does 6months of eating below bmr require reset?

Options
watergirl626
watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
I am trying to help a friend, I would guess her bmr to be around 2050 (I am getting actual numbers). She has been eating at 1500 for about 6 months, no loss. No previous vlcd. Do you think a reset is necessary in her case, or can I advise her to start at 15% cut?

Replies

• KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Im no expert but 6 months sounds like a good reason for a reset. :-)
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump. I only did 1200 for 5 days but I'm curious too see the answers here. :drinker:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Im no expert but 6 months sounds like a good reason for a reset. :-)
    I agree with Karin.
  • Noor13
    Options
    Bump. I only did 1200 for 5 days but I'm curious too see the answers here. :drinker:
    If you really have just been eating 1200 for 5 days and never did VLCD before you should be fine. You can always try to eat at your cut value and do a reset if you don't lose at your cut
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes I had never dieted before 3 weeks ago. Found MFP on my new windows phone just looking for aps. I had decided to start eating healthier a week or so earlier and bought an elliptical to use. Started using MFP and about 5 days in stumbled onto the EM2WL group.Im usually not a very lucky person but this time VERY LUCKY! I never would have been able to sustain that 1200 for long i was starved!
  • Noor13
    Options
    Yes I had never dieted before 3 weeks ago. Found MFP on my new windows phone just looking for aps. I had decided to start eating healthier a week or so earlier and bought an elliptical to use. Started using MFP and about 5 days in stumbled onto the EM2WL group.Im usually not a very lucky person but this time VERY LUCKY! I never would have been able to sustain that 1200 for long i was starved!
    Well then try to go with your cut value. You are lucky if you have never been on low cals. It should work nicely for you :)
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Tl- you will be so glad you found this so early. I lost with this method having never been on a vlcd either. Good luck!