How muc weight have you gained on the reset?

Options
:tongue:

Replies

• JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    5 lbs. Now starting my cut and hoping to see it come off.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Gained 4lbs and lost 2% bf so far.
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    Options
    Jess 5 lbs is what I have gained so far and still have two weeks to go to hit 8 weeks. Trying to get a idea of what everyone is gaining on it. Thanks everyone! :wink:
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    On day 5 have gained 1.3 kilos so far (2.86 pounds) and im only at day 5 :(
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have gained about 7, but I am not doing a full reset, I am at TDEE-15%--I am now entering week 6
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I gained like 6 or 7 in the first week, leveled off, then lost.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    7 but I didn't know WTH I was doing at first and I think I had my TDEE figured too high. Live & learn, crash & burn, the only way I ever learn anything, lol. :P
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    6lbs and I am resetting for 3 and a half weeks
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Had my TDEE too high too. Now I am getting the hang of it. It feels easy now. Not like a diet at all. That is good I am assuming.
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started this 10 weeks ago and didn't gain an ounce for 8 weeks.
    Here I am at my 10th week mark and the scale jumped 4 pounds?!?!
    Is something wrong???
    Because not only have I gained, but I am not losing at all...
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I started this 10 weeks ago and didn't gain an ounce for 8 weeks.
    Here I am at my 10th week mark and the scale jumped 4 pounds?!?!
    Is something wrong???
    Because not only have I gained, but I am not losing at all...

are you eating at TDEE or TDEE cut?

what is your age, height, weight, and activities?
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    TDEE -%15 was 2070 for me. is that to high for a cut??
    I thought I had this all figured out LOL!

37 years
    157lbs
    5’6”
    I just finished P90X and I'm just doing my own thing daily lifting weights
    My goal is gym time for at least 45 min to 60 min a day
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    5 weeks done and total gain is 1.2#!

Edit to add I've lost an inch from my waist and 1/2 inch from the hips:tongue:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I did the reset for 8 weeks and gained a total of 23 pounds. Yep, you read that right. I started my cut last week and am feeling MUCH less bloated, though the scale did not move much this past weekend. I brought my cut up to 20 percent from the 15 percent I did last week; hoping to see and feel some more results!
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4 and have chosen not to stop on the scale until I've done 6 weeks or else I'll get scared and bolt. I do have a question. If we are eating at TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and that is supposed to be maintenance, why is everyone gaining? Doesn't seem like a very good maintenance plan for when I'm done losing. :sad:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4 and have chosen not to stop on the scale until I've done 6 weeks or else I'll get scared and bolt. I do have a question. If we are eating at TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and that is supposed to be maintenance, why is everyone gaining? Doesn't seem like a very good maintenance plan for when I'm done losing. :sad:

Most of us have been eating a very low calorie diet (VLCD) before beginning this process. Our bodies are set up, by nature, for feast and famine times. Our VLCD was famine to our bodies! Some of us had binge problems (me! me!), and every time we binged, we gained because our bodies were like "ahhh, yes! food! feast! hold on to this, because she/he may not feed us again for a long time! all this extra food is going to be stored as FAT for energy when we're back in famine mode!" SO, since we've upped our food during the reset, our bodies are reacting as if we're in feast mode, so we're gaining weight. That's why we do this for at least 8 weeks! When our bodies finally realize that they don't have to keep gaining weight, that the amount of food we're feeding our body is consistent and we're not going to starve again, then everything levels off. That's when you start your cut and beginning losing, while eating more! Hence - Eat More to Weigh Less. :flowerforyou:
  • ktbazzy
    ktbazzy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am in week 4 and have gained 12 pounds. It can't possibly be from eating at TDEE... I feel awful but I need to stick it out a few more weeks. I ate below 1300 cals a day for years, binging and then starving myself again when I saw the scale move. I also ate very little carbs and protein, so my body doesn't know how to process any of the good stuff I am eating again. I REFUSE to buy new clothes, the gain has to stop soon, right?
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I think I had the highest at a whopping 13 lbs. :( I have lost 5 and "feeling" it lower a bit more but I try not to step on the scale too much as it will make or break my day even though i know it lies. .
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 5 of the Reset and have gained about 3lbs...I have stayed at this weight (165) for a couple of weeks now so I am thinking that may be all that I will gain....I hope so anyways. But I have also had to play around with my numbers somewhat b/c my activity level decreased quite a bit a few weeks ago so I am at light activity now...

Everyone who is having significant gains, just go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to make sure that your numbers are correct and that you are truly at the right activity level meant for you....You may even have to do an average of two activity levels to get your numbers...I was using an average between light and moderate b/c I wasn't exactly either one of those and it was working for me that way...Just a thought.

Also, make sure that you are eating at TDEE consistently - Even on your rest days b/c until you are consistent with this your body will still have doubts about when it will rec'v the fuel it needs...Consistency is KEY here!!!

And just remember that 1. We are all in this together and 2. WE CAN DO THIS!!! Best of luck to you all... :)
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Day 6 today and I dropped close to a pound over night (400 grams) which puts me up about 2 pounds (900 grams now)....not sure if its a loss cos things are balancing out or from medication for a bladder infection...either way I was glad to not see the scales go up again ;)