When you take a full rest week...

Options
TripleJ3
TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
On my last week of the reset, I plan to take a full rest from my regular work out routine. I also know I will be somewhat active and go for a few easy walks with my kids.

For those who have taken a full rest week (or two!) Do you set your TDEE at sedentary or the 1-3 activity level? Its going to be such a drop from where I am at now that I am sure I will end up going over but then when I amp it back up to a 10% cut, maybe it will feel like Christmas!

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I usually still do workouts, only much less intense, so generally don't change my calorie goal much.
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    I can't imagine taking a full week of absolutely no exercise.

Thanks!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine taking a full week of absolutely no exercise.

Thanks!

Mm. I'd have to have a think about what else to do to fill in the 10 hour gap in the week!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Don't change your cals for the rest week. Just eat as normal. You only change your tdee if you are changing up your exercise habits for a much longer period (say a month or more) or you are going to cut.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I just came off of a rest period.. mine lasted 4 days, which is more than I have ever done. I kept TDEE the same and I did have a gain this week. But I am at TDEE for reset, so it just helped prove I was at the right TDEE amount..
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I didn't change my calories during my rest week at the beginning of the month, since I knew I would still be at least lightly active due to work and lifestyle. And amusingly enough, I still lose like a pound that week despite an almost negligible deficit.
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    That makes sense not to lower it all all since its such a short period of time. Thanks!
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Also, the point of a rest week is to allow your muscles some time to repair/rebuild, which they require fuel to do