two workouts a day is killing me- Week 1

Options

Replies

• FineassTJ
    FineassTJ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Morning guys, I did Cardio 1 last night to complete my first 5 days of the kickstart. I will do the last double Cardio 1 this evening when I get home from work. Going to do it back to back and then RESTTTTTTTTT lol I can not wait. My weigh in will be on either Sunday or Monday morning. Think I will let my muscles and body rest on Sunday then weigh in on Monday. Does it make a difference?
  • FineassTJ
    Options
    Just finished my last day of the kickstart. Did a double cardio 1 tonight. I feel so proud that I did the full 6 days 2 workouts a day. I can not wait to weigh myself and see if I started off great. People you can do this. We are here to support each other. I am so glad I joined this group. Now let me start my rest day NOW LOL Good luck everyone.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! I finished the 2 a day's yesterday and I'm so glad that is over! Keep up all the good work. Week 2 should be a piece of cake.
  • tsmithn
    tsmithn Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks to you I will beginning this journey today!! I am excited about it but same time scared.. Hahah. I will tell you how great it is after my first weigh in. :laugh:
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    Thanks to you I will beginning this journey today!! I am excited about it but same time scared.. Hahah. I will tell you how great it is after my first weigh in. :laugh:

You're going to do great! Just keep thinking next week will be easier, I promise.
  • FineassTJ
    Options
    So today was weigh in and I didnt lose a pound nor did I gain anything. I know we are not supposed to pay attention to the scale but it was pretty disheartening to see that it did not move at all. I have been dieting and excercising since April 30 and lost 19 pounds. I really thought the 2 a day workouts for the first week would get the weight moving. Oh well I am not going to give up. I did workout 1 week 2 this morning and will continue on.
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    So today was weigh in and I didnt lose a pound nor did I gain anything. I know we are not supposed to pay attention to the scale but it was pretty disheartening to see that it did not move at all. I have been dieting and excercising since April 30 and lost 19 pounds. I really thought the 2 a day workouts for the first week would get the weight moving. Oh well I am not going to give up. I did workout 1 week 2 this morning and will continue on.

Did you take your measurements? Sometimes I find that I don't seem to lose weight, but my clothes feel bigger than before. Don't lose heart. I have a feeling that I won't lose so much this week without doing the 2 a days. Keep positive and just remember if you are moving your body then you are improving your body weight loss or not.
  • FineassTJ
    Options
    No I didnt take any measurements but my clothes do feel loose and my legs are starting to look toned. My spouse says I look smaller too. I just hate the scale having so much power! LOL I been in a down mood all day after this morning weigh in. But I will continue and I think I am going to add more cardio in from another source like running or something.
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    No I didnt take any measurements but my clothes do feel loose and my legs are starting to look toned. My spouse says I look smaller too. I just hate the scale having so much power! LOL I been in a down mood all day after this morning weigh in. But I will continue and I think I am going to add more cardio in from another source like running or something.

I completely understand. I can't count the number of times I was doing everything perfect and the scale didn't seem to budge, but that didn't mean my body wasn't changing. Wish I'd stop sabotaging myself and gaining the weight back though, oh well. I was hoping for an easier Week 2, but looks like I'll be camping thurs-sun so I'm right back to doing the 2 a day's mon-weds, sucks.
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    Well, its Week 2 and I did Cardio 1 twice this morning. I have to admit it's getting easier, but I'm still tired the rest of the day. Not sleeply, but just moving slower. Only 3 day's of 2 a day's this week and they're almost completed. Only 1 more day, yay! I'm so looking forward to camping Thursday-Sunday. I've never hiked Big Sur, but I've heard it's beautiful. Can't wait.
  • Jennifer_lynn85
    Options
    I was so tired that week as well, thankfully my son was still in school so I could nap before going to pick him up! Made a world of difference. Your doing great and have fun camping!!!
  • adoreme214
    adoreme214 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's tough. But I'm just doing one day at a time so I don't get ovewhelmed with what's to come. I am doing the 2 workouts a day (back to back). First the Wokout then the Cardio. Today is my day 3 and I have 2 cardio wokouts to complete.

"Within ourselves are the seeds of triumph or defeat." - Longfellow
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    I'd like to report that Week 2 is complete finished Workout 1 and 2 this morning and now I can focus on getting ready to go camping. Really looking forward to hiking found a great trail the only problem is that its 10.2 miles and half of that is all up hill. I'm going to do my best and see how it goes, really can't wait. Good luck to everyone else that's doing 2 a day's I feel you. I can't believe my calves are sore after having done Cardio 1 all last week, but they are. Weird.
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    I'm back from camping in Big Sur it was wonderful. I think I did pretty well with my diet including alcohol. I got some small hikes in and lots of time on the beach. I even ran a mile one day just to add a little something. I was supposed to start Week 3 Workkout 3 yesterday, but I was too tired. I decided to do both W3 and W4 back to back today in order to play catch-up. It was tough, especially W3. I'm actually looking forward to just Cardio 1 tomorrow. Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,246 Member
    Options
    I switched it up...sometimes we have to do things at our own pace. The first week I only did 1 workout a day. The second week I did two workouts a day. I was on leave from work the second week and able to split the workouts up to morning and evening. What can I say...it worked for me:-)
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    Week 3 Cardio 1 accomplished! I found Cardio 1 to be the easiest its been so far today. I'm a little bit sore all over from W3's & W4. I can't wait to finish this week's workouts. I have a 10 mile hike planned for Sunday and I can't wait. I'm ready to be done with Phase 1 I'm hoping I make my weightloss goal (10 lbs). Fingers crossed :)
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    Week 3 W3 complete for the week, feels good. I have to admit W3 was easier today. I still find it challenging though. Can't wait to finish out the week and see what the scale has to say.
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OK, guess I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the workout plan......2 of these a day?!:huh:
    Now I am wondering what to do..... I run 3 days a week and wondering if that is enough in addition to one JMBR workout per day. Otherwise I would have to come in after my morning run, do a workout, then another one at night. Might just kill me.....lol! Decisions, decisions.....
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    OK, guess I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the workout plan......2 of these a day?!:huh:
    Now I am wondering what to do..... I run 3 days a week and wondering if that is enough in addition to one JMBR workout per day. Otherwise I would have to come in after my morning run, do a workout, then another one at night. Might just kill me.....lol! Decisions, decisions.....

I never did the 2X a day for the kickstart week. The whole reason I got this program was that it was only 30 minutes a day. I can do that. I wuold think since you are already running, you should be fine, since the extra workout for week 1 is cardio.
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    MayDay, thank you! That's exactly why I got the program too.....30 minutes is totally do-able, but trying to fit it another is not always so easy! Sure, if I worked out for an hour everyday, I better look amazing, right?:laugh: And so far, my running is giving me the best calorie burn by far. There, I feel better~ lol