Recipes

Options
13»

Replies

• _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    alright, here we go.... we need some pics!! i have a lot more pics of food on my facebook page cause im a loser. but im going to share my yummiest recipes that i eat on a regular basis!!

DELICIOUS "spaghetti"
    -3 cups spaghetti squash
    -1/2 cup lean ground turkey
    -1/2 cup pasta sauce
    -1 slice raisin ezeikel bread
    003.jpg

my evening casein snack, i have it EVERY NIGHT its my healthy ice cream before bed;)
    -1 scoop cookies n cream ON casein powder (any casein flavor would be good)
    -1 TBSP nut butter
    -add almond milk and mix until pudding like then freeze for half hr

006.jpg

this is SOOOO GOOOD OMG!! Reeses oat bran breakfast
    -90g oat bran (cook regularly)
    -stir in 1 scoop chocolate protein
    -3-4 TBSP PB2 or 1 TBSP nut butter
    -i added walden farms chocolate syrup (this pic is before i stirred it all)

008.jpg

my healthy french toast
    basically just use healthy bread, i used cinnamon raisin ezeikel bread... for the egg mixture i use one egg and 3 egg whites then add stevia, cinnamon and vanilla. cook like regular french toast and add sugar free syrup!!

011.jpg

got PIZZA okay, this is SO GOOD tastes just like pizza with barely any carbs!!
    -cook 1 cup of egg substitute in a pan so both sides are cooked (flip half way to cook both sides)
    -add 1/2 cup pasta sauce, 1/4 cup low fat cheese, toppings of choice!!

018.jpg

protein pancake (low carb...if you can have carbs add 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal to mixture)
    -mix 1 cup egg substitute with 1 scoop chocolate protein and any sweeteners you want. cook like a pancake and top with berries or sugar free syrup! in this pic is no cal syrup and cacao nibs :)

001.jpg

mushroom pizzas
    -same as egg pizza, just get portabello mushrooms and stuff with sauce, cheese and toppings of choice! bake in oven! (sorry i dont know temps and times, my mom cooks these hahha)

006-1.jpg

APPLE CHEESE DANISH!!

-cut one apple into chunks and microwave for 1 minute.
    -add 3/4 cup cottage cheese, stevia, vanilla and cinnamon. mix and leave in fridge overnight. YUMM
    008-1.jpg

APPLE PIE OATS
    - 90 g oat bran cook normal
    -1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    -vanilla, allspice, stevia and cinnamon,
    -1/3 cup applesauce

002.jpg

my greek yogurt!!
    -1 cup greek yogurt
    -1/2 packet of crystal light any flavour
    -1 tbsp cacao nibs
    -i usually add berries too just not in this pic :)

003-1.jpg
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Can everyone try to post the nutritional values (calories, carbs, protein, etc) for your recipes? Thank you!!!!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite go-to recipes...Careful, they are very addictive!!!

1/2 c. natural nut butter
    2 scoops protein powder, any flavor
    2 T. cocoa powder (unsweetened)
    1 cup oats
    1/4 c. honey
    stevia to taste

Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls. You may have to add a little water to get it to come together. I usually roll them into one inch balls, but you can also make them into bars. Keep them in the fridge, they are great for before and after workouts (or anytime really, lol!) . You can also add all kinds of ingredients to them, unsweetened coconut, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc. My kids love them too!

made these before but just made them again after reading this.. i add flax seed. dried cranberries would taste awesome too!!
  • mayralee13
    mayralee13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump forma later
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    As promised (sorry its late) my PORTUGUESE BEEF TRINCHADO recipe! :tongue:

What you need:

1 kg rump steak cubed/strips
    1 large onion finely sliced
    50ml Worcestershire sauce
    1 cup red wine
    3/4 cloves crushed garlic
    1 bay leaf
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 teaspoon paprika
    2/3 small red chilies chopped/chillie powder
    3/4 tablespoons flour
    Butter and oil for frying
    Water

The process:

Create a marinade by adding the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, wine, salt, pepper, paprika, chilies and bay leaf and give it a mix.
    Add the beef, stir to coat the beef and then cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge to marinade. You must let it marinade for at least 2 hours but overnight is best. This ensures that the beef is very tender and the flavors permeate right through the meat.
    In a pot with some butter sauté the onions on a medium heat until translucent and then remove and set aside.
    Dust the beef with flour and fry in a little oil on high to brown all over. Add the onions back into the pan with whatever marinade is remaining. Reduce the heat, add a little water to create the sauce, mix well and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
    Check on it every now and then and add water to make a nice amount of sauce.
    The sauce will thicken from the flour the meat was coated in.
    This is spicy and delicious and should be served with potato wedges, chips or a nice crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
    Traditionally you should have a few Olives on the side but not the end of the world.

YUM!!

Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Trinchado Recipe
    Serving Size: 1 (517 g) - this is lots, serving can be about 300-350g rather.

Servings Per Recipe: 4
    Amount Per Serving
    % Daily Value
    Calories 622.7

Calories from Fat 249
    40%
    Total Fat 27.7 g
    42%
    Saturated Fat 5.9 g
    29%
    Cholesterol 144.8 mg
    48%
    Sodium 529.1 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
    7%
    Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
    6%
    Sugars 9.0 g
    36%
    Protein 57.9 g
    115%
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I discovered a great protein packed snack yesterday I thought I'd share.

1 serving of Whole Grain Crackers (34 Degrees) - About 9 crackers = 35 calories
    2 oz Oven Baked Chicken (Boars Head) = 50 calories
    Light Cream Swiss Wedge (Laughing Cow) = 35 calories
    Yellow Mustard = zero calories

Spread cheese and mustard on each cracker and top with a bit of the chicken. So Yummy!

Calories 120; Fat - 2 g; Carbs; 9 g; Protein 16 g
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Almond Coconut Chia Butter

1 Tbsp = 75 calories, 4 carbs, 7g fat, 2g protein, 2g fiber

• 2 cups raw almonds, pan roasted (or just by roasted almonds)
    • ¼ cup shredded, unsweetened, reduced fat coconut (I use “Let’s Do Organic”)
    • ¼ c honey (or use 2 packets of stevia to save a few calories)
    • 2 TBSP chia seeds
    • 1 tsp sea salt

Toss all into a food processor and process the heck out of it. Can take 10 minutes or so.

Makes 24 serving of 1 TBSP each.

I like mine a bit “crumbly”, but if you’d like yours smoother, reduce the amount of coconut and process a bit longer.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's a link on the benefits of almonds/nuts http://www.superfoodsrx.com/superfoods/walnuts/

And re: chia seeds... http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/29/are-chia-seeds-a-superfood/

"They are an excellent source of fiber and antioxidants, a good source of calcium, a good source of plant based protein and an excellent source of the plant derived omega 3 fatty acid (alpha-linolenic acid) ALA similar to walnuts and flax. As with any nut or seed, they are low in saturated fat and contain no cholesterol, but like all nuts and seeds they are more calorie dense, 139 calories per ounce, so it is important to watch serving sizes and consume in moderation.

When chia seeds are combined with liquid (like water, milk, juice or yogurt), they form a gel due to the soluble fiber that they contain. This may have some benefit in terms of weight loss (although the research in this area is scant) by helping you feel fuller longer and also by delaying the increase in blood sugar of foods that you consume which contain chia seeds."
  • BrendaJaneK
    Options
    Phooee.... didn't click quote, see below.... lol
  • BrendaJaneK
    Options
    This is one of my favorite go-to recipes...Careful, they are very addictive!!!

1/2 c. natural nut butter
    2 scoops protein powder, any flavor
    2 T. cocoa powder (unsweetened)
    1 cup oats
    1/4 c. honey
    stevia to taste

Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls. You may have to add a little water to get it to come together. I usually roll them into one inch balls, but you can also make them into bars. Keep them in the fridge, they are great for before and after workouts (or anytime really, lol!) . You can also add all kinds of ingredients to them, unsweetened coconut, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc. My kids love them too!

Thanks for this - love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    BUMP!
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    bump~!
  • belle94509
    belle94509 Posts: 21
    Options