7/24 Challenges

VeggieKelli
VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
Alright, so we're still getting organized, but I figured I'd set up some challenges for all you go getters! These are optional, but I really urge you to choose one of the three at least and give it a go!

1) Running-
For all of you with running goals, first week challenge will be to rack up a total of 3 miles if you are just getting started, 6 miles, or 9 miles for those of you that have been running a bit more. Try spreading out the miles throughout the week, intervals of walking/running, but try your best to make those "running" miles and not walking!

2) Logging-
For everyone: log at least 5 out of 7 days no matter what! And drink a total of 8 glasses minimum. Get yourself used to this if you haven't been, everything put in your mouth adds up! If you've already been disciplined about this, good! Work on keeping your number to your goal and adding in more fruits and veggies!

3) Exercise-
In general, let's all try to rack in 20 minutes a day minimum, or a total of 140 minutes this week! It doesn't have to be strenuous, but just moving each day can really help!

Again, these are challenges and are OPTIONAL. Let's get started with these so that next week we can specifically target things you guys want to work on! If you want to see a specific exercise or food challenge, let one of us moderators know and we'll put something together!

Replies

• beeceezee
    beeceezee Posts: 46 Member
    Those sound like some great realistic challenges.
    Looking forward to it.
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    This will be great! I can do all of the challenges except running, but I will speed walk. I have been walking most days. I want to get back to running so maybe I can be running by labor day! Thanks for organizing the challenges!
  • fishiesintheseaa
    fishiesintheseaa Posts: 45 Member
    This sounds awesome! I could definitely use some motivation to get back into running!
  • dapalap74
    dapalap74 Posts: 1
    Thanks for some guidelines. I have a natural tendency to just do everything at once and set myself up for failure. I know I need to take it slow and overcome one thing at a time! Your goals are totally doable!!!
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    1 & 3 for me!:drinker:
    Will report at the end of the week.

HgH
  • rayita001
    rayita001 Posts: 150 Member
    2 & 3 for me. Looking forward to this challenge.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    i already do at least 30 minutes a day of exercise, and can't run due to back problems (my doctor thinks running is a trigger) so its # 2 for me .....i almost never get my 8 glasses of water and stop logging after a week or so so this will be good for me
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    2and 3 for me. I am doing a learn to run 1 mile program right now so my alternative for number 1 is to do three days of the program this week, and not lack off!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    I'm in.
    1. Goal to run 30 min MWF and walk at Least another 20
    30 day shred T and Th
    Long run of 5 miles Sat.

2. Hydrate a lot already just lazy to log
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    I am up for 2 and 3. However, my 3 is going to be burning 3500 calories per week as I just joined that challenge for the second week in a row.
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 208 Member
    Thanks!!! These challenges sound very do-able!
  • abbeyl11
    abbeyl11 Posts: 73
    Consider them done!!!! Can't wait to get to know you all!!!!!
  • sunshinedean
    sunshinedean Posts: 82 Member
    I can't run so I will do my running in the pool.
    I will log in 7 days ~ logging EVERYTHING & 8 + glasses of water
    I will exercise the 20 min a day
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Thanks for posting these. I don't run but the rest will work for me.....um maybe the water part will be hard though LOL. I usually get 32-48 oz in but I am really pushing myself to get 64 oz each day.
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    2 & 3 for me.
    Logging everyday, 96oz of water and 30min a day exercise. :-)
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    I have logged in everyday, drank my water everyday, and walked about 20 miles this week. I love these challenges :) How much will I lose this week? Weigh in tomorrow :)

Edit: I only walked 20 plus miles but I averaged two hours of exercise each day :)
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    2 & 3 for me.
    Logging everyday, 96oz of water and 30min a day exercise. :-)

I did the logging ever day, 96+oz of water, but today was the 1st day I exercised and did 45min. I plan to do better this week.