BMF/? anyone else have trouble with a cardio reading?

Options
jgkoutr
jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
every strange...I did a new class today 'cardioblast' and I thought I was going to die...however, my BMF says I only burned 389....w/zumba which is way easier to me I burn at least 500 cals....I don't get it?? did my heart rate go to high and threw the balance off?

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Having the same issue today with mine.. I've only had it for less than a week but I burned 500 something today and my burn for the day so far seems pretty low.

edit: I also have a hrm so I know how much I burned but seems like my bmf is saying I burned less =/
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM to calculate instead of my BMF - it seems like they should be pretty close. Sometimes they are within 10-40 cals, other times they are off by 100's. I go by my HRM for adding in my exercise cals.
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM to calculate instead of my BMF - it seems like they should be pretty close. Sometimes they are within 10-40 cals, other times they are off by 100's. I go by my HRM for adding in my exercise cals.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

I just us my BMF for every day activities and for weight lifting, but for cardio I use my HRM.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    BMF is not capable of using your heart rate in it's calculations:ohwell:

skin temperature,heat flux, galvanic skin response, and 3 axis accelerometer only~
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    Options
    well, not sure why it would have been so different...guess my next investment is a HRM...oh, well
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

I just us my BMF for every day activities and for weight lifting, but for cardio I use my HRM.

This is exactly what I have been doing too! Using my HRM for cardio and my BMF for every day activities and strength training.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I suggest to get a HRM-they are best for cardio
  • jwkime
    jwkime Posts: 37
    Options
    My BMF and HRM vary by a couple hundred calories for cardio (HRM higher).....right now I'm using my BMF to see if my HRM was overestimating calories burned and thus not getting a true picture of what my TDEE was for the day and therefore setting my calorie intake too high. I'm going to give it a month or so and see if there is any difference using only the BMF, so we will see....