My hike challenge results + pic lol

Options

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 10K in July - anyone up for that challenge??

Hmmm possibly...I am training for ToughMudder in September so a 10k might be a good start. Working on starting couch to 5k though first lol
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 10K in July - anyone up for that challenge??

Hmmm possibly...I am training for ToughMudder in September so a 10k might be a good start. Working on starting couch to 5k though first lol

hey, fyi....when i did my girly mudder, i wore a wide wrist band (a sweatband) over my watch and it came out just fine. a little wet but not muddy. i was wary of the dirt particles getting into crevices and such...on the watch. the chest strap was aces too.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I promised to post these so here they are:

June 23, 2012...Whistler's Summit, Jasper AB 4100 ft Elevation gained in 4 hrs (would have been less, but the snow covered the trail above the treeline so we had to make our own trail the last hour) 19000 steps - over 2000 cals burned. And guess what?? NO DOMS!!! NSV! :drinker:

250736_10150875708910846_1991883016_n.jpg
    270892_10150875707080846_1402553255_n.jpg
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Nice...:smile:
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I'm jealous of all your wonderful hikes! Great job, everyone. Wish I was there.:happy:
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Nice one jyska!

I am planning this coming Sunday on hiking the Upper Yosemite Falls trail in Yosemite. Ill post pics up for that!

Also, my CEO and I are going to be planning a trip later this year to hike Half-Dome. Cant wait for that one.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Nice one jyska!

I am planning this coming Sunday on hiking the Upper Yosemite Falls trail in Yosemite. Ill post pics up for that!

Also, my CEO and I are going to be planning a trip later this year to hike Half-Dome. Cant wait for that one.

Those sound AWESOME!! I love this phrase in one of the descriptors of the sheer drop offs where the guard rails are: "Don't bring along any friends whose medication has led them to believe they can fly." :laugh:
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Nice one jyska!

Those sound AWESOME!! I love this phrase in one of the descriptors of the sheer drop offs where the guard rails are: "Don't bring along any friends whose medication has led them to believe they can fly." :laugh:

hahah ya, classic.
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    Got to do a good hike yesterday....Maunawili Falls hike. Elevation climb of 500ft in 1.3 miles, roundtrip 2.6 miles in way too many hours but I estimated about 2 hours of good steady hiking - so that gives you an idea of the terrain it took 1 hr to go 1.3 miles! Muddy, rocky, rooty (is that a word? lol lots of big tree roots), river crossings, stairs, some bouldering....a good time over all!

Unfortunately, no pics because I couldn't safely carry electronics down to the waterfall pool.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Love it! Del Valle? We love to hike! Maybe once I'm cleared to do that again we can do a MFP Livermore hike!!! ;)
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Love it! Del Valle? We love to hike! Maybe once I'm cleared to do that again we can do a MFP Livermore hike!!! ;)

This was Sunol / Little Yosemite area. I am always down to hike!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options

LOVE Sunol! It's so lovely out there. Hubby and kiddo hike almost every weekend. I was going until I got hit with this stress fracture. I'm impatiently awaiting being done with this air boot so I can start going with them again! I miss it. We are so fortunate to have so many lovely places to hike close by!
  • fiveohmike
    Options

LOVE Sunol! It's so lovely out there. Hubby and kiddo hike almost every weekend. I was going until I got hit with this stress fracture. I'm impatiently awaiting being done with this air boot so I can start going with them again! I miss it. We are so fortunate to have so many lovely places to hike close by!

Ya if you go to the far trailhead, I have been hiking McCorckle trail up to Canyon View Trail, down to Little yosemite and back.

Its a pretty big climb in the beginning, really gets the heart rate going.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options

Ya if you go to the far trailhead, I have been hiking McCorckle trail up to Canyon View Trail, down to Little yosemite and back.

I'm a little sick in the head. I like to sprint up really big hills! ;)
  • fiveohmike
    Options

I'm a little sick in the head. I like to sprint up really big hills! ;)

Id sprint too...if i wasnt dragging 284lbs of sex appeal up the hill....hahahahaha kidding. I try and keep a 3.5mph pace up the big hill, keeps my HR above 160.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Love all the great hiking pics! You all are inspirational.
  • Sid422
    Sid422 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Mine's a short hike but within walking distance so we are able to do this one a few times a week. I'm new at hiking so going straight up still kicks my *kitten* but it's gotten easier. LOL The dogs love it too even with their little short legs on the steep areas. Hope this works!

1.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    Woot! Way to go hikers!
  • Sid422
    Sid422 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Here's a better picture I forgot to add without the big tower in the way.
    8.jpg
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    So I did my hike this morning

4.77 miles
    11477 steps
    92 flights of stairs
    832ft Elevation change

1107 calories burned.

And I said it was gun show time, even though they suck lol!

This is at the top of the steep elevation hike:

20120616_090514.jpg

Oh Mike you are just the funniest dude!!!! Totally cracked me up.