Putting the scales away!

Options
kazzsjourney
kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
I dont think I will last at my metabolism reset unless I stop weighing myself. I started this weight journey 6 years ago in August and have been a daily weigher...so this is going to be hard! Ive decided not to weigh myself again until August 1 altho i will take measurements.....bit scared on August 1 i will have gained like 20 pounds lol but gonna try this and hope im strong enough to resist them :)

Replies

• shirellp
    shirellp Posts: 12
    Options
    I am a daily weigher too! It's one of the first things I do in te morning. I need to take a leaf out of your book and throw away the scales. I don't think I can last till August but I will set myself the challenge to put them away till next Monday. Let u know how I go! Good luck to u!!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    im with ya! wasnt going to weigh till July, ut now im pushing back to august 1. scale sucks
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It's torture, but I feel way better not weighing myself.

In order to know if EM2WL is working I have to actually think about how I FEEL health-wise, rather than what my scale is telling me which is difficult but rewarding. When I moved into my new apartment I actually chose not to bring a scale with me. So I can only weigh myself at my parents house every few weeks.

I feel like now that I'm four weeks into Eat more and I've upped my exercise levels, I must have at least lost a pound and I'm dying to check, but at the same time I remind myself that I am so much more than any number on a scale and that my body deserves food and exercise regardless of how much weight I'm losing. UGH so hard.

Kudos to y'all!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I was a daily weigher but it was playing too much with my mind,... So a friend challenged me to take a week off, and I did.. since then I have at least been able to go back to weekly weigh ins... but I would love to avoid it for a month
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'd been weighing in every Friday, but after starting the reset it messed with my mind too much. So, I'm waiting until July 25th (the end of my 8 weeks) before getting back on the scale. I'll probably be horrified, but I'll get to start my cut the next day!:smile:
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I dont think I will last at my metabolism reset unless I stop weighing myself. I started this weight journey 6 years ago in August and have been a daily weigher...so this is going to be hard! Ive decided not to weigh myself again until August 1 altho i will take measurements.....bit scared on August 1 i will have gained like 20 pounds lol but gonna try this and hope im strong enough to resist them :)
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    We must have started same day,,, June 1? I'm up 7 1/2 lbs so far, think I'm going to exercise more or cut at 5wks. I wasn't a vlcd'er but no carb, lots of carbs, no carbs, lots of carbs. When it was 4-5 lbs, I could deal. Now I think I better do something different, I don't wanna have to lose 10 to get to my original fat weight!
  • kazzsjourney
    Options
    No I am actually only on day 5....August 1 is 1 week after my next cycle finishes so i figure thats a good time to look, So far i have gained 1.3 kilos so about 3 pounds.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    Wow, how did u lose the major weight ? Nice!
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You can so this ... i haven't jumped on for weeks and i have 2 weeks to go till i do ... once it has been put out of site i actually felt better. i still measure and seeing results there but the scale is just a stupid number anyways.

You got this!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • kazzsjourney
    Options
    Prior to this part of the journey i pretty much lost it all by calorie cycling eating 1800 cals per day...exercising 4-6 days per week...and eating clean :) Its worked well...but this last 10 kilos (20 pounds) is being a bit of a bugger! Hope this EM2LW helps :)
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    wow 85kg lost?!?! that's amazing!!! congrats on your success til now!! i'm sure the last bit will fly off soon!

as for the scale...i think its a great idea. i was driving myself crazy weight myself at the beginning of my reset, i ended up telling my husband to hide the scale while i was at work one day.

i'm weighing in again and taking measurements when i start my cut on 7/1. from then on, i'll weigh-in, every other week.

good luck!!!