some drinks, as all those unhealthy snacks that are alongside the drinks are what make me chubbers. i also don't really drink here and there, but instead (i know its bad) drink 4ish drinks each day on the weekends :)

...besides, im usually an active drinker (no barstools for me!) i would rather dance, play games, or do something instead of just sitting and drinking, so that must even it out hehe :)