EM2WL without using a scale

WinningWithin
WinningWithin Posts: 18 Member
Hi, everyone -

I've been using Fitbit for a few months now and recently started exploring My Fitness Pal. I discovered this group and it feels like home! :happy:

As I've been reading through some of the conversations, I see lots of references to not using your scale. I am personally all for staying off the scale, as it seems like once I step on it, I spiral down into stepping on it every day, getting ticked off because nothing is moving fast enough, feeling deprived and then - wham-o! - back to old behaviors. :devil:

So for those of you who choose not to use a scale, how do you figure out your TDEE and BMR as you go through weight loss? Are you approximating? I suppose I could use my Fitbit deficit and assume it's correct and use that. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for this AMAZING forum! :0)

Replies

• 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    I weigh every 10 weeks + check measurements + check body fat + take pixtures. Doing EM2WL, I expect to lose slow so I am not worried about adjusting more frequently than every 10 weeks. Hope that helps! I've only been doing this plan for 6 weeks and see clothes fitting differently and other NSVs so I'm pretty motivated without the random number generator!
  • WinningWithin
    WinningWithin Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you! That's exactly what I needed! :flowerforyou: