how tall of a heel will you wear ???

Options
vice1989
vice1989 Posts: 34 Member
I am 5;8 and I used to NEVER wear heels, I hated being taller then everyone laready with out them, and being like 6 ft with them i was insanely taller then allother chicks, but one day I saw a girl who had to be 6'1 and wearing huge heels, and I started saying *kitten* it and I would still only wear no more then 2.5-3 inch. Now I wear up to 4,

But all the sexiest heels are 5 inches !!

Replies

• pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' so my cut off is 3 inches!! 2 in. is preferable but I have better options with 3 in. heels
  • vice1989
    vice1989 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ya it sucks that the hottest ones and the taller ones !!1 GRRR.

I bought like 5.5 inchers once, wore them one time and at a grocery store a lil kid said WOW shes tall and I nfever wore them again.. man they were so sexy though... like classy stripper shoes LOL
  • lizw123
    lizw123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" and I used to wear very high heels occasionally. I didn't mind towering over other women, or even some men. There was one guy I worked with once who used to act very superior to me and one day when he started, I simply stood up and said "Yes?" This made him have to crane his neck to look up at me, which was quite funny in the circumstances.

Lately I have found heels too uncomfortable and am getting rid of them ALL. I now want to wear flats or very low heels. My favourites are Louis heels, kitten heels and those really tiny heels. I don't know if I'll feel comfortable in heels again when I've lost a lot of weight but will just have to see.
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love wearing heels 4in is my normal height anything shorter is uncomfortable to my feet
    Im 5'10 and Love my Height
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    Comfortable for me is 3 1/2 - 4 inches.
  • slamazon
    slamazon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 and I LOVE to wear 4-inch heels and platforms!!!! I used to be really self-conscious and to be honest, I still am a little but I am willing to go outside of my comfort zone to wear some fantastic footwear!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Now that I've lost over 80 pounds, I've started wearing heels again. I'll go up to 3 - 3 1/2 inches. Maybe once I get down to my goal weight I may consider wearing higher ones.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I never wear heels. At 6' I'm used to being taller than most people so that isn't really the issue. But I live in the rural UK - think quaint, beamy LOW ceilings and cute, quirky LOW doorways... I've enough scalp scars as it is without raising my height any further. Plus I just don't find them at all comfortable - I walk a lot everyday and I like to stride out. I'll wear a low heel if called for, for an occasion - but they end to get kicked off after the first couple of glasses of wine!
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm 6'1. I like to wear 3" or 3.5" heels. They are comfy and feel natural and I can walk normally in them no problem, and can even run in some! Anything beyond that and things get a bit wobbly... and god knows I need no help falling down! lol
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft tall and will usually wear up to 5inches. Basically because I stop being able to walk in 5inches+

I just love the way they make me legs look..
  • LauraRN88
    LauraRN88 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9in and the tallest heel I would wear is 3in. But not when I'm with my other half as he is 5ft 8in!
  • onyxcougar
    onyxcougar Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm 6' and prefer flats, mostly because 3" or more hurt my feet.
    However, finding cute flats = impossible.
  • ambearluv
    ambearluv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and will wear up to about a 4" heel for work. I love the heels. Around the house and with the kids I am a flip flop girl, but my work shoes are my fun ones :) I tend to go for a 3" because I can wear them for hours, but will go as high as 4".
  • drgoodtimes
    Options
    My husband is shorter than me (I'm 6ft and he's 5' 10") so I rarely wear them. If I do, it's only a max of 2 inches. I am way too unstable. Also, with higher heels, that creates a whole new pants-length issue!
  • HeadBangingBabe
    HeadBangingBabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' so my cut off is 3 inches!! 2 in. is preferable but I have better options with 3 in. heels

This exactly! My husband is only 6'1" and I don't ALWAYS want to tower over him!
  • cadigirl25
    Options
    I totally agree..I can never find cute flats which I prefer...I live in Texas so I do get to wear flip flops alot lol
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and LOVE my heels.
    I own one pair of flats (plus my running shoes and flip flops, thongs here in Australia) and everything else has at least a 2" heel. All my favourite ones are 4".
    All my boots have heels, either wedge or stilletto.
    LOVE the way stilettos and a nice top fancy up my jeans for a night out.
  • SarahElizabeth416
    SarahElizabeth416 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I think most heels I own are at least 4 inches, but i'm not opposed to wearing 5 inch or platform pumps!!! plus most of the crazy designs that I love are 5 inches.
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I'll wear as tall a heel as I can manage (which isn't much). I think most of the ones I have are 3 inches, but I do have one pair of 4-inch heels that I adore and actually find more comfortable than most. My husband is 6'7", so I can get away with stilts, basically.

My dad (who is 6'6") always swore that tall women should never wear flats. It's very graceful and pretty to see a woman with long legs wear heels instead of stubby flat shoes. (Incidentally, my mother is over 6 feet and she rocks in heels.)
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm right at 6ft and I love platform heels. The higher- the better, mine currently range from 3inch regular heel to 31/2inch platfrom with 51/2inch heels. theyre even wild colors like Bright red, zebra, Green (St Pattys day :o), black....grey with studs...oh i love them all!!!