Having a hard time eating enough calories

Options
jcreynolds98
jcreynolds98 Posts: 35 Member
So I have been tracking everything that has went into my mouth today and I am having a hard time eating all the calories that I need to reach TDEE-15%. Does anyone else have this problem in the beginning? I added honeydew melon to my dinner just to try to add in more calories and now I feel like I am going to explode from being so full. I don't want to get in the habit of eating throughout the day because once school starts back, I will not be able to snack while I am teaching (except for lunch and my prep period). Any suggestions?

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense food like almonds, peanut butter, greek yogurt and other full fat dairy, avocado etc.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense food like almonds, peanut butter, greek yogurt and other full fat dairy, avocado etc.
    ^^^^
    This! Don't fret with low fat versions or low cal versions of food.
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    With your schedule, you could do what I do. I try to eat 500 calories 4 times a day and add my pre-post workout snacks on top of that (I eat 2300 a day). It takes a lot of planning and prep, and logging into MFP to make sure you are getting your macros, but it works for me. Maybe it would work for you?

You need to keep your engine burning all day, so it's best not to save up.....because you are too busy or unprepared (I've been there myself)

Best wishes!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You can also add more calories into your breakfast.
  • lovesharmony
    lovesharmony Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What are some other ways besides diary products? Since i had my gallbladder remove any diary cause bloating and gas for 24 hours.
  • Mistymath
    Mistymath Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    A cup of soy milk has roughly the same amount of calories/protein as a cup of whole cow's milk.
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could drink a protein shake or two while you're teaching?