Insanity challenge starting June 11, 2012???? Anyone! :)

Options

Replies

• bluejones
    bluejones Posts: 25
    Options
    Week 1/Day 5: Pure Cardio.... OMG, this workout is a BEAST!!! Good luck to anyone that has yet to complete it... get your water ready!! :wink:
  • Julieelliott12
    Julieelliott12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So how is everyone doing? Are we all still on board?

I know I gave missed 2 days so far and only on day 11.. eek! But I am still sticking with it. I know I have gotten stronger, I can feel it, but the scale stil isn't moving... My diet is my main problem. Exercise can't fix a horrible diet ( going over cals with bad foods). Dinner is my worst, 300 cals worth of pasta and garlic bread doesn't seem like much. But I have to try not to ruin my day either...

What're some good dinners that you guys like that your family likes too?
  • bluejones
    Options
    Absolutely... still on board, finally getting to where I don't feel like I'm going to pass out in the first 2 minutes!! LOL I missed my INSANITY workout yesterday, b/c I was checking out a new gym with my husband, so I just worked out there, but I made up for it today by doing 2 (yesterday and today's workout), so I'm back on track. :happy:

As far as diet, I just try to stay within my calorie range (which I just figured out on MFP)... I was trying to figure out how to eat enough calories. SMH, anyway, that's been going ok for me. I don't really have any specific dinners that I like, I just try to balance my meals based on calories... you can check out my diary if you'd like...
  • annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey all, do you prefer to chat here in the community or on our individual walls via friend connections? Just curious as I don't have a ton of time to monitor both and I don't want to miss out on all the great conversation!

I had my second weigh in since starting insanity. gained 2 lbs but not going to stress b/c I'm sure I'm holding onto water for muscle repair. I feel good and havent missed a day. Now on week 2 / day 5 complete.

Broke down and bought another heart rate monitor. I hated doing it since I so irresponsibly lost my last one only a couple of months after getting it. I'm usually way more responsible than that. But I do think it's important to know truly how many calories I'm burning instead of guessing. However, after years of wearing a HRM off and on for various workouts (including swimming, zumba, running, weight lifting, cardio, etc.) and watching the numbers others put up there for those activities I know for sure I burn less than average. It's not because I'm not working hard, I know I am. I actually had my resting metabolism tested and I know that I burn less calories than the average person while at a rest and also while exercising. Great right? woohoo :) Not sure who to blame for those genes but I can make a guess.

Hope everyone else is feeling good and staying on track. stay healthy and don't get hurt! I'm having to modify a couple of moves b/c of wrist issues and my right knee clicks with most squats and jumps but other than that I'm feeling great. Must be getting old :)

take care!
  • ofey31
    ofey31 Posts: 15
    Options
    I prefer to keep track of everyone's progress here. It's kind of hard to comment on everyone's posts, but I try. We should have weekly weigh-ins and post any victories that we have accomplished. I took Wed. off to rest, so I'm off a day. I will catch-up this weekend.

I did eat a lot better this week which I know will help in losing weight! Good luck to everyone and don't let the weekend undo all your hard work you put in this week!!!
  • Julieelliott12
    Options
    Does anyone else find themselves starving eating the 1500 cals? I am trying so hard to stick to the 1500 but my stomach is just growling and im getting shakey after only a few hours...
  • ofey31
    Options
    You probably need to eat more. I eat b/t 1800-2000 and I'm still losing weight. You need to figure out your BMR. Did you read the guide? Shaun T goes over how to calculate all your #s.
  • Julieelliott12
    Options
    yeah it puts me at 1543... I'm only 5ft and don't have much weight to loose per say, it mostly just toning and turning fat to muscle..
  • bluejones
    Options
    Chatting here works for me, it is hard to keep up with everyone's wall updates, although I try... :smile:

My calories are 1800+ and I feel like I'm constantly eating. LOL, I hate that MFP adds back my exercise calories, then it looks as though I haven't eaten anything all day... (net calories) it was very confusing for me at first, but I think I understand it now. :indifferent:

I haven't weighed myself yet, I'm waiting for the fit test days, so I can weigh and measure at the same time. Plus I don't want to get discouraged by the scale, if it's not moving as much as I would like it to. Week 2 is almost over, and I don't know about you, but I am taking fewer breaks during the workout, and feeling great when it's over!! Actually looking forward to week 3!!
  • momar74
    momar74 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello all - Getting here a bit late. I started on 6/11 also and just completed week 2. I had a hard time completing both work-outs this morning. I was gassed after pure cardio and should have put the abs work-out til later. I am doing more and more of the workouts but cant get through the push-ups within allotted time & pace.
  • bluejones
    Options
    Hi momar74 ... I know how you feel, I'm feeling the same way... next time, I'm definitely going to split those two workouts up. I could barely make it through the Abs workout, plus I kept getting abdominal cramps.... I may repeat it tommorrow (rest day), since today I didn't do so well. I'm looking forward to week three, I can definitly feel myself getting stronger/pushing through the workouts with fewer breaks, but those push-ups are a beast.... I do what I can, then I go to my knee push-ups, just to keep moving. I'm sure that's not as effective, but it's better than just sitting there. :ohwell:

Good luck in week 3!!
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    Hi all. I started the same day but just joined MFP today. Everyone did so many on their fit test! My numbers or nowhere near yours. ;-)

Anyway, I haven't finished week two and a post here reminded me that it's two workouts, eek!
  • momar74
    Options
    Good Morning Folks - Completed the 2nd fit test this morning and a huge improvement from the first one. I think it is due to 3 things: 1. I am definitely getting stronger and am able to stay with the exercise for a longer period of time. 2. My attitude has changed somewhat to 'can do' from 'cant do' - I think this makes a huge difference. 3. For the first test, I was unfamiliar with some of the movements and now gained familiarity, which may have contributed to my improvement. Seeing the improvement on paper is very motivating!

Good luck to everyone on week 3!!!
  • jeffsalyer
    jeffsalyer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started on June 11 and just finished my 2nd fit test as well. I'm going to post FT1 and FT2 results below. During FT1, I pushed it too much and got sick by the last exercise. Learned a lesson there. Bought a HRM too which helps me keep up with the calories. I usually end the workouts with a full bottle of Gatorade Recovery G3.

I'm pretty happy thus far with my results. I've lost 5 pounds and can tell that fat is dropping and my core is tightening up. MFP has been a big help in keeping me on the wagon.

Fit Test Results #1 #2
    Switch Kick 90 100
    Power Jacks 50 53
    Power Knees 69 99
    Power Jumps 30 40
    Globe Jumps 8 10
    Suicide Jumps 16 18
    Push-up Jacks -- 40
    Low Plank 30 40

Looking forward to the final results.
  • dnique03
    dnique03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great Job everyone. I know I haven't been posting to the group in a while due to my work schedule. I'm like 2 days behind most of you, I have sought motivation to keep going just by the heads up from everyone who have completed the workouts im soon to jump into. Things started out kind of rough but now i see myself taking shorter breaks and able to complete most of the exercises I struggled to complete the first week. I know we have to at least take one rest day but for me I feel i need to work out each day somehow to keep motivated. Do you guys feel the same way? Im actually excited to take the fit test in a couple of days to see where im at. I'm not looking for huge increases but at least some. The only exercises that scares me is the push up jacks. I have no upper body strength , which I struggle through in the regular work outs but I been working on those on a daily so hope to improve some. Goodnight everyone, and wish you must success in week 3
  • ofey31
    Options
    FIt Test Results :smile:

(DAY 1) - (DAY 15)

1. Switch kicks 105 - 130

2. Power jacks 38 - 53

3. Power knees 105 - 110

4. Power jumps 25 - 30

5. Globe jumps 6 - 9

6. Suicide jumps 12 - 12

7. Push-up jacks 14 - 30

8. Low plank oblique 30 - 50
  • sinsrhythm
    sinsrhythm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ofey how are you counting your switch kicks?
  • annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    yeah it puts me at 1543... I'm only 5ft and don't have much weight to loose per say, it mostly just toning and turning fat to muscle..

You sound like me. I'm 4'11 with only about 9 to lose. I'm trying to stay under 1500 caleries and I'm still feeling hungry, but I noticed the protein shakes I've been drinking in the evening help me feel really full and I'm less likely to snack right before bed (which is a bad time for me after I put the kids to bed). So, my biggest issue now is my second worst time which is right when I get home from work but before dinner. I want to snack on everything!

Best of luck to you!
  • momar74
    Options
    I am finding it more and more difficult to get motivated to do the workouts. Anyone else feeling the same? I am forcing myself to get started, once I start I am fine and feel good after completing. I am happy that week 3 will be over tomorrow.
  • bluejones
    Options
    I am finding it more and more difficult to get motivated to do the workouts. Anyone else feeling the same? I am forcing myself to get started, once I start I am fine and feel good after completing. I am happy that week 3 will be over tomorrow.

I'm feeling the same way... it's so hard to get going, especially if I don't get up and do it first thing in the morning, but once it's over I feel great. Not sure what's up with that... sometimes I watch the INSANITY infomercials (since their own 1000 times a day)... that motivates me to get up and get moving!! :wink: