An argument for full fat salad dressing

Options
heidi5k
heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
http://www.thekitchn.com/scientists-say-salad-isnt-as-healthy-without-salad-dressing-173220

The gist: fat is necessary to absorb nutrients, of the fats tested, monounsaturated fats do that most efficiently. (Canola, olive oil...) Enjoy those salads, friends!

Replies

• ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist says "Real fat does NOT make you fat, low fat makes you fat!!!"
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Agreed! No more low fat, fat free here! whole foods all the way : )
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Yup. I have up a lot of low fat products when I started eating more.. my hair was constantly falling out in clumps and low and behold eating better, eating full fat has helped restore that:)
  • vatblack
    vatblack Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I wish I can convince my husband not to drink skimmed milk. I have been familiar with the argument that low fat makes you fat for a long time already ... anything with "diet/low/free" is probably going to make you fat.
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I wish I can convince my husband not to drink skimmed milk. I have been familiar with the argument that low fat makes you fat for a long time already ... anything with "diet/low/free" is probably going to make you fat.

Actually, I think that drinking 1% or skim is a good idea. The saturated fats in dairy aren't the best. Fats from nuts, avocados, olive oils are the best. I was just reading yesterday about how the thinking on fats is developing - it's kind of complicated - like what chain of fatty acids make up the particular fat.

I do drink 1%, however I sure enjoy real cream in my coffee every morning! :)